Search results

1. Neo Alec

Sun Shine / Block Paradise on eBay

Quite the find. Any idea where the video came from?
  2. Neo Alec

Level 8 difficulty on NGCD?

That amount of flicker and slowdown was better than normal back then. If anything, that's an impressive showing from the hardware.
  3. Neo Alec

Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Your Last Resort video was mostly good to solidify and confirm things I already knew about the proto before putting it in my video. However, one thing was a lifesaver - the advice about keeping to the bottom of the screen during the final asteroid section. I was pulling my hair out until I saw that!
  4. Neo Alec

Free shipping economics

I don't think so. We usually had to order it while we were in the store, and then wait for it to be ready to pick up.
  5. Neo Alec

Nightmare Busters : Rebirth (consoles, PC)

Guess we've reached the point where even unreleased games get reboots.
  6. Neo Alec

Haha, where was your video a week ago? The longplay on Youtube looks tool-assisted, but doesn't use the move. This is why I'm generally loathe to talk about the gameplay. There's always something I missed that someone's going to correct. I'm proud of how well I learned to play this game. Well...
  7. Neo Alec

I feel like no one ever played it far enough to find the problem. I don't really blame them, with the audio glitches. How would you go about fixing the glitches? Sounds like quite the undertaking. Removing the glitched sounds altogether would probably be the easiest way. As for the reset glitch...
  8. Neo Alec

Yes, this reminded me of what you posted about Ragnagard. So how did Minnasan no Okagesamadesu! and Legend of Success Joe from Monolith and Wave come to pass?
  9. Neo Alec

Eightman is up. I've changed the name of the series to "Neo Geo Generation"
  10. Neo Alec

Free shipping economics

Some retailers like Target seem to be selling certain items online at a loss to compete with Amazon and bolster their online presence. You can pull up items in their app while you're in the store and get a different (often cheaper) price.
  11. Neo Alec

Level 8 difficulty on NGCD?

Perhaps a NGCD Unibios? Are you sure "Hard"=6? I would just set it to the highest available difficulty on the NGCD. In most games there's usually almost no noticeable difference, if any at all.
  12. Neo Alec

CPS2 Digital AV interface is adding support for MV1C boards

If I want this, I'll probably have to buy it pre-built some day. https://www.retrorgb.com/cpshdmi-ported-to-neo-geo-mv1c.html
  13. Neo Alec

MV-1C / NeoSD MVS / No ADPCM

That's not normal. Does the MV-1C work right with real game carts? (If you aren't sure if ADPCM is missing or not, please post a video.) If it works with real carts, the NeoSD could be faulty.
  14. Neo Alec

Visco License Obtained by Pixelheart Games

All these fake limited edition carts and packaging make me do a double take whenever I see them on social media. It's like that by design, and it's annoying. Stop supporting this limited edition shelf clutter.
  15. Neo Alec

Cyber-Lip MVS corrupt sound

How does that happen? Must have been stored improperly? Anyway, congratulations getting it fixed. Gadget UK does great work.
  16. Neo Alec

Last Blade AES English complete current market price

There's a "What's it worth?" thread stickied in the Market forum.
  17. Neo Alec

Laminate Overlay Questions

For side art on my big red, I just sanded and cleaned the original art.
  18. Neo Alec

Mr. MiSTer - my series on the MiSTer FPGA board

I use pads for some games (Switch Hori pad), sticks for others. If you have a decent fighting stick for Xbox360 or PS3 or newer, that should work well.
  19. Neo Alec

What 1 Game NEEDS a Port?

It also needs a port because the original board has serious slowdown issues.
  20. Neo Alec

Pana Twin Supergun - Video outputting via S-Video but not RGB

Did you try another monitor/TV? I knew this was a sync issue from the first post, but didn't see the thread until now. There is so much variability to sync from board to board, there's really no way to insure every board works with every screen. The voltage variability could be caps that are on...