Search results

1. mhkohne

Bootleg cart sound issues

I'll try cleaning the flux, and I'll keep my eyes open for another copy - this one didn't cost me much, and I don't play it that often. Thanks!
  2. mhkohne

Pics of the cart boards attached. Noise demo at Basically, when you're choosing the game mode, you get noise over top of the sound (I THINK there's sound there under the noise at least). Thank you!
  3. mhkohne

I've got a Neo Bomberman cart that I got cheap. The seller was up front about it being a boot, and having sound issues. Does anyone know if there's any way to actually fix the sound on these? Or at least have an idea of what is going on, electrically?
  4. mhkohne

Neo Geo Shockbox inserts - you pay shipping

These are spoken for - thanks!
  5. mhkohne

Personalize main index page?

Is there some way I can NOT see things like the 'Latest Posts' on the main index page? That's not helping me at all. (NOTE: Yes, I'm aware I could greasemonkey/tampermonkey it, but that always takes me forever to get working the way I want it).
  6. mhkohne

Neo Geo Shockbox inserts - you pay shipping

I bought some shockboxes second hand and have the following inserts left over. They are glossy finish and on heavy stock, so I think they are Southtown prints. They aren't perfect, so you can have them for the price of shipping (the envelope will be about 15 1/2 x 9 1/2 inches, and should weigh...
  7. mhkohne

Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble difficulty?

Does the difficulty setting on the MVS for Bust-A-Move actually do anything? I was poking at it earlier today, and at least in the first few levels it doesn't seem to have any effect?
  8. mhkohne

HardMVS

Wayback link For those who need to access hardmvs.com's content until it's back up: The internet archive does appear to have crawled hardmvs.com late last year, so you can tell get to most everything, it's just a little slow. Wayback link
  9. mhkohne

2 Slot goldie EL Transformer whine

Oh, and a side note: I can NOT recommend EL-Works for the panels. They are very nice people, but after I had to backorder the panels (I tried to originally order just before burning man!) their systems decided to completely bugger up my shipping. At one point their computer system had decided...
  10. mhkohne

2 Slot goldie EL Transformer whine

OK, I just replaced the EL panels in my 2 slot (I actually got the panels like a year ago, just got around to putting them on.). They work great, but the transformer whines something fierce. I've only had the cab about 4 years, and I've had the transformer unplugged all that time (no sense...
  11. mhkohne

The Complete Death Of Video Game Publications

I'm pretty sure they are still around - I just got the latest issue in the mail a week or two back if I'm not mistaken. They are a UK publication, and they did go through a "Death and revival" a few years back. Their US distribution might be crap, but unless something has happened in the last...
  12. mhkohne

NeoSaveMasta v2: RED V2 - SOLD OUT!

Holey moley! I almost missed them! Thanks!
  13. mhkohne

The NEW SimCity on PC

Darned right. EA won't stop this crap till it hits them in the wallet. If you bought a copy and can't play, you should be screaming for your money back. That will get their attention. Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2
  14. mhkohne

The NEW SimCity on PC

I just checked and it appears to be available on amazon again. I like SimCity, but damn if I'm going to pay good money for always-on DRM. Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
  15. mhkohne

NeoSaveMasta v2: RED V2 - SOLD OUT!

I'm in for one.
  16. mhkohne

Neo Geo Files

Nicely done sir! I always appreciate people who are willing to give something to the community.
  17. mhkohne

Is the NEO capable of running other systems? [NES, SNES GEN, PCE]

Some folks like to minimize the number of consoles/whatever that they have, while maximizing the number of games they can play. That said, the Neo is the WRONG console to use to emulate other consoles. It's probably feasible to emulate the oldes consoles (NES, Atari 2600?), but remember that...
  18. mhkohne

A question about discharging a tv

I see your point. My desire for a neutral cut-off is born of long experience with knuckleheads wiring outlets backwards (half the outlets in my house were wired backwards when I moved in). So I'm just over-paranoid there.
  19. mhkohne

A question about discharging a tv

Think of the tube of a monitor/tv as a capacitor. To discharge the capacitor, you don't need a path to earth ground, you need a path to the OTHER LEG of the capacitor. Now in the case of a monitor, the 'other leg' is usually tied to earth ground (and generally the metal framing of the monitor)...
  20. mhkohne

4-Slot issues

You may need to give the motherboard slots a cleaning as well. I'm getting the impression it's not USUALLY necessary, but I'd say it's a good next step for your case.