Search results

1. xterc

Neo Diagnostics ROMs

Sound Restored Never-mind I figured it out... The HC259 addressable latch that drives the OE (output enable) of the NEO-257 needed replacing. It is located in a completely different part of the board than the rest of the Z80/YM stuff. The NEO-GEO development Wiki helped again with the...
  2. xterc

Neo Diagnostics ROMs

I've replaced the DAC, changed SM1, swapped an E0, G0, C1 & a 257. The Z80 and SM1 have been socketed. The BIOS test sounds do play. I'm at a loss with this board.
  3. xterc

Neo Diagnostics ROMs

This batch of unfriendly venom spewing batteries has given me a headache recently, but nothing that can't be overcome. However, I do have a Z80 COMM issue that I can't seem to get to the bottom of on an MVS2F. Using NEODIAG and the Z80 test cart, I get 'EXPECTED C3, ACTUAL 53' - Unexpected...
  4. xterc

Startech USB3HDCAP + OSSC 'no video' issue

When using the OSSC did you try different line multiplier options? I've never tried to capture component with the USB3HDCAP, so I can't be much help there. If you use AMAREC or OBS you can get to the properties window of the driver and sometimes modifying settings here can help.
  5. xterc

[FOUND] WTB: Memory Card Socket for MV2F

New vs Old
  6. xterc

I have made a LED mini marquee system and want to share.

Is this open source or are you selling the boards. Either way I am interested.
  7. xterc

[FOUND] WTB: Memory Card Socket for MV2F

If someone has a junk board and is able to remove the Memory Card Socket I'm interested in purchasing it. I've scoured the forum/Internet and it looks like the NEO GEO memory card socket is a difficult beast to source.
  8. xterc

MVS vertical line problem after battery leak

Follow the lines from the IC to see where they end up. Check continuity with a meter to see which lines are damaged. It looks like several traces close to the battery are damaged. Once you identify which traces are damaged, you can plan on how to fix them.
  9. xterc

PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Alex, I know your team is small and no-one here wants to see you get burned out. Do you have intern programs in Spain? We have interns during the summer to help reduce the workload on our engineers, they don't get paid much, but they do garner great work experience which they can use on their...
  10. xterc

I order all my cables from RetroGamingCables even though I'm based in the states. The cable I ordered for the Super SD System Pro 3 is not the Packapunch version it is just the vanilla 'Sega Mega Drive 2 / Genesis 2 & 3 CDX 32X dbGrafx Booster TTP RGB AV SCART Cable'. I have no noticeable...
  11. xterc

Mine came today and so far... excellent! Packaging is top-notch, menu system is super fast and RGB picture quality looks great on CRT & through the OSSC. I'm not sure we could ask for more.
  12. xterc

I also received my UPS tracking #. Now the anticipation begins. Thank you to the TerraOnion team!
  13. xterc

NEOSD PRO - The New Terranonion Neo Geo Product March 2018.

Incredible news. I love the idea of the RAM slot.
  14. xterc

Jamma Nation X CMVS Consolized MVS system reviewed!

This thread inspired me to install a DFO in my MVS-2F. Thank you to Xian Xi and Todd for bringing it to my attention. Building and programming the DFO was an adventure into itself.
  15. xterc

Post Your Recent Purchases!

It looks like a few of the tracks under the battery have been damaged. Good luck with the repairs. Post some pics! I've always wondered how good the X68000 really was.
  16. xterc

SSDS3 Original PCB vs Revised PCB RGB comparison video

Yes, I was admiring that too. Someone has the patience of a saint (and a lot of flux).
  17. xterc

Post Your Recent Purchases!

gscartsw to ease the cable swapping Transplanted my breadbin C64 into a Kickstarter C64C case (the original case had become brittle and was falling apart)
  18. xterc

It's awesome to see these out in the wild now. I'm looking forward to the reviews.
  19. xterc

New Chat Room... Comments and Suggestions NEEDED!

If there is any way to add the local time to each message (like Skype and WhatsApp) then it would be easier to follow a conversation when returning to a pre-opened chat.
  20. xterc

I can't wait to see them fully assembled. Now all we need is for someone to make a custom black smoke enclosure for the PCE.