Search results

1. T

NeoGeoX.com is down...

My PS3 is a glorified Netflix/Hulu/Blu-ray box. $400 was wasted on mine until they put the best Netflix interface on it and I use it daily now... sadly it's just for Netflix lol.
  2. T

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Very cool. Looking forward to this getting released!
  3. T

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

I'm curious, did anyone notice a JTAG header or pins anywhere on the PCB? Wondering if you can dump the EEPROM off the 370 or reprogram it via a JTAG port.
  4. T

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Don't throw it away, I'll buy it off you for parts if you can't get it repaired.
  5. T

Neo Geo X Adapter

Bloodshed, please put me down for one of your adapters as well. Thanks!
  6. T

NGX stick driver

I tried FinalBurnAlpha on Win7 and I'm stuck in the up position. Control panel shows and tests the sick fine but in the emu it refused to work for me.
  7. T

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

This is the adapter I tested with: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00007IFED/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i01 I'm assuming your adapter still required your custom kernel and didn't function with the tommo build right?
  8. T

Neo Geo X Adapter

Honestly, I thought a PCB extender may be easier so it could be easily reconfigured with jumpers: The net names on the right of the schematic are not correct right now, they shouldn't match the input side of the jumpers (indicates they are the same net which they would not be). This was a...
  9. T

Neo Geo X Adapter

I had considered breaking out some pcb layout software and seeing if I couldn't reproduce one of these: http://www.hwtools.net/ExtenderBoard/XCEX.html I'm thinking more like a riser pcb, we use these for testing cca's at work and they are just straight through to the contacts except in this...
  10. T

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

ack, When you have the ngx booted with your kernel and it's plugged into the dock do you get the console output via hdmi? I hosed my Fedora VM tonight so I'm rebuilding it then I'm going to try and dig into this more, pretty much the same route you're taking here. As a side note I got the...
  11. T

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

My guess is that the video output and HDMI may become limiting factors. Only time will tell though.
  12. T

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Ack, thanks for the update. I'll be out of town a few days so I'm grabbing the ingenic source and their development guide now. I'll try and read through the dev guide for compiling with their tool chain and while we're driving. I ordered a trendnet USB ethernet interface that specifically...
  13. T

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Loadable module support and a compiler in there anywhere?
  14. T

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

I don't suppose you would be able to get a dmesg log of what the system saw when you plugged it in? (See ack's previous post where he modified some scripts to get the log files output)
  15. T

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Ozfer, I imagine the eth0 device will have to be enabled before it will become active. Rot, is there any particular reason the Chat function says I am banned? This forum has got to be the most un-user friendly forum I've ever participated in. I'm guessing because I'm a new user I can not edit...
  16. T

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

The next time I take mine apart I'll probe around with the bootsel pads and see if I can figure out if they are active high or low. The manual for the processor (as well as the first post) has some indication as to what they mean but it's yet to have been explained as to how they affect the...
  17. T

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Here is the full gallery: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/926i5jqgrbznof3/pYXculifQT
  18. T

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Thanks rot. I'm getting 404 errors from Dropbox now with your tag changes. Going to switch to a PC and not a tablet to see if maybe I can get a URL for the gallery rather than image spamming the thread.
  19. T

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Something seems to be wrong with Dropbox. Let me see if I can host them elsewhere.
  20. T

NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

I wanted to share some internal shots of my 370. I've since acquired a 337 and will begin helping out with the Linux efforts, starting with trying to make a USB 10/100 network adapter work and be able to spawn a shell. So another case where a 370 does not have the MicroSD card but a...