Search results

1. Spoonman

When was the AES released?

Yeah, I think Baseball Stars Pro had a bit more replay value to it and was so much fun. My brother and I used to play it all the time! American Dreams Vs. Japan Robins.. :) NAM-1975 is also a great game so either way SNK bad you covered. I don't know anyone who chose Magician Lord, but I'm...
  2. Spoonman

Welp, unfortunately, I never uploaded the source files to my website before my hdd crashed.. (Damn Seagate!) :( So what's on there are still my older, lower resolution scans. They might look decent at smaller prints, but probably not at 20x30" as seen here: Here are all of my scans if you'd...
  3. Spoonman

Their import coverage was by far the best for it's time. At least for a US based mag. They also have much higher quality screen shots and paper quality. It was well suited for Neo-Geo coverage. :)
  4. Spoonman

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. :) Yeah, I loved old EGM and GameFan mags. The good old days.
  5. Spoonman

No problem. Yeah, I love the classic Neo artwork. I made posters from these 3 games. :)
  6. Spoonman

I liked most of what I played. Many of them I had played in the arcade prior to buying so I knew what I was getting. Sometimes I was maybe a bit disappointed in how quickly you could blow through an action game which didn't have limited continues. Cyber-Lip for example. I was happy that...
  7. Spoonman

Sorry for the necro-bump, but I just stumbled upon this post and wanted to help out a bit. I can confirm that the Neo-Geo AES system and several games (such as Baseball Stars, NAM-1975, Ninja Combat, Top Player's Golf, and a few others were made available in time for Christmas 1990. My...
  8. Spoonman

HAPPY BIRTHHHDAAYYY XIAN XI!!!

Happy Birthday!
  9. Spoonman

Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon

I'd rather see games like this just released as roms for use with emulators. People who download it and like it could donate to them. This will mean another 250 AES carts sac'd. :oh_no: I wonder what game they will use for it.
  10. Spoonman

Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon

The shop keeper and bios music are good, the rest is an 8-bit dithered mess... unfortunately. There must be a way they can get more colors out of the Neo-Geo.
  11. Spoonman

SNK Playmore Terminates Licence Agreement with Tommo.

NeoGeoFreak Matt: Thanks for the updates. Using Final Burn was ok but there were some rumors on sony bios. Sony hasn't chimed in and they may not be involved. Tommo has said it's an internal issue with playmore so we'll have to wait and see what that means. 35 minutes ago · Like
  12. Spoonman

Which Neo-Geo CD Games Have Arranged Music?: New Thread

Top Player's Golf and Baseball Stars 2 both have arranged soundtracks with much better sounding instruments. BASEBALL STARS 2 CD version CART version
  13. Spoonman

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Actually you have a better chance of BRICKING your Neo•Geo® x by running the official firmware via the "Super Duper ROcket Cable®", but I suggest you Pirate® your ROMZ. Come on and brick it.. All the cool Big Tymers®™ are doing it®.
  14. Spoonman

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Yes, they work fine with PC and PS3 (and probably most devices with standard USB). I think they work very well to be honest. I've used real Neo-Geo sticks since 1990 and find the Neo-Geo X stick to be a decent replica. I've used it quite a bit with Neo-Geo Station on the PS3 and they are even...
  15. Spoonman

Interest check: SNES Scart RGB cables for ntsc US and JP systems

Hey Broken, I would be interested in one of your cables. The only problem right now is that I don't have anything that accepts SCART. If I could get some suggestions for a reasonably priced convertor (SCART to HDMI, VGA, or component) for connecting to my Samsung LN52A750 LCD 1080p HDTV or...
  16. Spoonman

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

So they are really only making the firmware update available when you pay more money.. And you guys are OK with this?! I also think they should have either grouped games together, I.E.: Metal Slug 1-4, or better yet sell them by the game. One game per box... Sorta like how it's been with games...
  17. Spoonman

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

I'd advise against this personally.. Has Tommo done anything right yet? Why would they start now? They are preying on your nostalgia. Also, are they saying you have to buy one of the games in order to get the system fixes?
  18. Spoonman

Why do we call it the "AES"

Sorry if I don't fall into the mindset of most Neo fans where their top 20 list has 19 fighters. I tend to like genres that are under appreciated. You don't see many motorcycle racing games with RPG elements. Anyway, it's MY Top 20 games. Not yours, or anyone else's. Unlike some websites I...
  19. Spoonman

Why do we call it the "AES"

I don't want to steal any thunder here, but I had Neo-Geo games listed as AES / MVS games on my Neo-Geo website back in 1996. I also went with 3 letter naming for my consoles when printing out labels for my composite video switcher dating back to 1991 It read like this: ROW 1 [NES, SMS, GEN...
  20. Spoonman

New Tommo NGX ad has appeared mimicking original SNK one...

This is minutes before he put on a Huey Lewis CD and hacked her to pieces..