The most average Neo game you've played

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Not good, not bad, just that awkward middle of the road. A game not worth writing home about, you probably forgot about it until this thread.

My pick is Fatal Fury 2. It is sandwiched between the immensely unique Fatal Fury 1 and the instant classic that is Fatal Fury Special. Fatal Fury 2 is so average and middling, even its Genesis/MD port is massively more interesting.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Metal Slug 4, I watched BBH's neo rank masters on it last night and it's pretty much forgettable and doesn't really need to exist. It's not an 'awful' game by any means and some people prefer it over 3, but it's just so uninspired and middling and forgettable.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I love how the sphero symphony logo is a stylised negative of the imperial japanese flag.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
ASO 2 is the best shmup on the neo

Spoiler:

:oops:

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Neo Bomberman. Really every bomberman game is mid at best.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Neo Bomberman. Really every bomberman game is mid at best.

You’re not wrong about Neo Bomberman. You are wrong about Bomberman itself though. Only 5/6 of all Bomberman games are lame. A few are fantastic.

Neo Bomberman is four players which is uh…not enough for fucking Bomberman. The standard was four or five on nearly every system.

EDIT: sorry, meant to say that Neo is two players.

Last edited:

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
You’re not wrong about Neo Bomberman. You are wrong about Bomberman itself though. Only 5/6 of all Bomberman games are lame. A few are fantastic.

Neo Bomberman is four players which is uh…not enough for fucking Bomberman. The standard was four or five on nearly every system.
I just never got the appeal even when playing "the good ones". Similar to how I feel about Viewpoint.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Aggressors of Dark Kombat.

Its fun for a little while, but ultimately I just choose to play something else.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member

Is 4 player possible on Neo Geo Hardware somehow?

Saturn Bomberman local multiplayer will probably never be beaten for fun factor.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I just never got the appeal even when playing "the good ones". Similar to how I feel about Viewpoint.

Good Bomberman requires local multiplayer. It doesn’t really have any other use. The one player modes are just a bonus.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Good Bomberman requires local multiplayer. It doesn’t really have any other use. The one player modes are just a bonus.
Except Saturn Bomberman; the adventure and master modes are fun. Though, it's multiplayer is also epic and of course the primary reason to own it as well as a saturn multi-tap or two.