Search results

1. Domino-chan

Old Member's Check-In Thread.

pssst, I follow you on twitter. just sayin' :D
  2. Domino-chan

Basically I was freed of the liquor prison about a year after I graduated culinary school and am currently doing chocolate things in central Texas. And that's about it.
  3. Domino-chan

holy crap, this thing is still active? Even more surprising, my account is still here??
  4. Domino-chan

A bit rough lately due to my cat passing away. Other than that, almost done with school and gonna be focusing on getting my business together.
  5. Domino-chan

Nice to see that you're still alive and kickin'. How've you been?
  6. Domino-chan

Kind of sort of here still. Just lurking and concentrating on school/work.
  7. Domino-chan

Texas Rollcall!

Just pre-registered for Ikkicon in January! Anyone else going?
  8. Domino-chan

Las Vegas Neo MVS Fun Nite

Nevermind. Wrong thread.
  9. Domino-chan

Teachers/Professors you remember (Good/Bad)

A couple come to mind: 10th Grade Literature Teacher: Older black lady who allowed us to throw grammar structure out the window. And she let us watch Unsolved Mysteries in class. Principles of Baking/Pastry: My first instructor in Vegas was a master pastry chef from Germany. He was super...
  10. Domino-chan

So, FRANCE.

Speaking of biere, I went to a beer/wine bar/retail shop and snagged a few brews to take home with me. Yeah I couldn't resist.
  11. Domino-chan

So, FRANCE.

Pays de la Loire, in S/SW France.
  12. Domino-chan

So, FRANCE.

I'm working in a kitchen as part of my culinary training. They get free student labor and I gain experience. My school also arranged outings so we could check out the local culture outside of the usual staples.
  13. Domino-chan

So, FRANCE.

No to both, and the second one makes me sad that I haven't found him yet. I did find a bunch of Tintin merchandise at a bookstore in La Roche-sur-Yon. And as for photos: I'm keeping a blog about my travels around France. I'll be updating soon since we visited a vineyard recently.
  14. Domino-chan

So, FRANCE.

A few days ago, I marked my first month living in the French countryside. My school's been arranging all sorts of trips so we can experience the culture outside of the usual staples like Paris (though we did spend a couple of days there). And so far? It's been one hell of an experience...
  15. Domino-chan

D-Day

I know several commemorations took place around here, but I didn't get a chance to check them out. My paternal grandfather served during WWII as well, stationed both in Germany and the Aleutian Islands. He never really talked about it so I never found out more than that.
  16. Domino-chan

Your favorite video game composer

I have quite a few favorites. Overall, I'd go with Daisuke Ishiwatari followed closely by Nobuo Uematsu. My others would probably be ZUN and Kenji Ito. p_S43AP1tgc JbXVNKtmWnc -DwN8eqUArQ lBaoMKoABlY
  17. Domino-chan

Anyone here collect toys/Action Firgures?

Semi-related, I caved and pre-ordered this along with the Spider-Woman figure from Koto:
  18. Domino-chan

NG.com Beer Thread/Beer Discussion

The Texas beers came from World of Beer in Katy. Or what 'Sage said. Edit: the restaurant I'm working at carries a single draft beer: Warsteiner of all things. It's considerably smoother compared to the bottled version.
  19. Domino-chan

NG.com Beer Thread/Beer Discussion

Here are a few beers I've had recently: Don Jalapeno from No Label Brewery (Katy, TX). Refreshing with a good, mildly spicy bite. First Stand Belgian Saison from Texian Brewing Co. (Richmond, TX) Not a bad Saison, but I'm also spoiled thanks to the 2013 limited Belgian Saison I had last...
  20. Domino-chan

Your Biggest Nerdy Obsession

I'd probably keep GG, honestly. The story is so batshit insane but interesting enough to hold my interest for years to come. But if I had to choose a comic? That would be tougher since I've gone through so many it take forever to settle on just one series/character.