Search results

1. whisper2053

Most difficult shmups you've ever played?

Their game was inadvertently set on God difficulty:
  2. whisper2053

BOTM February: Mad Stalker - Full Metal Force

Grats to ASID, edging out Beez by a tad for the win this month. Hope you guys enjoyed playing something a little different this time. And now, back to our regularly scheduled program...
  3. whisper2053

Leonard Nimoy dead...

Shroom: Just for the record, I wasn't debating the veracity of his death.
  4. whisper2053

Leonard Nimoy dead...

No, I do not think it is false. I think the mediamass article is a poor 'joke'.
  5. whisper2053

Leonard Nimoy dead...

http://en.mediamass.net/people/leonard-nimoy/deathhoax.html "by Jessica Simpson" :spock:
  6. whisper2053

CD vs Cart on background details

Pretty good explanation/comparison here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/neogeocd/916662-neo-geo-cd/faqs/51773
  7. whisper2053

Flip side to that, though...I bet if i'd put rehashed/recycled Capcom games on the list, the turnout would have been much different. No one wants to try anything new, and would rather stay in their comfort zone.
  8. whisper2053

Weekly Roundup: Valentine's Day edition

PS2 Rogue Galaxy Ar Tonelico MVS Neo Turf Masters PCE Gunhed Mad Stalker DC Super Magnetic Neo GC Phantasy Star Online
  9. whisper2053

The Market Purge - ROT Style... Starts post 944.

Today only: internet 101. Boom. the pic is 'right there'.
  10. whisper2053

The Market Purge - ROT Style... Starts post 944.

Use a hosting service and post a link? This can't be your first day on the internet...
  11. whisper2053

Still having trouble getting past the guy, but at least I have a score. I did find that a crouching hard attack will (usually) stop his slide attack and give me some breathing room, so I came a single life block away from defeating him this time. Getting better. whisper2053 - 68,600 - Stage 1...
  12. whisper2053

SOTM february 2015: Blazing Lazers

No milking or pacifying, just having a bit of fun as I get better at the game. whisper2053 - 2,707,680 (is that a 6 or a 5...can't tell lol) - Stage 9
  13. whisper2053

It doesn't seem like it. Once he catches me with the first hit, the hit-stun animation keeps me from doing anything and then the killing starts.
  14. whisper2053

Alright, for any that have the PCE version...how the hell do you get out of the corner on the first boss when he starts touch-tapping you into oblivion? It seems like if I get caught in there, it's pretty much over as he just stands there touching me to death and there's nothing I can do about it :(
  15. whisper2053

PC Engine/Turbografx Beginner Tips

This one works quite nicely :) Though the price has gone up a bit since I got mine, it's still a great screen. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Portable-8-TFT-LCD-4-3-Color-Monitor-Screen-VGA-BNC-AV-Input-for-PC-CCTV-S1-/130734380670?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7060567e
  16. whisper2053

AES Clear Protective Cases

There's a significant difference between people who collect things, and 'collectards'. Also, it's not jealousy. It is sadness and disappointment (at best).
  17. whisper2053

Ha! We shall see. I'm nowhere near you, but I should at least have a score to put up today.