Search results

1. A

MV-1 FZ not completing bootup

Got this one with color ram error that i fixed by replacing the ram, but it just sits on a black screen, as if pause dip is set. It goes _thru_ the green screen and does not sit on a calendar error or perhaps it does, but there's no message.. The unit appears to wait for something, which...
  2. A

Blast City MS2930.. HOT burns up, help :)

I hate HV. Still, looking at this for a friend, he needs his vertical cave shooting fix... :) This is a MS2930SE chassis as noted on the tube, with no OSD but everything is done with pots & dips to set it 15/24/31K etc. The horizontal output transistor burned up when he turned it on a day ago...
  3. A

Blue's Journey - no sound

Wondering what can cause this.. 1. Looking at the boards, it seems the M1 rom is wired directly to the cart edge with no logic in between, am i right? 2. Am i correct in thinking, a dead mask rom will cause the z80 not to do much.. So it would not play samples, or music or anything? 3. Any...
  4. A

Repopulating PROGBK1?

I have a very badly broken Pulstar PROGBK1 board which seems to have issues with the PCM chip that are beyond my skill to repair / replace / swap. (The mask roms on it are fine though, i desoldered & dumped them to verify.) I looked at a donor board to replace this one, i have a TWS96 but there...
  5. A

Final Fight B-Board - Use 4x eprom instead of broken mask rom?

So i'm looking at this Final Fight board for a friend of mine, and today i got my TOP3000 in the mail,and i dumped the mask roms to verify. I read the HN62404P (FF32M-8h) as MX27C4100 and this worked fine for all the other mask roms on the board, except the one a 8H.. So i guess it means the...
  6. A

4-Slot GFX error on all slots?

I've repaired a fair bit of stuff in my time, but this 4-slot has me a bit stumped today.. It has a single gfx error on all carts i tried, on all slots. This shows up as a vertical line in all graphics. ('Sprites' seem fine). Here's a pic on the Nazca logo for BTG: I checked both boards...
  7. A

Anybody with Irem M72 board expertise?

So, i've got this Dragon Breed M72 board, and heard that it can take other rom sets. I did a little digging around, and the security PAL's for the games / mobo seem universal for at least these games: Mainboard: M72-8L & M72-9L same for: Air Duel, Mr.Heli/Battle Chopper, Dragon Breed, Hammering...
  8. A

Maintainer(s) wanted @ jamma.nl bootleg :)

Hi Guys, from the first forensic posts i can make out that people would like to be able to submit stuff as well. Although there are already many pics in the gallery, more would always be better. I stopped adding pics of bootlegs since.. well, a long time. I've got job, girl and real life i got...
  9. A

j-gamesnow.com strikes (read:spams) again

Just got spammed again. I still remember someone saying they talked to ryan, and that the previous one was just a one-time mailing, 'the only one you will ever recieve'.. "The JGN Newsletter: By popular demand, JGN will be offering this newsletter to keep people up to date with site changes...
  10. A

Bootleg Gallery up and running again.

I've just put it back online, had some tech problems at the previous host :) http://www.jamma.nl/gallery/ I'm not adding any 'older type' pics soon, the server is in php safe-mode so i can't easily add pics. Besides, there's more than enough examples of classic piracy on my pages allready. I...
  11. A

Neo Driftout.. help?

Is it just me or is it impossible to beat the 7th or 6th stage "britain" ? What are the tricks to this game ? Any experts out there, please reply :)
  12. A

Tech Time: Using dreamcast PSU in MVS/Shadow sys :)

Ok, i looked at the size of these things, they are nice and small.. :) Then i looked at the pinouts: <a href="http://mc.pp.se/dc/psu.html" target="_blank">DC PSU Pinout</a> Then i took my dc apart and noticed it was indeed a nice small PSU. But alas there are no specs on it available...
  13. A

Zonko.nl bootleg pics gallery down..

- The box hosting the pics was my former employees' - They musta figured out there was lots of traffic :) - I don't seem to have a backup :( - I don't know if the gallery was deleted or not. :( What i'm doing is setting up the domain again with a good friend & an oc3. Then i'll point the...
  14. A

2-Slot joystick ports: Need connector

Ok, so i ran off to my local electronics store and got some db-15 connectors.. But.. the connector on mvs mainboard is much do 'deep', the one i bought will not fit all the way in, and is unusable! Where do i get the right connectors ? I remember when i had some pc joysticks that they had a...
  15. A

Neo Bios question

I've owned a 6-slot for a while, and a mini 1 slot. I took a closer look at the bios chips today to see if i could fit a uni-bios in there. Turns out my 6 slot has a snk-eprom SP1 bios in it, and my 1-slot a snk rom with SP2. I remember someone selling this SP2 bios on ebay claiming it allowed...
  16. A

Bootleg gallery updated!

Well, thanks to all you people posting pics in topics & those who mailed me, the gallery has been updated again with a few pages of bootleg pics! If i missed credit somewhere, let me know! I've added pics from Phoenix Down, Robert Wallace and 'ed' who mailed me. Have a look and tell me what you...
  17. A

Check this out! 4 player Kizuna hardware!

Yes sir! <a href="http://www.ngy1.1st.ne.jp/~momochi/untiku/tag.htm" target="_blank">Shots of pcb and title screen!</a> Anybody know what kind of mvs this is ?? I've never seen it before.. Also no idea of how 4-player kizuna would work.. anyone comment ? - Asure
  18. A

Any good Arcade gaming in London ?

I'll be going to London soon, and offcourse will be visiting some large arcades there.. i was wondering if anybody has any known locations of Neo's, like Sega World or Namco Station.. Are those two worth my time ? - Asure
  19. A

Neo Geo versus Jamma stereo problem solved.

Guess what. Me and a fellow rgvac'er solved the jamma to neogeo stereo problem. See below for visual instructions. Keep in mind: - I'm assuming that both speakers are around 8 ohms EACH (not together) - You MUST use the resistor or risk blowing jamma amps!! - Do not switch when cab is on. -...
  20. A

Big MVS artwork lot for sale. Mini Marquees, dips, flyers etc!

I've obtained a large amount of MVS artwork, including flyers, mini marquees, dip sheets, stickers etc. I'm looking to sell this as one lot. The lot includes much complete sets, as well as foreign (spanish) sets, since that's the way they were released here in europe. Also several loose...