Search results

1. S

Anyone here collect toys/Action Firgures?

It was a bit of a wakeup call for me, too. I was told that his dad wondered why he hadn't heard from his son in more than a week. He had the door opened and found him. I'm really glad that all of this happened while I was gone. I for one can't wait to check out the new bikepark that was built...
  2. S

I've had that Battle Ram since march. Grayskull is a great looking set but quite tedious to put together. As for the Pirates of Barracuda Bay set: I bought mine late last year with VIP points, a "gift with purchase" set as well as 7% cashback. I'd never pay full price for LEGO.
  3. S

Beer. His kitchen was right next to my bedroom. I could tell that he sat all alone in his kitchen all night long and used to drink until 4:30 in the morning. That was usually the time when he would wake me up by throwing his empty bottles in the crate. Judging by the noise he made, he must have...
  4. S

My neighbor used to drink after work. He died while I was on vacation. He was 44 years old. Sorting and building LEGO is a great way for getting your mind off of things, when the weather is so bad that you can't or don't want to spend time outside. Trying to come up with creative solutions when...
  5. S

I was asking because it seemed as if you haven't even discovered the really good sets, yet. Do you own any of the exclusive sets like the modular buildings? I feel that they can be a better value and offer more interesting building techniques than most of the sets that you posted pictures of...
  6. S

Post Your Recent Purchases!

I've been bored enough to take pictures of almost all my gaming related pickups of 2021. The things that I didn't bother taking pictures of are just spare parts for GBC, GBA and NGPC. Sold at least 10 games and only picked up two new ones. Pretty happy about that. Ragnagard and 3 Count Bout...
  7. S

Sock and shoe color etiquette?

It's just that white and light grey socks often end up looking dirty. Sometimes even fresh out of the washing machine, if you don't separate colours. Dirty socks can be a sign for lacking personal hygiene. Do you realize why so many older men are wearing socks in sandals? They're hiding their...
  8. S

Modern complete collections & the state of the community

Depends on how picky you are. Finding a Chibi Marukochan cart with a perfect label took me a few years and ended up costing me more than $30.
  9. S

Post Your Recent Purchases!

"decent buy" is a bit of an understatement.
  10. S

Are you new to the hobby?
  11. S

Sock and shoe color etiquette?

Last time I wore white socks was when I was working at a nursing home back in 1999/2000. Dirty white, grey or beige socks are disgusting. Even worse, if they have shitty patterns on them.
  12. S

What are you listening to at the moment?

Really not my type of music but I recently ran into one of those obnoxious people at work, so this one put a smile on my face:
  13. S

Neo Games That Surprised You

I didn't expect to enjoy playing Magical Drop 3, Turf Masters and League Bowling as much as I do. Fatal Fury Special and Riding Hero on the other hand...
  14. S

Best cleaner/eraser for cart pins?

Guys, I didn't tell anyone to scrub the hell out of it using that magic eraser. Neither did I say that I'm doing that every other week. I have carts that I cleaned once years ago and they still work flawlessly. Going lightly over the pins doesn't do any harm whatsoever. If your're that worried...
  15. S

Facebook sales

As an example, here is how it works in Germany: 550 + 4.7% Customs = 575.85 575.85 + 19% VAT = 685.26 Customs and VAT have to be paid on top of the total amount (shipped). If Deutsche Post or FedEX decide to do the Customs stuff for you you'll have to be prepared to pay another 6€ to ~20€ for...
  16. S

Best cleaner/eraser for cart pins?

Wet magic eraser.
  17. S

What do you guys think about this Ganryu cart?

Thanks. I bought my first two MVS carts in November of 2001 but never planned to go for a full set. In fact, I only bought an MVS copy of Metal Slug because I was neither willing nor able to spend $800 on a legit homecart. The other game was Neo Turf Masters. Fast Forward 19 years and all that's...
  18. S

Black Friday 2020

Posting this from an iPad 2. I built my PC back in 2012 and don't plan to upgrade as long as DDR5 isn't readily available and affordable.
  19. S

Question and opinion please regarding my health.

Next time you talk to your doctor ask him about Indian fleaseed husks. Not sure, whether or not they would help in your case but they may reduce the pain. If you decide to try them, then don't forget to drink enough water.
  20. S

Any members here play games on Steam? Just picked up Sea of Thieves as it's on sale!

Whenever I log into my account I end up spending the rest of the night putting shit games on my "ignore" list.