Search results

1. NeoSeeD

Final Vendetta by Bitmap Bureau

Let's hope that they add some exclusives to it. AFAIK, for their other game, Xenocrisis, only the AES/MVS version has voice overs for the cutscenes. Even the Neo CD version is missing the voice overs.
  2. NeoSeeD

Neo Geo games you just don't rate

This is something that I've actually thought about myself. It would have been a fantastic touch. Other than that, you're right that the palette swaps wouldn't make a huge difference in gameplay but it would have been a nice touch IMO. After all, as the series went on, more of the same sprites...
  3. NeoSeeD

It's not quite on topic, but one of my pet peeves is with the Metal Slug series. The P.O.W. characters are all the same blonde sprite across the entire series. Would it have hurt the various teams to at least have different colored hair for the P.O.W.'s depending on what power up they would give...
  4. NeoSeeD

What Are Your "Essential" KOF Games?

KOF 95 is an amazing game and the last with the unique characteristics for the FF & AOF teams. The FF guys can crouch walk and the AOF guys had meterless super fireballs and those unique sound FX. Kyo's super has that crackling flame sound and a bit of reverb echo which makes it sound menacing...
  5. NeoSeeD

Vengeance Hunters (Beat 'em Up) for the Neo Geo

If I'm being honest here, I'm not feeling the lack of a basic grappling system for all characters. I get that you want the characters to feel different, but that shouldn't require the omission of basics. For example, Haggar has more grab options than Guy or Cody, but they still have completely...
  6. NeoSeeD

Captain Barrel, new Neo Geo game

I'll definitely pick up a CD copy. Thanks for giving it a shot. I hope that it's a successful endeavor for your team and spurs more development for it going forward.
  7. NeoSeeD

StarFox and Virtua Racing are some examples, but also look at something like Winter Heat that can pass for a early PS1 game. Gundam Wing looks closer to a CPS2 game than the actual Street Fighter Alpha 2 SNES port. It's more about creative maxing out of the hardware which I would have liked to...
  8. NeoSeeD

I was going to bring this up, thanks. Have you seen the Sengoku 3 fighter?Or the KOF 98 demo? Damn impressive despite still being in alpha. Windjammers looks great as well despite the color limits. These days, you can stream CD quality sound on both the Gen and SNES with the right hardware...
  9. NeoSeeD

Got any examples of really impressive tricks? I know that as time went on, the Neo got more detailed animation and sprite work especially as meg count increased. On the Genesis, look at games like Toy Story, The Adventures of Batman & Robin that pull off tricks that pass for a 32 bit console...
  10. NeoSeeD

One of the interesting things about the Neo is how little they did to truly optimize or expand their hardware as time went on other than to just keep increasing their meg sizes. For example, while the Neo is obviously more powerful than a Mega Drive/Genesis, the tricks devs used to make...
  11. NeoSeeD

King of Fighters 94: Team Edit hack

I got around to playing the hack today and it's fantastic! On a CRT, the 94 style icons fit in well with the rest of the game.
  12. NeoSeeD

mvs label replacement..good or bad idea?

For situations like this, it would be great if someone with the appropriate skillset/resources created a non-stick label overlay that sticks on top of a damaged label. Maybe a vinyl that "sticks" via static cling or some other easy to remove, no damage adhesive. Best of both worlds for collectors.
  13. NeoSeeD

ZPF (A New SEGA Mega Drive + Genesis Shmup)

I hear ya. Hopefully they all turn out great. In the meanwhile, I'll wait and see how things turn out.
  14. NeoSeeD

ZPF (A New SEGA Mega Drive + Genesis Shmup)

I was excited about this when the first teaser trailer dropped ages ago, but now... not so much. The colors are garish on the level with the trees and the way the multiple layers scroll just looks terrible. They should have taken a page from the Sonic games for parallax. The level with the...
  15. NeoSeeD

NEOSD PRO - The New Terranonion Neo Geo Product March 2018.

That was the complete total on my end. Shipping and tax would be different for individual buyers depending on location of course.
  16. NeoSeeD

For me, it came out to $660 with shipping included.
  17. NeoSeeD

I randomly stumbled across the stoneage gamer pre-order and took the plunge. At least it can be returned if it's defective. Also, Alex from Terraonion is on vacation for what seems like the summer, and I did not see anything regarding taking over support duties in the meanwhile.
  18. NeoSeeD

Vengeance Hunters (Beat 'em Up) for the Neo Geo

I'll give credit that at least we're seeing actual gameplay for this. I haven't seen as much as a screenshot for the Neo version of Final Vendetta.
  19. NeoSeeD

It was better when Todd was there to handle a lot of the level 1 support for them. Once he left, it became the total mess that it is these days.
  20. NeoSeeD

AFAIK, Alex only answers on Weekdays on that discord. He takes weekends off. Neodev hops on and off occasionally. At this point, Terraonion needs to hire at least one additional FPGA dev. Running a company with one part time dev on these expensive products is ridiculous. Having at least two...