Search results

1. D

RGB bypass mod

Thanks Xian Couldn't find a guide for the 3-4 when asked the question but have now, the RGB is a million times better out the box than the 3-6 and wouldn't have known the difference if did not have the CMVS or do the mod on the 3-6. I've changed to this AES as is like new, the box is unmarked...
  2. D

RGB bypass mod

Old thread but pretty much what I'm after, Xian, you're probably my man again on this. I've picked up a 3-4 AES and have the 'checkerboard' issue, this is low serial and does not have the lines but want to clean up the image, do I need to do a bypass or is there a way of improving the ground to...
  3. D

New Product - Daedalus NeoGeo Converter

DG, you're a technical genius, and compared to the Super converter this looks to be fantastic. Do you think will do a revised version, either vertical or where the cart is positioned at the back with some support so that is not so visible or does not 'lean' over causing a bad connection ?
  4. D

FS: Omega Neo Geo CMVS Systems and Kits

I think screw shells would be best so easier to put back into the original shell if needed, i.e if you sell a kit and want it back as original. This along with the cases is definately something looking forward to, as well as the joysticks, any more news on any of these ?
  5. D

AES Checkerboard vs MVS picture

Cheers Xian, sorted my problems out again !, got it working perfect with the pot on the sync
  6. D

OK, think this is probably the TV, put 75ohm resistors back in on the RGB lines, look better than the 180, when reset the TV picture it holds steady for probably 4 or 5 minutes then breifly goes dark for a second or 2 and OK again for another 4 or 5 minutes, so I'm sure my mod is OK and that the...
  7. D

Xian Put 180ohm resistors on, still doing the same thing, could it be anything else or anything interfering ? Thanks Dave
  8. D

Thanks Xian I've put 75ohm on, I have some 180ohm, shall I give those a go or will it be too much ?, thats the same that put on my MVS
  9. D

RG Bypass brightness change Hi I've done a quick video to demonstrate how it changes brightness, most evudent in magician lord
  10. D

Grrr, its still doing it !, tried with a resistor on sync also, any ideas ?
  11. D

Don't take shortcuts ! LOL That'll teach me for taking shortcuts !, done with 75ohm resistors on the red, green and blue and seems to be sorted ! My TV may have some kind of failsafe if the signals are too strong, so all seems to be as good as the MVS now :glee:
  12. D

Bright then dark Chaps I've done the full bypass on mine now and has got rid of the blocks as expected, however a strange problem, is that the picture is nice and bright for about a minute then goes darker, then brightens up again !, again not using resistors, any ideas what could be causing...
  13. D

My Neo Family !

Sorry mate, don't have the internals, have the mainboard but want to keep that as is my practice board, learned how to solder on this project and amazing how quick can pick it up when have to !, the only other thing have to do to it is fit a unibios and will be practicing removing the bios and...
  14. D

I have a revision 3-6 AES and have done the RGB trace mod as per MrMonkeys tutorial. This got rid of the nasty lines up and across the screem but the image is still not as good as my CMVS which do not show these blocks at all. I've tried to take a couple of pictures to show what i mean, the...
  15. D

My Neo Family !

Now i've finished my Neo Geo CD CMVS and recieved my Omega a couple of weeks ago thought i'd pop a couple of pictures up together with the AES all together. My CD CMVS has exactly the same picture quality as the Omega system and stereo sound, I've also tried to keep as much of the original unit...
  16. D

Consolization using Neo CD Controller Board

Done it !!! Thanks Xian, All works perfect now !!, removed the resistors which sorted out the D button issue, put a 3.2 Kohm resistor on the sync so solid as a rock now on my plasma and 180ohm resistors on the R G * B lines. Thanks again for all your help on this, definately couldn't have...
  17. D

Thanks Xian I have tested the ground on the jamma harness connections and nothing, I have resoldered the wire to make sure all clean and still the same, do you think is likely to be on the controller board end ?, if so I can't work out how as pin 4 no way near the ground, is there any other way...
  18. D

D Button Controller 2 Another one for Xian I think ! Nearly completed this apart from ad odd problem with Button D on controller 2, when in the I/O menu with just Player 1 plugged in then all shows's 0's and tests OK, when plug player 2 in all buttons work apart from button D with then shows...
  19. D

Omega Neo Geo CMVS VS Analogue CMVS Slim

Omega for me because the boards are connected to the jamma harness so if the MV1C has any problems it can just be swapped out, I have a spare MV1C (new one) that will keep hold of in case that I'm also using while finish of building my own CMVS. I still can't get over how much more impressive...
  20. D

WTB !!! Mint white PC Engine, no marks no yellow !

Hi So I've just invested in a brand spanking new PC engine CDROM2 and interface (the neo certianly get you used to loosening the purse strings !) so in need of a mint white (preferably boxed) engine to go with it... can anyone help ??? Cheers Dave