Search results

1. RBjakeSpecial

KoF XIV…or how I became less of a curmudgeon

I agree with you about Jank... when people complain about "jank" I often wonder what they really are referring to. As a VF fan my brother bitches that the "game system is too janky" and I just feel like he doesn't really comprehend the complexities of it. The jank is the FEATURE. SS3 is rad.
  2. RBjakeSpecial

KoF XIV…or how I became less of a curmudgeon

I agree 10000% with Sam Sho 2019. I was expecting to hate it and it kept putting a smile on my face. High hopes for City of the Wolves.. really hope it feels more like Sam Sho 2019 and less like Kof 15. If only SNK can nail the online at launch, it's their next hurdle to gain more fans. I do...
  3. RBjakeSpecial

Chat message

I agree. .. I remember when DS flash card things were sold on the street for like $20-$30 and then it was everywhere
  4. RBjakeSpecial

Chat message

Yeah, I remember borrowing my daughter's Switch Lite for a flight, and couldn't play any of my games because it wasn't the "main system" and I was offline. I could only play the carts.. it was so dumb. I've had my ROG Ally for 8 months now and never going back to a protable console
  5. RBjakeSpecial

Chat message

Ahhh weird... hmmm ...
  6. RBjakeSpecial

Chat message

All it does is clone your carts and you can't play two same carts at the same time or you get banned
  7. RBjakeSpecial

Chat message

It just allows you to clone :( so lame
  8. RBjakeSpecial

Chat message

Oh it's not a flash cart
  9. RBjakeSpecial

Chat message

Holy wow Switch Flashcart
  10. RBjakeSpecial

Weekly Roundup

Fighting Games: Virtua Fighter 3tb: On the VF Discord there are people playing this almost every night. I've been playing the Dreamcast version through FightCade and the SuperModel emu version through newly developed SuperModel Dojo. It all works pretty well and there's a casual night on...
  11. RBjakeSpecial

Not a fan of the series, but I like Neo Bomberman

I just recently got into playing this with my kid (10 years old) and it's a blast. We love the animals you can ride - we call the fast bird Shitbird and constantly talk about how it will destroy you with its high speeds. Compared to the other bombermans, the neo version has quite a bit of depth...
  12. RBjakeSpecial

Chat message

Hot
  13. RBjakeSpecial

Weekly Roundup

PS5 Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (Yakuza 8): I beat the first Shenmue and decided to go for the new Like a Dragon game. It is awesome.. kind of repetitive at times and the combat is ehhh it's ok, but damn it has funny and interesting writing. The only thing I'm hating is how long the cut...
  14. RBjakeSpecial

Weekly Roundup

FightCade is the best. Retro Revival is running an online tourney series in FightCade that is pretty rad. Insane how good people are on there.
  15. RBjakeSpecial

Weekly Roundup

PS5: Tekken 8 I’m an hour into Tekken and it feels pretty good. The netcode is kind of holding up, not as good as Strive and SF6 so far. The graphics seem good and it feels very “solid” with some new mechanics and things. The new characters seem cool and overall the graphics are outstanding.
  16. RBjakeSpecial

top 10 neo geo games

By CCs being unblockable - you're referring to the crouching round house against someone standing and blocking. Which is funny because this is the reason Alpha 2 is played in tournaments (US version for extra characters over the Japanese arcade) over Alpha 2 Gold. The bug has become a feature...
  17. RBjakeSpecial

top 10 neo geo games

All about the Special games... Fatal Fury Special being my go to when I want to play Neo Geo. Capcom CPS2 not being more creative and taking chances is an interesting take, and I can see that perspective. The King of Fighters games seemed to always include a new feature - and probably under a...
  18. RBjakeSpecial

What are you listening to at the moment?

Spotify compiled best of Live Prince. It's fantastic.
  19. RBjakeSpecial

top 10 neo geo games

THE LIST in order: Fatal Fury Special Samuari Shodown 2 The King of Fighters '95 Real Bout Fatal Fury Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 Samuari Shodown 5 Special The King of Fighters '98 Smuari Shodown 4 Real Bout Fatal Fury Special Garou: Mark of the Wolves Recently I find when I play Capcom CPS2 games...
  20. RBjakeSpecial

Weekly Roundup

Which Yakuza Like a Dragon game do you recommend to start with? I'm on the verge of playing the Shenmue series again and I'd like to avoid it - too much waiting around and sleeping to trigger events. I have a PS5 & PC. FFXIII was a rough one. I keep wanting to revisit it, but have so many other...