Search results

1. BillyJoelZeta

What records are you listening to tonight?

I can't say I agree... ...but I will say that this particular album is probably three songs too long. Also, he very much has a "sound" now. Whereas the earlier stuff sounded like each song was a ground-up production, this one sounds like...well it sounds like studio time in LA is more expensive...
  2. BillyJoelZeta

I was very late in life to give Stevie Wonder a solid listen...I was a fool, that album in particular is amazing.
  3. BillyJoelZeta

Deer, oh dear

People who own guns, who come from that whole scene, who had parents who owned guns, kids who own guns, need some kind of fictional narrative to justify their stupid multigenerational circle jerk violence fantasy. There is no practical reason to be a gun nut unless you love violence and only...
  4. BillyJoelZeta

What anime are you watching?

I've never see whatever this is because the main series bored me to teers. I'm glad you liked it though, I encourage you to watch more anime, shorter things, non-TV things, non Jump/shonen things.
  5. BillyJoelZeta

Deer, oh dear

I’ve seen it for sale too, usually at family restaurants in BFE where presumably the alpha who owns the place likes to hunt. Broadly it’s not something people want. It’s not in the frozen isle at Meijer, it’s not a pizza topping at any pizza place, people don’t eat it on Christmas…people who...
  6. BillyJoelZeta

Deer, oh dear

Then why don’t they sell it anywhere?
  7. BillyJoelZeta

Deer, oh dear

Oh yeah, hunting. I totally forgot about that shit when I moved to Ann Arbor like 12 years ago. Most of my memories of venison are of people trying and failing to give it away…which may be the ultimate alpha failure. “Here, I have provided for us all!” “Yeah…we’re going to have leftover...
  8. BillyJoelZeta

Someone tried to kill Takeshi Kitano

Japan is so cute. Getting a third strike because the knife is over 10cm, hilarious. Here in the US people are shooting to death anyone who enters their driveway. Our Power Rangers actually kill people with actual swords.
  9. BillyJoelZeta

There are, it’s kind of weird.
  10. BillyJoelZeta

Putin calling out the west ...

I like judo a lot, I don’t practice it anymore but it’s my favorite of all the MA I’ve messed with. HOWEVER I’m going to have to say Putin probably sticks with Judo because he doesn’t want to eat anyone’s foot and lose a tooth. I think he chose Judo because he’s a pussy and doesn’t want to even...
  11. BillyJoelZeta

Nothing is gayer than MMA.
  12. BillyJoelZeta

In a perfect world all international disputes, if any, would be solved by their leaders fighting to the death in a pit. Since that isn’t really where the world is I question WTF the point was of that post. I never questioned his ability or intent to kill other people, in fact that’s my main...
  13. BillyJoelZeta

In no way is he a moral authority on anything. If evil exists, then he’s a very pure example of it. If you’re on the steering committee for AssassinCon 2022 then maybe look him up, otherwise fuck that piece of shit.
  14. BillyJoelZeta

“…and we all know how much GG appreciated a solid release.” I said it so nobody else had to.
  15. BillyJoelZeta

G rated covers of GG songs, the jokes are only funny if you know the originals. It was a WFMU giveaway some time ago. To be honest…it’s a pretty solid release. It’s probably all on YouTube now.
  16. BillyJoelZeta

For the regular posters in this thread I have a question: is your main record store older than the vinyl boom (is it 20th century) or is it new? Around here have the legit places that are older than me or my stereo, then there are these new “RSD depot” kind of places that never have any good...
  17. BillyJoelZeta

Capcom’s rivalry with SNK and why Capcom was slow to produce 3D fighting games

Those shitty games resurrected fighting (in the US)! I do not like them though.
  18. BillyJoelZeta

Metal Slug is (maybe) being ported to Mega Drive

IIRC Fatal Fury Special worked *OK* on the MegaCD but had noticeable animation cuts and wasn’t the sound also rough? KOF 94 as delivered on MVS is about %50 bigger (150 vs 196 mega) and it requires more assets at once (six fighters) meaning it would at the very least torture you with loading...