Search results

1. terry.330

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

Warlock- A VHS rental and cable staple of the 90s that hasn't exactly stood the test of time. Julian Sands and Richard E. Grant are both great (Scottish accent aside) but the main actress is atrocious. Even worse than her acting and dialogue is her wardrobe, that truly awful transition period...
  2. terry.330

Weekly Roundup

I finally made a bit of progress last night which admittedly felt pretty good but then immediately got my shit pushed in by the next group of enemies. I keep thinking about the game when I'm not playing it though, which is a good sign. I haven't even gotten far enough that I can upgrade any of...
  3. terry.330

Weekly Roundup

Bloodborne- I want to like this game so much. I love the aesthetics, weapons, enemy designs etc. but I fucking suck. I know it's my own fault but the learning curve is just not clicking for me. I mean 5 hours in and haven't actually enjoyed myself at all, I'm willing to put up with a lot but...
  4. terry.330

Watches

She's 75, you've been hanging out with @M haven't you?
  5. terry.330

Watches

Very pruney, did you just come from a bathhouse or perhaps water aerobics?
  6. terry.330

Next of Kin- I've heard this called "Australia's The Shining" more than once and I don't agree with that at all. It's more giallo mixed with straight up Ozploitation. A young woman inherits her mothers estate which it turns out is a very creepy retirement home in the middle of nowhere and shit...
  7. terry.330

How do you pronounce kernow

face palm
  8. terry.330

I mean just look at that fucking thing. I knew about the Beasties video, I just never knew exactly where all the footage came from. I've never read any of the comics but am familiar with a lot of the cover art. The whole movie is a fever dream of 60s lunacy and it is magnificent.
  9. terry.330

Danger: Diabolik- Italian heist/spy thriller from 1968 directed by Mario Bava. It's based on a comic series but this is definitely more of a straight up Bond ripoff. Very 60s and very Italian. Worth watching for the 60s aesthetic, eye candy and general 60s insanity. It's cheap, trashy and a lot...
  10. terry.330

His better known films are worth a watch, they are important pieces of the time but I find them all absolutely dreadful. All of the humor and plot pieces come from Allen's particular style of constant neurotic waffling, especially when it comes to relationships and love. Which for me (and a lot...
  11. terry.330

Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

Bullshit. It happened in the 90s all the time. Guys that owned flea market booths and comic/specialty shops would routinely buy out all the stock of certain items so they could raise the price and essentially corner the market in that area.
  12. terry.330

Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

I remember reading the one that made out better on the initial deal blew through a bunch of his money. So it is possible that their net worth is fairly equal at this point.
  13. terry.330

BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

Okay going to have to tap out on Dark. Inter dimensional-time traveling-incest baby is my limit.
  14. terry.330

New Hellraiser coming from Hulu and it looks surprisingly good, it looks like they are incorporating a lot of the mythology from the sequels. I have zero problem with a female Pinhead. Not gonna get my hopes up too high though.
  15. terry.330

Ghost House- I thought this was going to be a shitty Italian Poltergeist knockoff but it turned out to be more of generic haunted house story. It about a group of 20 something idiots that get trapped in an old house haunted by an ugly little girl and her stupid clown doll. Unfortunately it's...
  16. terry.330

Street Fighter VI

Seriously. Looks like a Warcraft reject.
  17. terry.330

Oh it gets far more stupid then that. I'm halfway through season 2 and there are 5 different main time lines at this point, it's a mess. Like I said I think it's closer to Lost than anything else, anytime a question gets answered it just raises 10 more. Though this doesn't feel like they're just...
  18. terry.330

Dark- A friend recommended this to me as "A German Twin Peaks", which it is not. It's more like Lost meets Looper with a side of Stranger Things. It's essentially a murder mystery that quickly evolves into a very messy time travel/supernatural/occult mish-mash. It starts off pretty solid but...
  19. terry.330

No and I have no intention to. Samurai Cop 2 is one of those things that just shouldn't have been made. It's a blatant cash grab to capitalize on the sudden cult popularity of the first. Tommy Wiseau being in it is only further proof of that. The magic of the first movie can never be recreated...
  20. terry.330

Samurai Cop- I've been saving this one for quite awhile and it did not disappoint. A masterpiece of shit from the man who made Killing American Style and Hollywood Cop. Truly one of the best bad movies ever made, just a shining example of incompetence and laziness. The dialogue, sound, editing...