Search results

1. Gotenks326

GP2X Wiz: Less than a month away?

Haha, I guess officially I believe now. People started getting tracking numbers and shipping confirmations today, and I got mine this morning :buttrock:
  2. Gotenks326

I'd hate to jinx it, but it actually does seem like assembly will be starting soon (all the final parts to make ~1000 units have arrived in UK; Craig likes the quality of the case and has assembled a unit without trouble; and MWeston's plane should land in the UK in a few hours and he can then...
  3. Gotenks326

The case was finalized and OpenPandora ordered for its mass production on Monday. The final PCBs that will be inside customer's units are sitting (already populated) in a factory in Texas where they will be assembled (by works and even the electrical engineer that designed the Pandora PCB); all...
  4. Gotenks326

Obscure question, but...

A long while back I recall seeing a picture of something (I'm guessing either a fat person or a very large animal) and somebody's comment was something along the lines of "Uncle Phil!?" (From Fresh Prince, of course). I don't know why, but thinking about that comment still cracks me up to this...
  5. Gotenks326

Pandora: The Open Source handheld

The first completed Pandora prototype (FDM) has been made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MaIQYHd23A A few things to keep in mind before viewing the video: The more polished CNC case will be ordered on Monday.
  6. Gotenks326

Bare Knuckle 3 > Streets of Rage 2 // edit: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SoR1

I really don't see why people make SoR3 to be such a shit game. It is personally my favorite in the series. I think the added difficulty of SoR3 compared to Bare Knuckle 3 is nice and keeps things challenging. Yes, the colors of the outfits of the main characters have been altered (oh noes!!!)...
  7. Gotenks326

Yeah, it's good stuff. Just the other day Skeezix reported that he got Warcraft II running well at 800mhz via DosBox (or, more specifically, what he calls a "stock unoptimized badly configured dosbox"). http://www.codejedi.com/cgi-bin/blog.cgi/entertainment/gaming/pandora/20081221wc2dosbox.blog
  8. Gotenks326

Cool Little MP3 Using Stereo Effects - The Virtual Haircut.

They're called binaural recordings. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f9/legally-download-able-binaural-recordings-links-223165/ http://www.head-fi.org/forums/blogs/lff/209-using-your-head.html
  9. Gotenks326

Netbook is larger. The Pandora is supposed to be a little smaller than the fat DS. Portability is the main factor, especially since you have the gaming controls right on the machine (versus lugging the larger netbook and having to put it on your lap or table and connect a USB game-pad for controls).
  10. Gotenks326

It was just confirmed earlier today that the RAM has been upgraded to 256mb and that the NAND Flash Memory is now 512mb :buttrock:
  11. Gotenks326

Ketsui for the DS Video

I just got this game yesterday and I'm addicted. I actually didn't know it was a boss rush either (the first footage I saw of it was the Doom battle and I forgot all about it until recently when I found out that it was already released). I'm not so great at shooters, so the easier difficulty...
  12. Gotenks326

Ah, that was an interview with Michael Mrozek (EvilDragon), the German distributor. He said that some people in the community think it would be possible with a dynarec, but he personally doesn't think it's possible. The Pandoras that will be in the first batch will have MK2 PCBs. The MK0 and...
  13. Gotenks326

Just got a GP2X: Late to the party.

GP2X has a much better screen for emulation. PSP's screen may look great for PSP games, but the GP2X screen looks much better when emulating old systems since there seems to be no blur or ghosting at all (you can say that you don't notice any blur/ghosting on the PSP, but the GP2X screen will...
  14. Gotenks326

Just got a GP2X: Late to the party.

Yup, it was a pretty nice gem, though some people couldn't get over the digital joystick/lack of D-Pad. The GP2X was discontinued a couple months ago, unfortunately, but I can see software continuing being developed for quite a while. Have you looked at its "successor," the Wiz? Or maybe the...
  15. Gotenks326

Right now, about a month and a half before the handheld will even be released, it already has some nice apps/games running (Ubuntu, Firefox3, FBA, Quake 2, PSX, SNES, Amiga, DosBox, Megadrive & Mega-CD, MAME...). You sure the developers of themselves said that it could emulate the Dreamcast "in...
  16. Gotenks326

Got my pre-order in as well. They've actually upped the 3000 limit to however many orders they get by Sunday (production will begin on Monday). I believe it'll launch with full speed Genesis/Megadrive (and Sega CD), SNES, Amiga, MAME, and PSX emulators, along with DosBox.
  17. Gotenks326

Obama-McCain '08: ENDGAME (President Obama edition)

Also, what's the epic music that was playing during the celebration after Obama's speech?
  18. Gotenks326

Obama-McCain '08: ENDGAME (President Obama edition)

Does anyone know what song was playing when Obama walked on stage?
  19. Gotenks326

NG.com Beer Thread/Beer Discussion

Tried Guinness Extra Stout the other day, but it was a bit sharper than I expected. I think I'll stick with Draught. Think of picking up something new tomorrow. Has anyone tried Pyramid Hefe Weizen? Thinking of trying that or Red Stripe.