Search results

1. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Per order from amazon, 337 w/ microSD card.
  2. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Since I had nothing to go on, I didn't realize there was glue. I kept working at it and it finally started to rip the glue. If you keep working at it , it will come off. I'd be careful about cutting it first as you might cut the board. Maybe get an xacto knife and cut out from under.
  3. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

I'd rather go the external SD card route as well. And judging how you run Ninja Masters, I'd say they intend on having multiple cards on games. Otherwise Ninja Masters would just start up as soon as you selected "NEO GEO" card instead of going in to another menu to select the game.
  4. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Say it, hell. He has video proof!!!
  5. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

I was hoping someone else would take the lead on this. I'm not good on the software side of things. I can follow directions to do stuff, but I'm not a pioneer on that side. I just wanted to do what I could to help get things rolling.
  6. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

NO ROM LINKING
  7. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

I am booted in to Linux using the Ultimate Boot CD. I still can't get my PC to even recognize the Ninja Masters SD card. I've used testdisk and other partition software, It just doesn't even know it's plugged in. Maybe it's my PC
  8. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Nice dude, now I don't have to take mine apart again. I don't know how many times the plastic can take it before the threads get mangled. How did you do it? What programs did you use?
  9. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Well I think that's good news, should make it easier to get to the data. I still wish I had another microSD card to through something else on, like that linux distro that someone mentioned earlier. I am d/l the forensic took kit thing now, it's taking over an hour. Meanwhile I still can't get...
  10. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

I'll do it before today is over. Family obligations and what not.
  11. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Ok, last one.
  12. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

One more, this should make some of you happy. Maybe, I don't know what this really means. Maybe just place holders.
  13. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

So I found this today using a hexeditor for that sys_update_file. There's pages of this, I didn't want to post a hundred screen shots.
  14. L

Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

My up direction was requiring me to go further up past the click. Like it would click, but I'd have to go a little further up to make the guy jump for example. But now it seems to have returned to normal. I've taken mine fully apart (FOR SCIENCE!). but this happened before that. I'll be taking...
  15. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

I made a DD image of whatever it is when you hook the NGX up to your computer, I don't know if that 1GB partition is from the internal SD card or what. It was late when I did it and I was able to mount it with daemon tools, but I couldn't access it. I only tried once then went to bed. I have an...
  16. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

What firmware does everyone have? I think I have 337. Over at gamefaqs, someone asked that question and there are at least 3 versions out there. 337, 357, and 370. No idea what the difference is.
  17. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

I'll try to make an image of it this weekend, but the "bad blocks" or whatever errors it was giving me worry me. I wish I was well versed in Linux. I'll put that "testdisk" on my mac since it has a unix backbone and see if I have better luck there. I'm also hesitant to do too much because if I...
  18. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

It's probably too late for a revision now. It would cost money to change that and go through the testing when this product already works. Not saying it can't happen. Honestly I have no idea what I'm doing. I am no threat to their business model. And if I'm the only one doing this stuff, then we...
  19. L

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

If I can dig up a microSD card, I'll try putting that opendingux on it and see what happens.