Search results

1. GregN

Gaming gathering at my place 8-13

Aug.13 Arcade stuff, Neo Geo big red pi3, multiplayer switch, GameCube, Dreamcast and Wii, virtual pinball, and rhythm games. Text six (one) 2-2 one 4-0877 for details and directions.
  2. GregN

Arcade1up better than real cabs?

It was a long time ago, but I played Track and Field in the arcade. It was cool, but it would get run into the ground fast if you played it heavily. Trackballs are lots of maintenance, but worth it. The ones I played in the arcade were beat up. It would hold up to casual home use, I think.
  3. GregN

Anybody on Reddit?

I played with Digg but didn't take it seriously.
  4. GregN

Anybody on Reddit?

Merc got me using discord. Haven't looked at it in awhile. Twitch is a long story. I hacked myself basically. I use Youtube instead.
  5. GregN

Anybody on Reddit?

Yea, I don't like Twitter either. I've had it for a long time, but use it minimally. 2-factor authentication is annoying and having things linked to Facebook is frustrating. Somehow, I navigate it. It seems like a short attention span thing originally, but they've expanded the character limit.
  6. GregN

Anybody on Reddit?

Reddit is the natural evolution of Social Networking from 80s BBSs (Commodore 64) with sysops + dial up --- >> Usenet --->> late 90s (2000s UB code (this site) --->> MySpace (skipped that) ---->> Facebook. I used to like Facebook, but it's become too big for it's own good. I use it for Groups...
  7. GregN

Agreed. As fun as gun cabs are, the technology keeps changing and it's hard and expensive to replace and maintain. Parts are expensive. I keep a Wii hooked up in the classic lounge just for HotD, HotD Overkill, LA Machine Guns, Resident Evils and Reload. I wish I could keep the PS Stuff around...
  8. GregN

Thanks for the comment. The ALU mini got flack. 1.) Shipping delays. 2.) easy Rotatable screen for Shumps, pre 1986 Vert games. (Good), 3.) Tetris one looks very good, but was pre-order only and didn't hit the streets until a year later (are people even getting it)? 4.) (Bad) only 1 stick, 6...
  9. GregN

Anybody on Reddit?

It's basically the spiritual successor to Usenet, Msg Boards, BB. I also like Reddit because it keeps pictures and video to a minimum. I only go back to Usenet Circa. 1995-1996. I didn't use BBSs on Commodore 64, didn't have a modem. I only did school papers in HS on MS-DOS and played Tetris. I...
  10. GregN

New Star Wars stuff announced

I only watched one episode of Boba Fett. Liked what I saw. When is Mandolorian 3rd season dropping?
  11. GregN

No taxation without perspiration

Got one W-2 from my 2nd job, and waiting on my main course job W-2. I made quite a bit on ebay this year, but I think they changed taxes? Isn't it any profit >$600? I also read/heard that they don't even send you anything unless you made >$30k profit/year. I also did Instacart, isn't that a...
  12. GregN

Yea, one game for $700... As much as i liked it back in the day, T2 has aged poorly, and the difficulty spikes defending the vehicles are insane. That red T-molding is ugly as sin. Waiting with baited breath for House of the Dead, or even time crisis. My next one will be Golden Tee Pro and/or...
  13. GregN

Disc Rot

I have a story about disc rot. When I was clearing out my Saturn Collection and selling it on teh Bay about 4-5 years ago, I wasn't able to test Saturn Bomberman and it came back as a return stating it didn't work. Got it back, I ran it on 2 different Saturns, and sure enough. It wouldn't load...
  14. GregN

Boy if this shit would have been around 20 years ago, I would have been all over it, but it's a young mans thing. I don't have much experience with video, and have a monotone voice, so it's not for me. I've posted my game room on Facebook without narration, but that's it. I'd post it here if it...
  15. GregN

I'm on there all the time man. I post in home arcade, Arcade1up, and Atgames. Handle is what I had when I started on this board 20+ years ago, DigiPunk. I don't look in the SNK sub much. Is it worth looking at?
  16. GregN

Lots of times to fix updates, it's as simple as checking the mail system built into the product. It's android-based as far as I can tell. And they used to push firmware updates every week and create new problems. Now they're going once a month like iiRcade, and only updating DL content packs...
  17. GregN

I agree. They want to go mainstream and are in it for $money$ $money$ $money$. It's not a mainstream product. People will buy one cab at most for their man cave, basement, family room, home office, or garage bar. Remember they are only a 4 year old company, and their customer service has gotten...
  18. GregN

The Home Arcade movement summed up 1-24-22 I know arcade 1up gets trashed on here. OG cabs are entirely different. 30-40 year old parts and PCBs to track down. Power hogs. Electronics knowledge. Outdated monitors. I get it. You're preserving a piece of history, and that's important, and I...
  19. GregN

Weekly Roundup

Arcade 1up -Simpsons Bowling - big hit with friends that come over, even 80s golden age gamers! -SImpsons Arcade -X men Konami -Avengers in Galactic Storm -Ms. Pac Man -Rompers -Tower of Druaga - a crude, 1984 early dungeon crawler - worth a look -Golden Axe, Revenge of Death Adder -Hurricane...
  20. GregN

The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

Your job title and what you make isn't your identity. Your actions and how you treat others says a lot. You don't have full control over what you make. You don't hire yourself. And even if you own your own business, your customers are your boss.