Search results

1. Taiso

Like Macross? Hate Harmony Gold? You gonna *love* THIS!

I don't know what the licensing fees actually are but it's clearly enough that Tatsunoko would rather not risk losing the power set by the precedent of their victory in court. Their hands are on the levers and if they let them go, it's a chance that they lose their grip forever The only real...
  2. Taiso

Then you don't really know how these things work. Or you do and you're doubling down anyway. It's profitable because it's not costing Tatsunoko anything to take HG's distribution rights payola. And HG is getting money from those that want to make Robotech products (currently board games, card...
  3. Taiso

Your response is Saner tier. If you ask for an answer and it is given, listen to the answer. Tatsunoko and HG renewed because they could. It's a low effort contract backed up by the law that only makes them money. And rather than renegotiate new terms with a new company, they can just extend...
  4. Taiso

I said in my summary that Big West already tried to shed themselves of Harmony Gold and couldn't. Japanese courts already ruled on that. I also said Tatsunoko renewed the contract with HG at the 11th hour. It's like you didn't read the post.
  5. Taiso

Outside of Japam, Harmony Gold has exclusive distribution rights. Before Big West bought the IP, Tatsunoko (who had distribution rights at the time) signed the 'Robotech' deal with HG. Tatsunoko has signed a similar agreement with Fasa to use the mecha likeness with Fasa. This is why you see...
  6. Taiso

I'm only about 8 years late: ff14 is awesome

I In fairness, I contributed to the.problem by making a peacemaker of myself. It led to a perception that I was someone others could confide in. It wasn't true. At times I was being asked to share information because someone 'was worried' for that person. Other times I found myself getting...
  7. Taiso

A MAN AND A WOMAN!??!?!?! WHAT'S THAT!??!?! A MAN AND A WOMAN!!!! IT MUST BE PRO TO CUL TURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Taiso

King Kong vs Godzilla.

I'd like to see a Gamera crossover, as I don't believe it's ever happened in live action I'd also take a sequel to Shin Godzilla, which is the actual 'best' Godzilla movie I've seen since the original.
  9. Taiso

Weekly Roundup

PS4 Marvel's Avengers-Cap and Black Widow are ridiculously fun to play. The grind and multiplayer are an insult. Story is so so. You have to assemble the Avengers after an accident at the beginning of the game leads to five years on the run after thwyre framed, split up and go into various...
  10. Taiso

King Kong vs Godzilla.

One of the conceits of Kong as a concept is that when he cares for someone, he can always find them. This isn't the first instance of him having that of 'radar'. Yes, it may not make sense but it's just part of the idea.
  11. Taiso

The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

Rick's design looks like a fan art design contest that didn't win but benefitted from being redrawn in the RB2 art style. Or maybe a Rob Leifeld design that wasn't used in Youngblood. There's something there that could work, especially in the face and hair, but needs something to truly make...
  12. Taiso

King Kong vs Godzilla.

Saw it on iMax yesterday and was thoroughly entertained despite its sheer stupidity and 'pacing problems'. Millie Bobbie Brown's talents are being thoroughly wasted in Hollywood. She has some chops but her agents are burning her out with all of these Stunning and Brave roles. She is a good...
  13. Taiso

Art of Fighting 3 Review

US Title: Art of Fighting 3 Japanese Title: Art of Fighting 3 By: SNK Year: 1996 Size: 298 Megs Home Release? Yes MVS Release? Yes CD Release? Yes The Path Of The Warrior: Art Of Fighting 3 Ryu Ko No Ken Gaiden: The Art Of Fighting THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN The third...
  14. Taiso

Holy shit I missed you guys!

I've been thinking about the notion of taking NG.com for granted and I've come to the conclusion that it would be sad if people did that.
  15. Taiso

Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

D&D probably wanted to fuck Maisie Williams, too. Being the entertainment industry, it wouldn't surprise me. Well, at least they got to fuck their audience.
  16. Taiso

Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

If you are a fan of television, this a production marvel. Even the 8th season with its many, many flaws. It is a great TV series to show film classes. Both for how to adapt something as dense as ASOIF fornmass media consumption and also how NOT to develop a series chasing social media trends...
  17. Taiso

FATAL FURY I & II OVAs & THE MOTION PICTURE on R1 DVD By DISCOTEK MEDIA

Turns out I had the single for CALLING as well, although I bought it used many years ago. I also own 'Sound Action' and TMP OSTs as well but those were already posted. Anyway, there you go. Certainly, they existed...
  18. Taiso

Neo Secret Santa 2020

My wife called this the gayest Christmas ever because of all the cocks. Thanks for the fine reads! That illustrated Animal Farm is especially nifty!
  19. Taiso

Neo Secret Santa 2020

Jesus fuck, as if 2020 couldn't get any worse:lolz:
  20. Taiso

Wallachia-Castlevania+Contra

So here's a new side scrolling action game. Contra style running and gunning mixed with a Castlevania aeesthetic. 12 bucks on Switch. Feels like an old TG-16 game. I've enjoyed my time with it so far. Not a 'must have' but worth 12 bucks for sure.