Search results

1. skate323k137

Chat message

Xavier McBenis
  2. skate323k137

How good are you at magical drop 3 ?

Sometimes. Particularly if I can get to a gem that clears its whole color within a couple moves. Among other things It helps get ahead in the quota, in case that decides the match.
  3. skate323k137

How good are you at magical drop 3 ?

My wife and I both play at a vicious level. Visitors regularly tell us we should stream our battles of MD3 lol. As the sfx notes get higher in pitch for larger combos, the house phrase is to "make it sing like Mariah Carey" 🤣
  4. skate323k137

Happy Birthday, NeoDogg!

Happy birthday BobDogg!!
  5. skate323k137

CRT Fetish Thread

Yeah even the commodore monitor I have is rough in 80 column mode. Probably has to do with the aperture grille that apple used, since trinitron has their signature one. If you are curious to see 40/80 column text on the VGA let me know, I can take a picture for you. Also I don't know if/how...
  6. skate323k137

CRT Fetish Thread

You'd be surprised man. It's actually fucking glorious and soft scanlines work too. Also with all respect the II(e) was also made with a loose regard for NTSC spec so a tube is all but needed for the composite signal to not suck most of the time. The signal is rough for modern displays and even...
  7. skate323k137

CRT Fetish Thread

The apple II vga cards are easy and nice too, though your rig is solid of course
  8. skate323k137

CPS2 A-Board pin replacements...

Just a thought and not a guarantee, but don't the different region A boards have different pins blocked? In short might there be 2 unused pins you can relocate?
  9. skate323k137

CRT Fetish Thread

That's still on my "grab one for my 8 bit computer collection" list, I must admit.
  10. skate323k137

CRT Fetish Thread

I have a couple still that size, mainly for computers like you said, and for me a lot of it is the ability to sit atop an Apple II. Also monochrome crts are quite nice for Apple 1 (I built this replica) since it's video signal is pretty loose spec wise heh.
  11. skate323k137

CRT Fetish Thread

I don't know how people justify it anymore because I left Facebook ages ago
  12. skate323k137

CRT Fetish Thread

You're welcome; good to cross paths again. Cheers.
  13. skate323k137

CRT Fetish Thread

Right on. It can also mean the setting isn't active in your current mode i.e. input or scan mode (like the PAL options are gray while NTSC video is input), but the 20M4U is definitely in the upper tier of complicated monitors. #hopethishelps
  14. skate323k137

CRT Fetish Thread

If you are not set to USER (i.e. you are on D65) you can't touch them IIRC
  15. skate323k137

CRT Fetish Thread

Sorry, sometimes cutoff is called BIAS, so turn down green BIAS, here's the factory settings for reference https://archive.org/details/SonyPVM20M220M4ServiceManual/page/n15/mode/2up?view=theater&q=bias
  16. skate323k137

CRT Fetish Thread

It's what I would do if my color bars looked like that, and those settings are easily revertable if you jot them down. Also IIRC you have to press degaus twice or something pretty deliberate to save the changes, otherwise they don't save after power off anyway. I am not positive on chroma auto...
  17. skate323k137

CRT Fetish Thread

If one color is constantly more bright than the others, lowering it's cutoff should fix the issue.
  18. skate323k137

CRT Fetish Thread

See if you can locate a green cutoff pot. Edit: 20M4U it should be in the service menu.
  19. skate323k137

CRT Fetish Thread

Sure, here's an overly perfect example but what you are shooting for: If a color is too dim it will fade off the left side before the others, among other visual indicators for other imbalance. You can achieve pretty good balance this way. On the flip if it's too bright it will go solid before...
  20. skate323k137

CRT Fetish Thread

As you noted D93 is a bit blue and D65 is yellowed (or orangey, however you perceive it). A lot of people prefer overly blue / bright. The point of the 240P test suite (or any color bar pattern really) is to balance your CRTs brightness, drive, gain, cutoff, etc. Presuming the colsole is...