Search results

1. ShootTheCore

SOTM October 2022 Voting

Modern MAME supports fast USB polling to reduce control input lag and variable refresh rate monitors to reduce display lag, so the overall lag approaches what you'd see on original hardware. MiSTer is still better on lag though from what I've seen.
  2. ShootTheCore

How do you pronounce Toaplan

Skip to the 35 second mark to hear the official pronunciation from the Dogyuun attract screen.
  3. ShootTheCore

SOTM October 2022 Voting

It runs the latest MAME and MAME's compatibility for the Toaplan hardware is very good.
  4. ShootTheCore

Retro-computing Thread

I had WHDLoad issues on a few larger games with my first A1200 accelerator - an ACA 1221EC with 16 megs of memory. Later, I upgraded to an ACA 1233N with 128 megs of memory and everything ran smooth as silk. The extra memory really makes a difference with games that originally used a lot of...
  5. ShootTheCore

Retro-computing Thread

I hate floppies - slow, noisy, unreliable, even moldy in some cases. A Gotek is so much less hassle, and going with an IDE Compact Flash with WHDLOAD is even better still. Retro computing is cool, but I'm all about reducing the hassle factor.
  6. ShootTheCore

Retro-computing Thread

You could always install a Gotek and ditch unreliable floppies altogether. https://amigastore.eu/676-internal-usb-floppy-emulator-gotek-for-amiga-500-600-and-1200.html#/
  7. ShootTheCore

April SOTM Vote

Einhander sounds good to me.
  8. ShootTheCore

MISTer FPGA?

Oh believe me - I tried all the tricks there for a while. I had a highly tuned Groovymame setup at one point based around a Core i5, AMD card with custom BIOS and a JPAC running to an 15kHz arcade monitor (there's an old thread on here somewhere that I wrote up when I was putting it together)...
  9. ShootTheCore

K4700 High B+

Just to make this easier for anyone else that comes in to help, here's the documentation I was able to find on that chassis: Schematics http://slot-tech.com/amusements/monitor_schematic_diagrams/wg_k4600.jpg Troubleshooting Flowchart...
  10. ShootTheCore

MISTer FPGA?

I agree - the MiSTer definitely lives up to the hype. Well, with the well-maintained cores anyway. I never got much into software emulation because it always "felt off" but with most MiSTer cores I doubt I'd ever be able to tell the difference from original hardware in a blind side-by-side...
  11. ShootTheCore

PS3/PSP/Vita stores shutting down

I need to do some research and figure out what "must have" digital only titles I should grab before they're gone.
  12. ShootTheCore

SOTM March 2021: Gekirindan

I still have a few days to fire this game up and post a score...
  13. ShootTheCore

What was your first car?

1982 Dodge Colt similar to this one- basically a rebadged Mitsubishi Mirage. It was a pretty fun car actually - it was a 4-speed stick shift with an extra "Economy - Power" stick on the side. Crank the AM, put her in Power, pop the clutch and let the good times roll! I got over 350,000 miles...
  14. ShootTheCore

Retro-computing Thread

I have an MSX Turbo-R and three Sharp X68000s. I used to have a decked out Amiga A1200 with a 68030 expansion but traded it off for a Cave arcade board a few months ago.
  15. ShootTheCore

SOTM January 2021 - Ghost Pilots and Fixeight

Well, it doesn’t move me up a rank, but I nudged my score up a bit. ShootTheCore - 502,240 - 36 - Cull-horn - PCB - SEA
  16. ShootTheCore

SOTM January 2021 - Ghost Pilots and Fixeight

Here’s my initial scores for both games. Ghost Pilots ShootTheCore - 505300 - 3 - AES - Y FixEight ShootTheCore - 400590 - Cull Horn - 30 - PCB
  17. ShootTheCore

SOTM: Mushihimesama Futari and Armed Police Batrider

Still can’t quite break 3 million. Getting close though! ShootTheCore - 2,907,160 - 5 - Criminal Team - PCB
  18. ShootTheCore

ShootTheCore - 2,673,580 - 5 - Normal - Psychic Team - PCB
  19. ShootTheCore

Not up to my PB yet, but getting there... Black Label Normal ShootTheCore - 138,659,012 - Reco - Stage 5 - PCB