Search results

1. astar617

Help Kickstart this documentary on Image Comics! Only $600 more needed, 30hrs left

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sequart/comics-in-focus-the-image-revolution $15 gets you a prerelease digital download. I'm in as an associate producer. If you enjoyed WildCATs, Spawn, Youngblood, and the rest, help them get over the hump!! Every little bit helps, even a buck adds up.
  2. astar617

Xbox 360 fan noise

So in order to try out some creamy system link goodness, I bought a 2nd beater Xbox 360 off Craigslist for cheap. However, now that this 2nd box is above ground instead of in the basement next to my furnace with speakers blaring as I've always played, I'm totally annoyed by how loud the fan...
  3. astar617

Metal Slug 4 Repro Label

I seem to remember there being a picture-perfect MS4 repro label out there, with "02T00000" as the serial... however, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anyone know where a source image can be found? Or am I mistaken? If push comes to shove, I'll use the one at JNX... but it isn't super precise...
  4. astar617

(Mis-)Alignment of Metal Slug 4 MVS PCBs

So it seems that both of the legit MS4 carts I've come across seem to have trouble perfectly aligning, so that the top (prog?) board is seated properly with the case bottom's plastic standoffs through the PCB holes the way the bottom one does. In order for both edge connectors to protrude...
  5. astar617

Mmmm... shelves...

When it comes to shockbox shelving, the shallow version of the IKEA BESTA is the sh!t. :D It holds 12 per shelf, and can fit a total of six shelf pieces top to bottom, so 72 shocks leaving about 4" to spare on the bottom.Two of them side-by-side (or flanking a cab?) will house just about an...
  6. astar617

This is the "Six Million Dollar Man" of Game Gears.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." :eek:
  7. astar617

Double Dragon MVS inserts...

I went to Southtown to grab some insert PDFs now that my order of shockboxes has arrived. One of the carts on the list is Double Dragon. I was all ready to use the Spectre version which I think looks the best... except it says "460 MEGS". :spock: Anyone ever catch that, or know why? Is Spectre...
  8. astar617

FS: Miscellaneous Crap (TM)! Dell Optiplex GX270 SFF PC with Win7 & Office

Will be adding lots more useful crap here as I go. For now... I have a handful of these to part with (no keyboard/mouse/monitor)... approximate configs are: - 2.6GHz/800MHz FSB Pentium 4 (Prescott) w/Hyperthreading - 1gb DDR RAM (2gb max) - 80gb hard drive - CD-ROM drive - Onboard VGA...
  9. astar617

WTB: MVS stuff (carts, imperfect shockboxes, minis, etc)

Shocks: I have barely touched my MVS in about six months due to other stuff that's had my attention. Now, upon my return, my loose carts are bothering me. Anyone have some banged up shock boxes they would part with for cheap? I'm completely not hung up on cosmetic shit like...
  10. astar617

Anyone got Carfax access?

About to buy a truck and have a VIN I need checked... Thx in advance!
  11. astar617

Wanted: Help completing a deal in Westminster, CA

If you're gonna be close to the Westminster area in the near future and don't mind helping me out for cross-trade feedback, please let me know. I have a deal with someone (not here, long story) who cashed my check and was supposed to ship some MVS motherboards to me but has been making excuses...
  12. astar617

Pigs are soaring, Hell is about 31F, and the Cubs just won the World Series.

Yep, they're soliciting pre-orders for Duke Nukem Forever. :envy::eek::smirk: I'm getting my lawnchair, beer, and popcorn ready.
  13. astar617

Laser Corrective Eye Surgery (LASIK etc)

Do you need to already have a glasses prescription in order to receive laser eye surgery? I know I need glasses but never got any, and frankly can't be bothered at this point if I have the $ in hand for LASIK. Any first hand accounts? Also interested in your costs, and general experiences...
  14. astar617

What would a Turbo Grafx 16 and Turbo Stick run these days?

If I wanted to get one, what's a reasonable amount to expect to pay? Gamer condition, working w/all cables but likely unboxed? Thx
  15. astar617

Anyone here play Final Fantasy Legend (aka SaGa) series for GB?

...and love it as much as I did? With two older brothers (one who bought the NES with his own money and thus was immune to parental influence for sharing), I rarely got to play the RPGs I enjoyed, and had gameplay rights held over my head in tit-for-tat fashion at all times. The Game Boy was...
  16. astar617

Thorough MVS board cleaning / testing procedures

Hi, I have a newly acquired lot on the way, and I'm interested in getting everyone's recommendations on an exhaustive list of must-perform steps for bench cleaning and testing newly acquired MVS motherboards. This may not only be functionality-level (does every slot work, are both audio...
  17. astar617

Total number of MVS games

Is the Wikipedia list of MVS games universally accepted as definitive, or is anything missing? If so, not sure where I got 148 from in my sig... :)
  18. astar617

IKEA Shelving for Shockboxes?

Anyone here have any recommendations for IKEA shelving which fits BigBear shockboxes particularly well? I have some gift cards which I can't see using on anything else there. I know their EXPEDIT shelves work perfect for my vinyl album collection, so I figure there might be equal luck on this...
  19. astar617

WTB: MVS stuff (carts, imperfect shockboxes, minis, etc)

Shocks: I have barely touched my MVS in about a year due to other stuff that's had my attention (marriage included). Now, upon my return, my loose carts are bothering me. Anyone have some banged up shock boxes they would part with for cheap? I'm completely not hung up on cosmetic shit like...
  20. astar617

MVS Carts / Mini Marquees

Here's what I have right now... MUCH more to come... MVS Cartridges Metal Slug 2 - $45 shipped Bare cart scuffed from ordinary use, with scratched serials on an original hologram label. Neo Turf Masters - $55 shipped Bare cart scuffed from ordinary use, with scratched serials and an...