Search results

1. J

Another metal slug 3 with graphics issues

After quite a wait to get this done, I lifted the CMC from a KOF99 and replaced the one on the metal slug 3 board. Now it works great! I feel a bit bad about destroying a KOF99, but that game doesn’t really mean anything to me…
  2. J

Thanks for the offer, but yes I am not in the US. I already have a KOF99 on the way as a donor, will report back if it works.
  3. J

Hi, I have a genuine metal slug 3 cart with graphical and sound issues. The fix layer is perfect, and the game appears to be running fine as far as the game code is concerned. I have tried: - cleaning - Inspection under a microscope - reflowing all of the pins on the neo-cmc - checking...
  4. J

Understanding neo geo copy protection

Thanks for the replies. I didn’t think to look at the MAME source code for documentation, but there is tons of info there! I also was looking for the wrong keywords on the neo geo wiki, the correct search phrase is “slot check security”...
  5. J

Hi again, I am indeed interested in trying to make a flash cart, but also trying to understand the architecture of the neo geo better. It is purely out of curiosity (and maybe a little nostalgia for the system…); if I wanted to buy one there are plenty that exist already for way less effort.
  6. J

Hi, I’ve been doing some reading and research about the neo geo MVS copy protection schemes. I am hoping someone could double check my summary below to see if I am correct, and also answer a few questions that I have (or point me to where I can find this info). Essentially, MVS systems have...