Search results

1. smokehouse

Moving Is Going To Be Insane.

We hired movers for our heavy stuff during out 2018 move, it was just over $1000 to have them do it. A lock, stock, barrel kind of move? It would have been very expensive. I have no regrets having paid for it, the moved some of the worst stuff that we own and did it with a smile.
  2. smokehouse

I used moving as a jumpstart to selling off more of my stuff. Truth be told, I had begun downsizing years before I moved, but moving allowed me to really get things in containers that made the easier to document and sell after the move.
  3. smokehouse

We received an offer on our house Halloween of 2018, they wanted to close at the end of Nov...so we too had one month to get out. Having lived there for 14 years, we amassed a ton of shit, so it too was no east task. One thing that I landed up doing was renting a storage unit and putting...
  4. smokehouse

The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

Its ironic that in a vast majority of the places where I'd actually want a firearm on my person, you cannot carry there. I don't carry...or even have a license for it, where I live there's currently no need.
  5. smokehouse

Gimme a break... Go hang out in Portland for a while, find out for yourself.
  6. smokehouse

I'll be frank, I've long thought that all kids should go through 8-weeks of Army basic directly following high school. I could be a slightly watered down program, with no following AIT...but it would give the a ton of life skills, some physical fitness, and some training most of them need...
  7. smokehouse

LOL...everyone claims to love free-speech until someone uses it to tell them to go fuck themselves. I've long been in favor of businesses being able to serve customers in any way they choose and yes, even if that means wear a mask while in their store. I can choose if I want to go there or...
  8. smokehouse

Can you blame them? There's a reason why so many became first time gun owners in 2020...
  9. smokehouse

This here is the kicker, and I've long said this. American politicians are complete idiots and are master level at fucking up even the most simplistic levels of government. Here in the US, there is no putting pandora back in the box, not with this one. This COVID (or whatever variant, or...
  10. smokehouse

So, if I'm reading that correctly, that would only apply to the government, correct? Going out to Boston last week, all airports still had very strick mask requirements as did gov funded mass transportation in/out of the city. ...but for privately owned businesses? Is it legal for someone to be...
  11. smokehouse

I'm really curious about the legality of that. Forcing an employee to take a specific vaccination doesn't seem like it would be legal. I can possibly see it for very specific jobs in healthcare, but that should be a more broad thing, requiring them to be up to date vaccinated at all times...
  12. smokehouse

Well...I guess it will soon be "here we go again"... My daughter, who happens to be vaccinated, was none too pleased when our super announced that they would be following Illinois and their recently announced mandatory masking in schools. As a matter of fact, her near exact response was "Well...
  13. smokehouse

Car Enthusiast Thread

After 6 years of owning a full size truck, I've come to the conclusion that the best truck,........is a borrowed truck. There are probably 5-10 times a year that I need a full sized truck to move things around. The other 355+ days a year? They suck. They are massive and living with them daily...
  14. smokehouse

Car Enthusiast Thread

I just noted this. The 4.6l gen Mustang is a fairly fun, but flawed car. My brother has an '03 convertible that he has done minor work on. He fixed what I felt were some of the major issues with that mustang, the stance, the exhaust, the brakes, the wheels. Minor things that add up and make for...
  15. smokehouse

Car Enthusiast Thread

I spent last week in a 2020 Ford Raptor (long story)...and... I was shocked at how little I liked this vehicle. It’s massive, it feels sloppy, the 10-speed trans is horrible, the V6 sounds terrible, the acceleration is shockingly poor and turbo lag is notable. The interior is fitted with super...
  16. smokehouse

Happy Birthday Smokehouse

Thanks for the kind words! Made it yet another year, so there's that. Kinda lowkey day today, its a work day. Have to hit the hay early today as we need to get up at 3 tomorrow for an early flight outta here, so not much going on tonight, either.
  17. smokehouse

Biz Markie Passes at 57

He was definitely one of a kind and was one of the main reasons why I got into beatboxing...something I still do to this day. A legend indeed, may he rest in peace.
  18. smokehouse

Does changing location change your life?

We moved from a larger city to a very small, rural "village" in Dec of 2018 (300 kids/grade vs 75). At the time, my daughter was 10 and we definitely had our reservations about it. We never intended for our daughter to go to a large school and wanted to move earlier, but 2008 kind of donk'd that...
  19. smokehouse

Does changing location change your life?

Looking back at it through the eyes of an adult, it wasn't a big deal...honestly, I went from being young for my grade to old. I was able to get my driver's license nearly a year before many of my classmates, which was pretty cool. In the end, it didn't make much of a difference. Sadly, at the...