Search results

1. 100proof

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

Drunken Master II - Hadn't seen this one in a long time and was pleasantly surprised to see it held up. Not super surprising, I guess... I remembered it being one of my favorite Jackie Chan films. Everything I like about his movies (the seemingly effortless speed and precision of the fight...
  2. 100proof

Went to The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare this evening. Think Guy Ritchie does The Dirty Dozen. More specifically, Guy Ritchie does Operation Postmaster, a famous black ops mission from WWII. It's big and broad and dumb but it's two hours of Nazis getting mowed down and it never takes itself...
  3. 100proof

What anime are you watching?

The wife and I went to the Spy Family movie the other night. It was more or less an arc/110 minute episode of the show: equal parts silly, cloyingly wholesome and over-the-top action-y. They squeeze in every character where they can, reuse a lot of footage from the show and it doesn't move the...
  4. 100proof

Have You Ever Thought Of...

Kernel level means permanent. Won't know all of the details until this guy's presentation but Sony paid him a lot of money for finding this exploit (they have a bounty program for hackers).
  5. 100proof

PS4's about to get a major kernel-level jailbreak (guy is presenting it at a hacker conference next month) so you won't need any of that shit shortly either.
  6. 100proof

I've held on to the hardware for the most part and sold off all my physical games. I did the emulation box thing for a while in the mid-to-late 2000s (and still tinker with new emulators and hacks as new things become available... retro achievements and the music mods for SNES games have been...
  7. 100proof

Unico Jamma Candy Cabs

Apparently July now.
  8. 100proof

NBA Season 23/24

C'mon man... don't make me defend LeBron. I know you don't believe that shit. Wade being better than LeBron is a bottom-of-the-barrel Skip Bayless take. Every single great player benefits from preferential whistles so that's not really an argument. See: Wade, Dwayne 2006.
  9. 100proof

NBA Season 23/24

Other than Wilt? The 2011 Finals is definitely "Exhibit A" for why LeBron isn't the GoaT but he's at least in the conversation thanks to accolades, longevity and an extended stretch of dominance during an all-time weak period for the Eastern Conference. Plus the dude is a Wilt-level athletic...
  10. 100proof

Abigail - A fun "people trapped in a space with a monster" horror-comedy from the Radio Silence boys (of Ready or Not and the last couple of Scream movies fame). It's uneven, spends a lot of time spinning its wheels and goes full fucking camp in the last 10-15 minutes but it's also gory as shit...
  11. 100proof

Chat message

Downs Lesnar is not to be fucked with.
  12. 100proof

Transformers One. Nah dude.

Give zero fucks about Transformers and never did (was more of a GI Joe/He-man kid) but to answer your question, the pre-trailer bullshit is for the zero attention span social media brats. Because of the length of ads on a lot of those platforms (and the prevalence of quickly scrolling past...
  13. 100proof

Awakenings - 1990 drama based on a true story about a neurologist who "awakens" a number of catatonic patients in a mental institution in the 60s. Robin Williams plays the lead character (in the first dramatic role I ever saw him in) and Bobby D plays the main patient who goes through all of the...
  14. 100proof

FS: CPS2, NAOMI, JAMMA...

AH Full is a legit good fighting game but yeah, there's a bunch of pervy shit in that game even for someone who's generally immune to Japan's brand of skeeve.
  15. 100proof

NBA Season 23/24

Klay's been washed ever since he came back from that last ACL injury. He'll have a great game once in a blue moon but he and Draymond are both shells of what they were during their mid-2010s dynasty run. He's a free agent but I don't think he's worth anything to another team... I can see the...
  16. 100proof

Unico Jamma Candy Cabs

Because paying $1500 for a Vewlix is a world of difference from paying $1500 for some bootleg knock-off from a company that has a proven track record of substandard products. People are willing to pay for quality. As for everything else, it's all hot air until people actually get it in their...
  17. 100proof

NBA Season 23/24

I can't even remember the last time six of the eight 1st round series could realistically go either way. Denver and Boston are safe barring injuries but pretty much every other series is going to be competitive. Fucking wild. A shame I won't be able to watch any of this shit on League Pass.
  18. 100proof

Joe Bob had The Toxic Avenger last night. Hadn't seen it in probably 30 years. Toxie (and Troma in general) is the good kind of exploitation trash. There's plenty of baaad acting and the sound mix is terrible but there's some legitimately good stunt work and practical gore stuff and the whole...
  19. 100proof

Dammit... PM incoming.
  20. 100proof

Are the CPS2 Bs on battery or otherwise?