Search results

1. A

What is this Factory Mod in Battery Circuit?

I am performing the coin cell mod. Following Jian-Xi's tutorials. I see this "factory" mod in the battery circuit. Should I remove it (along with the 470ohm resistor) to ensure the recharging circuit is disabled?
  2. A

Stuff to Trade

Looking to trade. Will add to this list later, but here is what I can think of that I have to trade thus far: CPSIII w/Darksoft reproduction cart (AKA Standard SH4 cart), & enough SIMMS to play 3rd Strike. No metal case/cage, SCSI drive, SCSI cable. Blood Bros PCB CPS1 UN Squadron NAOMI CvS2...
  3. A

retro-access.com's PS2 SCART cable (CSync) build quality question

Seems the AV fitting's build quality is less than I expected. There is up and down looseness on it. Under the weight of the cable, seems the cable's pins are lifted up and away from the contacts. Introduces line doubling in my setup. Suspending the cable so the weight doesn't pull it down from...
  4. A

FS: Marvel vs Capcom 2 & Capcom I/O

Selling the following: Working Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (cartridge only) - $175 plus shipping SOLD Working Capcom I/O w/two mounting feet, and all cables (power, VGA/video, audio, and JVS/USB) - $150 plus shipping Payment by Paypal friends/family or buyer covers the 4% fee. Naomi 2 main board...
  5. A

Post Your Recent Purchases!

I have SCSI2SD for my other CPS3 PCB. But that one isn't on battery. Will pick another SCSI2SD soon from Inertial Computing. First thing's first, need to replace the battery to preserve this. I printed out the cart jig to keep it from wiggling around and possibly suiciding during the job.
  6. A

Post Your Recent Purchases!

Had to buy it along with a Dynamo Showcase cab, but got a sweet deal for a locally picked-up, still on battery, complete CPS3 3rd Strike kit (has move strip and marquee but not shown). Pretty happy because I didn't ever think I could get one of these in a cage at the price I paid locally. The...
  7. A

Damn Dirty Board: Battery Mod Help Needed

Dissected this board to pull the battery to per-emptively fight leakage. Once the parts come in, will do the non-rechargeable battery mod. However, by visual inspection, my 4-slot seems to be a variant that is NOT covered over at JammaNation-X for the battery mod. The board says it is a NEO-MVH...
  8. A

Feedback for coreykun667

We had a handshake agreement for a pick-up now/pay later agreement. I had a Sega ST-V cab. He didn't have the funds at the time. He told me a date he could pay. I let him pick-up the cab. Stroke of midnight on the date he set, he filled his end of the bargain. Good guy.
  9. A

WTB: Empty Candy Cab

Need something for TATE games. Already have an Astro City. Would like to pair it up with another one. Condition doesn't matter as I am handy. If it has a broken off/cracked CP from someone sitting on it, I'll take it as long as the pieces are still there. I have a spare 29" monitor I am hoping...
  10. A

Picked up an empty Big Red

Did I say that I really like the Big Red and that it is easily one of my fave cabs? Well, here is proof. Bought a 2nd one!
  11. A

Soldered together video wires to lengthen them enough so they can attach to the monitor. It was the last thing to do before putting in the monitor...... ........and she lives to entertain again! Happy! A few things left to do. Secure everything to the cab: PSU, wires, monitor, 4-slot...
  12. A

Bought like 12 Dynamo's that were being dumped by an operator about 1.5 years ago. Sadly, few of the monitors worked and all the cabs have been under a tarp in my backyard for most of the time since then. Had to sort through my stock of cabs to find a working K7000. When I finally found one, the...
  13. A

Alright, since I have no idea what this cab was used for before I got it, and knowing that the MVS pinout is different than standard JAMMA, had to be sure things are in order before plugging my 4-slot into the cab and turning on the power. It does look like an "operator's special job" was done...
  14. A

Sega ST-V Cab (Die Hard) no PCB $250 (in 95337)

Hoping this goes to a collector. I have too many project cabs and need to clear out some space. Monitor works. I pulled the PCB for the Darksoft Multi and will keep that. Otherwise, this cab is in good order other than the minor work that typically needs to be done (lights, cleaning, etc.)...
  15. A

Got my 4-slot in the mail today. Did some work moving around my project cabs before I start working on them. Thought I'd line up a couple of cousin cabs made by 3Koam. So Big Blue, meet Big Red.
  16. A

WTB: Big Red 4-Slot Marquee for Restoration Project

Just like the one above. Mine has chips and cracks in it. Would like to use it for a restoration project posted here. Thanks!
  17. A

Alright, home from work for the rest of the week. Took some snaps of the cab. The cab comes with a 2-slot. I'll quickly swap that out for a 4 slot to bring the cab back to its rightful function. Notice the marquee invertor cable is unattached? Here is a shot of the underside of the CP...
  18. A

Traded it for a painted over Williams cab that was once Moon Patrol, then converted to Wrestlefest. Pretty happy about my first Neo Geo cab! It's in pretty good condition, but missing the monitor, bezel, glass, and rear panels. I have all the rest. Don't know if the light panels work. Hoping...