Search results

1. SouthtownKid

New Star Wars stuff announced

the cope is strong in this one
  2. SouthtownKid

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

meesa racial stereotype!
  3. SouthtownKid

What anime are you watching?

Devilman Crybaby is one of the best modern reinterpretations of a classic story I've ever seen. And I'm a huuuuge fan of the original comic. Big fan of Nagai Go in general. Bought the hardcovers during one of my first trips to Japan back when I was a teenager. Aside from the unfortunate...
  4. SouthtownKid

...which is as relatable to kids as all that senate politics stuff in the Star Wars prequels. Way to cater to your audience.
  5. SouthtownKid

New Star Wars stuff announced

This thread still going on is textbook battered wife syndrome. How long are you guys going to put yourself through this? You don't have to call the cops, but stop making excuses for Lucasfilm and stop pretending it's going to get better. Just pack your shit and leave.
  6. SouthtownKid

Tonight’s debate

I loved their tepid clapter after some of the things he said. They were completely baffled as to whether they were now meant to like unions.
  7. SouthtownKid

Tonight’s debate

Unfortunately no. Tokyopop owns half the copyright, so I can't do that anywhere else. Just lettering these days. A lot of DC stuff.
  8. SouthtownKid

Tonight’s debate

Could be, since I don't watch live streams or live sports. Well, I used to watch F1 live way back in the cable days. But streams are too rambling for my taste and attention span. But I can watch/listen to a youtube extract from a stream with all the off topic tangents edited out, so it's just...
  9. SouthtownKid

The death train keeps on rolling: Bob Newhart dead at 94.

I will miss her crazy unaligned eyes. It's wild she could be such a big tv star for a short time with one eyeball noticably higher on her head. Hollywood usually rejects that kind of asymetry, at least in women.
  10. SouthtownKid

Tonight’s debate

I can't stand the young turks.
  11. SouthtownKid

The death train keeps on rolling: Bob Newhart dead at 94.

I vastly prefer 'the Bob Newhart show" over "Newhart", but yeah, he's one of the all time greats. I will make an imaginary one-sided telephone call in his honor.
  12. SouthtownKid

Tonight’s debate

I agree with some of Hasan's takes, disagree with some of his takes. Agree with him on Israel/Palestine, which is how I initially found him a few months back. He's a little too glib with his "call for Mao-style reeducation camps" talk for my taste, even if he's joking. Which is sometimes hard...
  13. SouthtownKid

Tonight’s debate

I wouldn't know who destiny is except I sometimes listen to Hasan Piker, who loves to dunk on him. And I saw part of his attempted debate on Palestine/Israel against Norman Finkelstein, who told destiny he was "Such a fantastic moron, it's terrifying."
  14. SouthtownKid

Tonight’s debate

So this was most likely a FU to the high shcool shooting team for rejecting him. Like a "Who's a school shooter now?" or something.
  15. SouthtownKid

Tonight’s debate

Well, we're probably going to get a 4 year chance for him to elaborate.
  16. SouthtownKid

We need a Fonz / 2 thumbs up emoji.
  17. SouthtownKid

Happy Birthday Takumaji

Plus her plastic-y face makes her look like the daughter of Max Headroom.
  18. SouthtownKid

Happy Birthday Takumaji

19. SouthtownKid

Thoughts on King Of Fighters Neowave?

Bleh. Garbagio.
  20. SouthtownKid

Your Neo Guilty Pleasure Games?

Fatal Fury 1 for me as well. I still have fun with it and I like the atmosphere. Good memories of playing it at the 7-11. I don't really think of AoF 1 as a guilty pleasure because I think it's legit a solid enough game.