What records are you listening to tonight?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
2207FB33-4797-47BB-9694-E5F2A754D61E.jpegFC5B8DD7-C760-44C6-BCA8-FD2D9D119EB5.jpeg

Thrones makes me happy musically…even if Joe Preston leaves a lot to be desired as a person.

Down-tuned bass + pitch shifting = some fun, heavy noise. He’s more than a one man band as Thrones…he’s one man nuking a recording studio.

This double 12” comp is called, ‘A Day Late-and a Dollar Short.’

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
here's my artsy smellsoffeta style shot

Attachments

• 20230422_212745.jpg
    20230422_212745.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 10

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Released in 77 but cut from tapes recorded much earlier, probably without permission at the time. Laff Records was not known for their scrupulous behavior. Some of the gags on this disc really show the Cosby influence. This is a super funny record.4A896F53-ECDA-48C6-AF2E-F65866F2EF02.jpeg

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
80s hair metal rockin
20230428-093015.jpg

prof

Haha, all the 80s hair metal hate. Bring it on, boys. Ain't no guilty pleasure here, I grew up with that shit. :D

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
While I do sometimes enjoy a very small number of cock rock bands…Europe…maybe one or two Cinderella songs…overall it’s one of the hollowest shittiest genres ever. The way that shit just…took over the world, basically thanks to MTV, and pumped out endless cookie cutter ripoffs of each other.

And Warrant specifically…back then it was simply the worst shit ever. Now we have Nu Rock and whatever that cyber country shit is but back in the 80s it was state of the art shit. Seeing the entire scene totally crater out over the past 30 years has been very satisfying. You can still buy real metal and real disco and real hiphop and real klezmer but pretty much nobody makes cock rock anymore except parody bands.

prof

Meh, probably nostalgia for me mostly. I'd never call any of it artistic masterpieces. Ha
I cast a wide net when it comes to music though. Time and a place for just about any genre for me.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Meh, probably nostalgia for me mostly. I'd never call any of it artistic masterpieces. Ha
I cast a wide net when it comes to music though. Time and a place for just about any genre for me.

I’m a WCBN and WFMU super fan so I’m potentially in the mood for any type of music. When The Avalanches dropped Bon Jovi on top of Simian it blew my mind. Some stuff is just too crap though and what’s worse is that it was omnipresent back in the day. It displaced actually good music. You could watch Post Modern MTV for part of one night a week and the rest was all LA Guns and Winger and all that crap. All teased hair and assless chaps…all trying to sound more like a gay Cobra Commander than the last asshole…

…shit makes KISS seem almost good by comparison.

prof

I’m a WCBN and WFMU super fan so I’m potentially in the mood for any type of music. When The Avalanches dropped Bon Jovi on top of Simian it blew my mind.
Reminds me of the live "Halcyon" on the bonus disc of Orbital's Insides from back in the day. Where they sampled and mixed Bon Jovi and Belinda Carlisle. Around the 5:30 mark.