Search results

1. mikew

WTB: NGCDZ Console w/ Universe BIOS

$400 USD console only , $550 full kit w/ 2 controllers + PSU.
  2. mikew

WTB: NGCDZ Console w/ Universe BIOS

Full kit or just console is fine. Also OK if laser does not work. Thanks! Mike
  3. mikew

FS: PC-2-NEO v3.0 USB Homebrew Developement Hardware [NGCD] - $100

** USB Board Only, requires Universe BIOS 3.2+ for NCGD BIOS from Razoola ** [SOLD] This system allows you to develop homebrew code on a PC and upload it to a Neogeo CD for testing. It will let you upload small MVS games directly into the NGCD's ram banks and execute without any need for a CD...
  4. mikew

USB PC-2-NEO For NGCD Developement Kit $220 Shipped

I have a full USB NGCD Kit built and tested ready for sale. This kit includes the pc2neo device, an NGCD Neobiosmasta, pre-programmed NGCD Universe Bios and extension cable.
  5. mikew

Neo Geo CD Universe Bios 3.2 Released!

Hi Miisalo, I'm not certain if it would fit in a CDZ but Brian Hargrove does make a NeoBiosMasta for this purpose. The CD reader was dead on mine so I didn't look too deeply into placement but mine looks like this:
  6. mikew

I finished today...

Topless Neogeo CDZ + Neobiosmasta + Universe Bios 3.2 CD + PC2NEO Install I recently picked up a CDZ with a broken laser and decided to make it a dedicated MVS development box. I stuck a piece of Lexan on some risers to protect the exposed motherboard.
  7. mikew

Congratulation Jasen Hicks - SRK Fight Stick of the Year & Tech Talk Company of the Year

Congratulation Jasen Hicks - SRK Fight Stick of the Year & Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen (www.jasenscustoms.com) won two categories this year! Good job man, keep it coming! http://shoryuken.com/2015/01/22/shoryuken-tech-talk-awards-2014-winners-announced/
  8. mikew

I finished today...

SNK LS-30 Rotary Joystick to USB Adapter (WIP) Yesterday I received two LS-30 Rotary Joysticks and started working on firmware to use them in Mame. It's not much to look at yet but here's my test rig: The firmware presents itself as a USB HID composite device which enumerates a keyboard for...
  9. mikew

SOLD: <USB PC-2-NEO For Sale $150 >

This weekend I'm having two USB PC-2-NEO's built. One is already spoken for however I'll have another available for sale. PC-2-NEO allows homebrew code and NGCD and small MVS games to be uploaded to a top-loader NGCD from a PC over USB. A Top Loader fitted with NTM's NeoBiosMasta for NGCD and...
  10. mikew

I finished today...

USB Spinner Module For Mame/PC use Here's a USB spinner I made using a high-res optical encoder and a Kinetis K20 ARM M4 controller. Arkanoid is finally playable in Mame :) The knob is very weighted so a good spin will keep it going nearly 20 seconds. The total cost of the project was about...
  11. mikew

PVM-2030 Power-on issue

I have a couple of PVM-2030's and the one with the best picture has issues powering on when the room temperature in my workshop drops in the winter. It probably gets as low as 55F at night and when it does the PVM won't power up. The red "standby" light will light up briefly, then it will turn...
  12. mikew

NBM + Universe BIOS + SVC Chaos PCB

When my board 1st booted, Universe Bios warned "HARDWARE TEST FAILED" and I had to select the "Force to AES option". After than I could switch to arcade mode from the Universe Bios menu. On the SVC Chaos PCB 44-pin BIOS pin 12 is CE and 14 is OE. Apart from that NBM installation is the same...
  13. mikew

New Sony PVM-2030 Wiring Adapters For Sale

I've designed two DB25 Interfaces for PVM-2030 users which simplify wiring to arcade PCB's or CGA output from supported cards in Mame. I had initially made these for myself but figured I'd also offer these to the group since I have more than I'll ever need. These are made to order and are $25...
  14. mikew

Something I've been working on.

I just finished testing my latest version of the PC2NEO hardware, now with wireless controller support! This version is much smaller than the original with all the electronics fitting in the same 5cmx5cm form factor I used for my wireless supergun joysticks. It's also a bit faster than the...
  15. mikew

New Neogeo Wireless Joystick Controller

Yesterday I received my second set of proto boards from the PCB fab. I've only tested one of the designs which is a low power version of what I plan to use for the dongle style transmitter. This design runs from standard 3.7v lithium ion batteries. It's 5cmx5cm which is about 1/2 the size of...
  16. mikew

I got the transmitter boards in and made up a couple units for testing. The transmitter board can also be used as a receiver board assuming you have it wired internally like in the case of directly wiring it to a Jamma connector. It also can be used as a wireless usb joystick receiver for use on...
  17. mikew

Here's a video of a wireless joystick adapter I've been working on. Special attention was paid to avoiding latency and there is no noticeable delay. Many thanks to Raz for writing a custom timing application to clock transmission speed as seen by the Neogeo joystick circuitry. It was found...
  18. mikew

Neogeo Emulator running on LeapFrog LeapsterGS

I've been working on a custom linux kernel for these inexpensive handhelds over the last few weeks. With that I've been testing emulation targets since it's a gaming handheld. It got featured on hack-a-day http://hackaday.com/2013/11/08/linux-on-a-leapster-for-classic-video-game-emulation/ so I...