Search results

1. DevilRedeemed

Voice acting in videogames is rubbish

You want to play something that feels like a film? Well good for you, I don't. Even if you do, how goofy is the voice acting in practically all games? Tremendous idiotizing mechanism, brings any and all experience down to sub pedestrian level. You are led down the narrowest of paths. There's no...
  2. DevilRedeemed

Where do you stand on animal rights?

I'm no Vegan psycho fundamentalist but I think there are a lot of problems with regards to how we treat animals and reading this article pissed me off https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/11/09/world/chimeric-monkey-live-birth-stem-cell-scn/index.html I think using stem cells is fine but fucking...
  3. DevilRedeemed

Do you ever wish you could edit a particular piece of music, tweaking it a little to make it better?

No? Well fuck you then . . So when Diamond Eyes came out by the Deftones I was particularly hooked on the track 976 Evil. I though it was just stunning, quintecential, everything that's good about Deftones. Years later...
  4. DevilRedeemed

What region do your favourite English people hail from?

Something about the geordies I can't help but like. The women can hold their drink and are funny. I have thought about visiting Newcastle many times, would probably go there above going back to London (too many dickheads) People from Cornwall seem really cool too
  5. DevilRedeemed

Your favourite music collabs

Not talking about the obvious and undoubtedly good Freddy Bowie thing. What stands out for you as something special. If you can share the song itself here even better. I'll give it a think myself too
  6. DevilRedeemed

Ohms the new Deftones album

They just put this out and I'm listening to it right now. I love it already. Feels streamlined and engaged. The last great album they put out before this in my mind was Diamond Eyes, with Gore being a misstep, hard to listen to for me. I would rate this higher than Diamond Eyes to be honest...
  7. DevilRedeemed

Crazy Games and Warp

Shinya Nishigaki and Kenji Eno... such amazing talents. I guess they stood out for me because what they released was mostly for Sega platforms. Blue Stinger and Illbleed where so broken and busted and yet I loved those games. Illbleed in particular is a weird spectacular mess. And the D, Enemy...
  8. DevilRedeemed

What do you consider to be the most impressive looking-sounding-playing 32bit era game?

Was watching Sega Lord X talk about Panzer Dragoon Zwei and it brought back memories. I'm hard pushed to recall a more impressive game in terms of the realization of the world the game is set in. It's not just a technical marvel, it's conceptually sophisticated to a degree that sets it apart...
  9. DevilRedeemed

Happy birthday Karou you crazy bastid

Have a good one.
  10. DevilRedeemed

Any game have a special ending for 1cc' or fastest speed run?

Since they are a thing amongst gamers these days, admittedly of older games, but I wonder if indie developpers have ever caught on to such an idea? The speed run thing would need online leader board access type thing. But well yeah was just wondering because yeah
  11. DevilRedeemed

Game design superstars

Was thinking about this the other day. The era of the game designer as some sort of celebrity seems to me to have passed. You still have Miyamoto touted as videogame pope, and assorted old school designers carrying their own weight, Kojima and the like. And then there's Hidetaka Miyazaki who is...
  12. DevilRedeemed

Boris wins

Was there any doubt this would happen? A strong win to boot. Corbyn was born to lose, as is Sanders. There's no place for these guys at the helm. Labour/Democrats will win when they find themselves another Blair/Clinton/Obama. Celebrity is everything.
  13. DevilRedeemed

Happy Birthday STK

Have a great day.
  14. DevilRedeemed

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams

Downloaded it from gamepass and from the get go enjoyed it a lot. Been a long time since I had fun playing a game. Such a nice mix of simple europlatform action with a brash look teetering on the edge of rusticity and saturated. Mindless oldstyle fun. Anything else of the sort out there?
  15. DevilRedeemed

Interface the biggest hurdle for modern games?

Was just watching something related to Last of Us 2 and I get the sense that these type of games are fundamentally immersive experiences where your success is or should be based on how well you tackle the terrain so to speak. There are games where the well regarded player is judged by their...
  16. DevilRedeemed

Tupac or Nas?

Who?
  17. DevilRedeemed

Shenmue 3 finally starting to look amazing

To me at least. The look of it is organic and I for one love the styled faces. Something classic and authentically Japanese about them. It's looking like it will be a well justified third outing for the series. Good times ]
  18. DevilRedeemed

Rumor: Snipes might star in R-rated Blade movie

I have been rooting for Snipes for a long time, he just hasn't done anything of worth since Blade 2. Reprising the Blade role in a Deadpool type film makes a ton of sense. And I for one find Snipes infinetly more funny than that other guy. Here's hoping
  19. DevilRedeemed

SSSSSOLD::FS/Rainbow Islands pcb great price/needs soldering

Sold/dloS. Here's the deal. Original workingTaito pcb in great shape, the little board pictured on the right came off and I don't have the time to take it to be soldered back on. Price is 350 dollars shipped or best offer. From what I've seen it goes for around 500-650 dollars on eBay...