Search results

1. profholt82

Weekly Roundup

I've been playing the original Shining Force on Genesis this week. I'm in chapter 4 right now. It's one of those games that I really like, and have played a lot of over the years off and on, but I've never stuck it out to completion. RPGs always wear me out at some point. I'm really more of a...
  2. profholt82

Thinking about buying a gpu. I need your opinion.

Make sure you get a unit with plenty of VRAM, that'll help future proof it a bit. There are brand new monsters like the 3070 and above with only 8gb, and that's ridiculous in my opinion. I'd try to grab a unit with 12 or more. This is a great pc building site that keeps an ongoing algorithm...
  3. profholt82

Chat message

I saw Radiohead back in 01 or so. It was shortly before Amnesiac came out. Still one of the best shows I ever saw.
  4. profholt82

What records are you listening to tonight?

I love that RJD2 album. I spun it a ton back in my college days.
  5. profholt82

I found most of the ones I was after. Missed out on Devo, Belinda Carlisle and Art Pepper. But I put the word out to some friends in other cities, hopefully they can find at least one of them for me. Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, Replacements, Everly Bros
  6. profholt82

Anyone here collect toys/Action Firgures?

I just found out about them a month ago. Apparently they were Walmart exclusive, and came out last year. They were sold out on their website though. But there were some on ebay, mostly in the 25ish range. I kept an eye open in searches for a week or two last month, looking for a deal, and...
  7. profholt82

Anyone here collect toys/Action Firgures?

Recently picked up a reissue set of the original TMNT figures.
  8. profholt82

WHODOYOUPLAYAS! Neo Turf Masters t-shirts, hoodies and posters

I believe Nancy pronounces it "gween."
  9. profholt82

Picked up some new records for the first time in a while, the Chi-Lites, Coltrane and Weezer.
  10. profholt82

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADMAN JOCK

Exclusive photo of Madman and his family on their way to his birthday dinner: Happy birthday, homie!
  11. profholt82

Arcade game sequels

I wouldn't say garbage, but 3 was definitely a step back. Still an average fighting game of the era, not bad and better than many competitors, but compared to MK2 it's ass, and I was disappointed with it at the time. Over the years I've come to appreciate it a bit more though. Ha! That's the...
  12. profholt82

Sol Cresta: A sordid tale of lust, drugs, and greed

I thought Terra Cresta on the NES was all right. Nothing to write home about, but a decent enough shooter on a system not really bursting at the seams with them. I'll probably check out this new one on switch at some point. Looks fairly generic from the gameplay video I saw of it though, but...
  13. profholt82

Post Your Recent Purchases!

Sweet! Thanks for checking, synbiosfan. :D I picked up an Xeye a few months back, but haven't messed with it much beyond testing to see if it works. It was just too good a deal to pass up. On my main basement rig, I run the model 1 cd power tower with the 32x all hooked up, and that'll be a...
  14. profholt82

Delorean Is Back

Delorean has still been running as a parts wholesaler in Houston for decades since the company stopped producing cars. But because of legal reasons, they can't build and sell completed Deloreans as far as I know, but you can purchase all of the original OEM parts from them as well as new...
  15. profholt82

Taito in Widescreen decades before we had it at home

Yes, that's the one I was thinking of. I thought it was a Sega machine, but I knew it wasn't any of the Outruns or Daytona, so I figured I was off. Yeah, that was 99, so I was almost done with high school by then. Sheesh. I wasn't playing many arcade games by then, but now that I think of it, we...
  16. profholt82

Taito in Widescreen decades before we had it at home

I recall a racing game at the arcade in the mid 90s that had a big wraparound screen. It may have been 3 screens, front and sides, but it was seamless. Really immersive game because it was a sitdown like a cockpit. I cant remember what it was though, even though I played it quite a bit. But...
  17. profholt82

I didn't even realize those Hori joycons were a thing, I'm interested. I play a lot of fighters on the Lite because of the d-pad, the standard joycons just having those 4 diamond buttons. This is good to know.
  18. profholt82

Do you know if they're compatible with the 32x? I realize the disc lid wouldn't be able to open with it in, but I'm curious if they're compatible technologically.