Search results

1. dark penguin

OTTAWA AREA - PCBS/SUPERGUN/ARCADE POSTERS

Sorry, guys....all items were sold as a lot.
  2. dark penguin

Pulstar and the HRAP2 are sold.
  3. dark penguin

Selling off all my PCBs etc. For anyone located in the Ottawa area, I'm willing to drop off items on weekends. I've been holding off shipping so far since Canada Post was on strike and is backlogged. I'd consider shipping some of the items if there was real interest. I realize that some of the...
  4. dark penguin

GP2X Wiz: Less than a month away?

I have an F200 but have pretty much given up on it after the latest HEN releases for the PSP have made it no-brains easy to "hack" and run emus on. I have my PSP slim as my main emu device now, although I think I need to wait for ChickHEN r3 for more a robust emu library. The battery situation...
  5. dark penguin

FS/FT: PCBs Galore: Vendetta 2p, In the Hunt, Gate of Doom, DDragon II, et. al.

For all of you maybe sitting on the fence about ordering from Dan, just go ahead and do it. Seriously one of the best transactions I've ever had online. He wasn't kidding when he said he puts a lot of effort into the packing. There were even dessicate packets in there!
  6. dark penguin

CPS1 Suicide batteries...Mouser #?

I want to keep it as close to original as possible. The only time I'll phoenix it is if it actually dies.
  7. dark penguin

Yea...thinking about it....may save half the trouble next time. I'll still need the helper battery though.
  8. dark penguin

So, I just bought Astrodan's Captain Commando board and I'm going to swap the suicide battery. If I'm ordering from Mouser, can anyone tell me which brand of battery would be best to throw on there? Yea, they have a million different 2032 varieties. I think the original one on there is a...
  9. dark penguin

FS: Raiden DX PCB with US marqee SOLD

I got a trade for ya. PM sent!
  10. dark penguin

WTB> PSP slim

There is a new(from last month) software-only TIFF exploit that works on most if not all motherboards and revisions. Google ChickHEN r2.
  11. dark penguin

WayForward wants to resurrect Metroid 2D, Rygar, Milon, Karnov, more retro franchises

Wayforward rocks. I really enjoyed Sigma Star Saga and Contra IV...when they're not handling shovelware, this dev studio is capable of making great 2D games. And as for another 2D Metroid? I think my sig pic says it all. Fusion(pt 4) was awesome and I've been patiently awaiting pt 5.
  12. dark penguin

Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Same here....one of my favorite PCBs. I love all the hidden bonus items.
  13. dark penguin

A Boy and His Blob: THE WII SEQUEL

That is some beautiful art direction. What a sin that the best we'll get out of it is 480p.
  14. dark penguin

FA: Dreamcast+iMac+LCD= iCast! - Ending today!

Damn, that's some nice work.
  15. dark penguin

Sony reduces lifespan estimate of PS3 - The 10-year plan scrapped

There are plenty of articles on the web right now talking about the rumored $100 price drop...cnet just did a piece on it, saying we very well may see one in april. That right there would probably be the clincher for me. I was actually debating buying one this weekend, as I have some spare...
  16. dark penguin

What are the best horizontal Jamma shooters?

I paid around $150 for it...maybe a bit less. I figured I might never see another one for sale in the foreseeable future, so I pounced. Awesome PCB...not really worth a hell of a lot, but one of my favorite boards simply because you never see it for sale. It looks awesome run through an...
  17. dark penguin

Capcom cps1 problems

As far as compatibility between boards goes, I use this handy chart: http://www.arcadecollecting.com/info/cps-b_numbers.html If you scroll down to the bottom they have a couple lines explaining C board swapping and the chart itself shows which games carry which board revision.
  18. dark penguin

What are the best horizontal Jamma shooters?

I got myself a Metal Black PCB recently...damn, I love that game. No complex scoring system or anything, and the gameplay is not very deep...but the bosses and atmosphere are amazing. Definitely one of my favorite horizontal shooters, although I'm sure a bunch of people will disagree.
  19. dark penguin

Unopened Dracula X - Now open

He should just go ahead and do this either way, assuming he doesn't already have it. That's a great collection of games, and the remake is actually pretty well done.
  20. dark penguin

Unopened Dracula X - Now open

Can you even be really certain that's the original wrap? Lots of re-seals floating around out there. I would just open it.