Search results

1. PleaseKillMeNow

The new Batman is....

Predictions: Affleck does a good job Movie is only so-so. WB now has an Oscar-winning director for the JL movie.
  2. PleaseKillMeNow

Of all videogames to never get a movie treatment...

At your local video store. It goes by the name Alien.
  3. PleaseKillMeNow

"Ultimate Gaming Rig" - Worst sham perpetrated on gamers in the 90s?

I can't believe they were still doing this well into 2006. The last one I saw was probably around '97 or '98 (then again, I was pretty much done with print video game magazines around 2003). I want to say there's another article that takes a look at the promotion and how it ensured no one...
  4. PleaseKillMeNow

Military coup topples democratically elected Egyptian Pres. Morsi, suspends constitution

How is it that Mid-Easterners are able to print up signs and banners so quickly, yet I can't find a goddamn Kinkos that'll stay open after work??
  5. PleaseKillMeNow

Official A/V Thread

Of course, that should've been the first thing I post: The receiver is a Hitachi HTA-3000. The speakers are from a Phillips MCD 139 (which, I've done some searches and some have just plain 'ol speaker wire in the back, not all this crazy DIN mumbo jumbo).
  6. PleaseKillMeNow

Official A/V Thread

Oh wise A/V nerds, help me! Long story short, how can I get this: to play well with this: which has this in the back: because the receiver looks like this: and that would look pretty boss. (I'm in the middle of a move, during the week I'll have some actual pictures)
  7. PleaseKillMeNow

and so, somebody on twitter is using my pictures. lol

Dude, we get it, you're buff.
  8. PleaseKillMeNow

Daft Punk: Random Access Memories - A Brilliant Experiment Gone Awry

Darius Rucker?? EDIT: Really?!? Half the fun of music is blindly buying an album for one or two tracks, only to find out the rest ain't so bad, either.
  9. PleaseKillMeNow

Daft Punk: Random Access Memories - A Brilliant Experiment Gone Awry

I think Jedah's biggest problem is that he's putting too much thought into the music of Daft Punk. For a band that has said- -about one of their albums, you can see where this is a problem. Somewhat contradictory, let's look at Discovery (the album being discussed in the quote) as the...
  10. PleaseKillMeNow

So you're online, what are you doing?

Other than here? Facebook (I'm on it all the time, even though I don't really do anything on it- I really need to clean up my Friends List). Mentalfloss Cracked MSN & Yahoo (I love punishing myself and reading the comments on both sites) The A.V. Club Mymedicare.gov (work) MSPRP (work)...
  11. PleaseKillMeNow

As I Lay Dying Frontman Caught in Murder For Hire...

I hate to break it to you, but that money went somewhere else...
  12. PleaseKillMeNow

Robocop: TV edited/dubbed scenes...

They've done it. And it IS fun.
  13. PleaseKillMeNow

Religion ugh...not again

I find myself agreeing with Trey Parker's views on religion. In essence: religions are silly, but the idea we're here for no reason is sillier.
  14. PleaseKillMeNow

Vinyl record thread/ What you have/ What you like?

I have a decent sized collection- Mostly stuff released within the last 50+ years. There's a little bit of everything. Mostly "classics," but there's a few oddities in there. I've been blessed to build a nice collection (and setup) mostly through thrifting. I've tracked down many great albums...
  15. PleaseKillMeNow

The official "something neat I bought that doesn't deserve it's own thread" thread.

A 2nd and Charles opened up in my town. It's completely taken the fun and surprise of finding good vinyl at thrift stores (which 99% of my collection is made of). Since opening I've been able to find: - A used copy of New Boots and Panties!! - Used copy of June 1, 1974 - New 180g copies of...
  16. PleaseKillMeNow

Explosions near finish of Boston Marathon

I would go. But only during the day. Before any music starts.
  17. PleaseKillMeNow

Why hasn't one of you dollfuckers made a Random Access Memories thread yet?

Not only am I engaged to a Wisconsinite, but I had a couple of friends from up there and the taste in music isn't that bad (although I joke with her that they were three years behind on music trends). However, last year she had some friends down from WI for Mardi Gras, and one of them brought a...
  18. PleaseKillMeNow

Explosions near finish of Boston Marathon

Finally, the ICP is saying all the words we've been too scared to hear! *puts on facepaint* *gets fat*
  19. PleaseKillMeNow

LFL ( Legends Football League ) Season 4 Atlanta Steam vs. Jacksonville Breeze Game 1

I like this thread. Especially the part where the guy with the pictures of cartoon T&A all over his posts lectures everyone on respecting women.