Search results

1. neofreak696

NEOSD AES Support thread !

So I received my NeoSD a few days ago. I can confirm what others have said about the flickering pixels from time to time. It seems random with boot ups but definitely more frequent with certain games. Also after I installed my UniBios the option to change the bios has been greyed out. Now I read...
  2. neofreak696

Post Your Recent Purchases!

Got this a few days ago
  3. neofreak696

AES resetting

So I've discovered my step-down transformer I was using is messed up. I got a new Neo and it started resetting too. I got a new transformer and it works fine now. Unfortunately the other one that I originally had the problem with has been damaged by the transformer and keeps resetting with the...
  4. neofreak696

AES resetting

So I gave up... Ordered another Neo today. Found one cheap on eBay last night. Gonna clean this one up and once my new Neo arrives, I will place this one up on eBay as "Needs repair" for someone else to try and fix. Fuck it.
  5. neofreak696

Last one for awhile, still waiting for my NeoSD to be shipped.
  6. neofreak696

AES resetting

Tomorrow im going to check traces as recommended by Jeff Kurtz. Im hoping I find a bad one. That's something I can fix running a wire from point A to B. Shall see
  7. neofreak696

AES resetting

Thanks, I will check it out tomorrow on my day off. Is there any data sheet that shows what the value of the capacitors should read when powered on I could look at? I thought it only started resetting after I re capped it but im not entirely sure. Maybe one of the capacitors isn't getting a...
  8. neofreak696

AES resetting

I sent him a PM, thanks.
  9. neofreak696

AES resetting

Can anyone recommend someone who does professional repair work here in the states I could possibly send my neo out to? I feel fixing this is beyond me.
  10. neofreak696

AES resetting

I checked it and it's solid. Very tight and wiggling it does nothing. Tried official Neo power 3 adapter, Genesis 1 adapter and 3rd party AC adapters and all give the same results. So I feel I can safely rule out the AC adapter or jack.
  11. neofreak696

AES resetting

Unibios 3.2, supposed to be white if everything is ok. As of version 3.0 it was changed from blue to white.
  12. neofreak696

AES resetting

Ok not completely sure about the last post now. This sucks
  13. neofreak696

AES resetting

Ok this is really odd, the longer it's on the less it seems to do it. It will keep resetting for awhile, about 5 to 10 minutes or so then finally seems to clear up. I can actually get some matches in Fatal Fury 3 now. But if I start it up cold after having it off for a little bit. It goes right...
  14. neofreak696

AES resetting

No, they are honestly in great shape. Im wonder if I screwed something up when I did my re cap job.
  15. neofreak696

AES resetting

White screen
  16. neofreak696

AES resetting

Im going to scream, can't seem to not have something go wrong with my AES anymore. It now resets itself constantly. Everything is clean, I removed all my mods (S Video /Audio jacks) etc. Nothing helps. It seems to do it the most with Fatal Fury 3. Sometimes it gets farther and will do it...
  17. neofreak696

This shit is like a cancerous drug that once it festers it slowly begins to grow

Still have Fatal Fury 3 and my NeoSD on the way. But at least its a start. Probably wont get anymore carts for awhile. Time to payoff some bills first.
  18. neofreak696

Ive obtained yet another holy of holiest grails. Behold its magnificence glory...
  19. neofreak696

Can someone point me to a non official memory card that will work?

I bought a couple 68 pin cards off ebay and none of them work with my AES. They give a error if I boot with them inserted and in the memory card manager they won't format. Always says write protected when I try to format. Thanks