Search results

1. Average Joe

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

I watched about half of Rebel Moon and I'm not strong enough to see it to the end. I'd rather watch Last Jedi or Rise of Skywalker again than finish this.
  2. Average Joe

Panic Playdate

I've actually always found this thing to be kind of interesting even if extremely gimmicky, dumb, and the potential plot of a Portlandia episode. No way in hell I'd ever pay the price for one, but I'd like to play around with one at some point.
  3. Average Joe

The Holdovers The emotional and comedic version The Shining. It bottles up every uncomfortable emotion about family, loneliness, and relationships during the holidays and then pours you a glass from that bottle with proper swirling for aeration. There's a lot of levity tossed in to make it not...
  4. Average Joe

Souls-likes

Godrick The Grafted downed on the first shot. I remember fighting this dude for HOURS one my first run. Crazy how slow and predictable his moves are compared to the shit you deal with later on--he's basically moving in slow-mo. His second cutscene is still probably one of my favorite moments...
  5. Average Joe

Voice acting in videogames is rubbish

"Hello Steven, this is Clem Fandango can you hear me?"
  6. Average Joe

I really love Summer Wheatley's boyfriend Don. In any other movie he'd likely be the antagonistic bully-type, but in this he's just a guy that loves his girlfriend and is befuddled by the world that phyiscally manifests itself with extreme facial movements.
  7. Average Joe

Napolean Dynamite I watch this movie every few years or so and always kind of forget just how much I like it. Just the perfect collection of oddball goons maybe ever put on screen and it is always a treat watching them interact with each other and the world. I think the nebulous void of time...
  8. Average Joe

Souls-likes

Never even touched a Dagger or Bow in this game, but I did just grab the Uchigatana and that thing is nice so far.
  9. Average Joe

Lynch's initial cut was nearly three hours long, so as far as any of us know, they very well might have had direct influence on those choices since they imposed a strict two hour run time.
  10. Average Joe

Souls-likes

Started a Faith build right after I posted that lol My other playthroughs I didn't read any guides or anything, but I am for this one.
  11. Average Joe

Souls-likes

I have a pure Strength Hammer build as my main with 260 hours into it and then a pure Sorcery build that has over 100. Kind of think I'd like to take something fresh into the DLC with a build I haven't done yet--maybe Faith this time since I haven't ever touched that in any Souls game before.
  12. Average Joe

Souls-likes

Might have to start another build/playthrough.
  13. Average Joe

Souls-likes

Well, that was awesome.
  14. Average Joe

Thanksgiving I hate Eli Roth so I'm not even sure why I watched this... It has a lot of really positive reviews on Letterboxd, but I get the vibe that a lot of those people don't watch a lot of Slashers because this was kind of mid. Visually it lacks any real grit or style and looks too...
  15. Average Joe

I know there is one called "Special Bulletin" which is about nuclear terrorism. It's shot like a Live News show and actually freaked a lot of people out when it aired since many thought it was real.
  16. Average Joe

I wish I could unsee that movie. I went through a phase of watching a lot of the most notoriously disturbing films, but nothing has ever stuck in my head in a troubling way like Threads.
  17. Average Joe

I've been building a collection of bad movies for a while and I own all of Breen's films. It's some kind of perverse addiction that I'm neither proud nor ashamed of, but I'm in too deep to stop and I've dragged my wife into it.
  18. Average Joe

Dream Scenario A super interesting and unique premise that takes you down some fun and scary turns, but ultimately leads to a dead end. I really liked the majority of this movie as it had some legit funny and scary moments, but the last 20 minutes or so really soured me. Nic was great as...
  19. Average Joe

NGPC Cardfighters Clash SNK

Everything but Cardfighters is sold.
  20. Average Joe

Cade: The Tortured Crossing jesus christ my brain the beginning and end are typical Breen nonsense but cranked to 11 and I feel comfortable saying none of it makes sense and I do not have it in me to watch it over again whilst taking notes so my cursory summation will suffice no matter how...