Search results

1. Retrogamer

Stealthlurker has passed away.

Clint ‘Jigen’ Gorman was my first Internet friend to die.
  2. Retrogamer

Stealthlurker has passed away.

I have been friends with Julius for a long time, and when he went silent for a week I did a search and found out he died of complications from a stroke. He was an amazing person, and super down to earth for someone with such a stellar collection. Rest In Peace old friend. His sister set up a...
  3. Retrogamer

### Post your PIC - Official Thread ###

It’s been about 15 years since I last posted my pic in this thread, it’s a good time for an update
  4. Retrogamer

Neo Geo AES Crackling Sound

cleaned the pins and no change, however upon further testing I have noticed some games have a bit of screen flicker when higher pitched sounds go through the system, also the no sound is coming through the red (right channel) is not working. i'm guessing the mod board went bad, or it might be...
  5. Retrogamer

Neo Geo AES Crackling Sound

My buddy has and AES that has intermittent crackling static popping sound. Tried both through the headphones and normal connection with the same results. It might be important to note that the system has been RGB modded, but worked fine as such for years.
  6. Retrogamer

Does anyone have experience with the Universal Monitor Chassis?

I’m well versed in repairing old chassis (just fixed the one at my shop) but my home project cab has been on hold for quite some time. I’m currently stuck because I can’t find the flyback for the chassis my home cab has, so a universal chassis might be my only choice here. I checked the...
  7. Retrogamer

SEGA CDX Problems Reading CD games.

Let me give you a full progress report before guesses are made. Was presented a CDX unit that was not reading CD games, Genesis carts play fine but CD does not spin and screen says "no disc" Unit has original OEM power supply. Upon opening the unit I took note that the copper shielding inside...
  8. Retrogamer

So I came to vent about Battle Princess Madelyn!

That’s another interesting issue. The Newer version for the switch is not released yet, the only way to find out is if you preorder it within the 2 week period that LR will have it available to buy, it’s a total crapshoot. There is a absolutely different physical release in Japan for Switch...
  9. Retrogamer

So I came to vent about Battle Princess Madelyn!

I’m sure a lot of you know about Battle Princess Madelyn all ready, but for those who don’t, long story short it’s a game that was crowdfunded via Kickstarter on March of 2017. The game was supposed to be a homage to the Makaimura (Ghosts n Goblins) games starring the developer’s daughter and...
  10. Retrogamer

Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Not sure if anyone noticed yet, or if this is common knowledge. I noticed that the cart has what seems to be micro LEDs inside, at least 2 colors perhaps 3. They are towards the bottom on the back side a bit to the left of the hologram sticker. They blink at different intervals during different...
  11. Retrogamer

Ukyo, did you pay for expedited shipping? Mine shipped last Wednesday. Trying to get an idea when it will arrive.
  12. Retrogamer

Just got my shipping confirmation too! Now the second wait.
  13. Retrogamer

I don’t know why people are still shocked when it comes to delays with Independent developers, it’s just par for the course.
  14. Retrogamer

New AES cart reprints announced!!

Exactly, cause that WAS real. and I am glad its a memory that stuck :)
  15. Retrogamer

Well like many of you said, this might be bullshit, I think I found the original image that was used before the Retrobit logo was photoshopped onto it Source: https://sg.carousell.com/p/snk-neogeo-garou-mark-of-the-wolves-187499071/ Your welcome Edit it’s DEFINITELY the same cart as you can...
  16. Retrogamer

Well like many of you said, this might be bullshit, I think I found the original image that was used before the Retrobit logo was photoshopped onto it Source: https://sg.carousell.com/p/snk-neogeo-garou-mark-of-the-wolves-187499071/ Your welcome
  17. Retrogamer

I am a MVS guy, seeing this makes me consider getting an AES for shits and giggles, I just wish they were planning on making more than 6 carts. It all boils down to what games they do plan on releasing however. If they were to release Samurai V Special, you know all kinds of shit will hit the...
  18. Retrogamer

Laseractive PAC-S10 Battery question

I am prepping to recap my PAC-S10 SEGA module, and on the Console 5 website it seems to be recommended to change the battery as well. They recommend adding a horizontal battery holder but to the bottom of the unit rather than the top of the board. Has anyone done this repair/modification? I...
  19. Retrogamer

In The Hunt and Metal Slug connection.

Interesting thought... It’s no secret that the folks that made In The Hunt went on to make Metal Slug. But did you ever consider the 2 Games to be part of the same universe? I’ve been playing Slug a lot this past week and I have been taking in all of the pixel work and noticing things I never...
  20. Retrogamer

New Limited Edition of Inside for PS4 comes with something made by Realdoll

I am 8bit is releasing a mysterious Limited edition of "Inside" for PS4 with a price tag of 375$! The scary thing is they are not even mentioning what comes in it, except for the fact that Realdoll is involved 😅 seriously WTF https://store.iam8bit.com/collections/playdead