Interesting New AES-Style Consolized MV-1B on Aliexpress

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Man…I know this was posted a year ago but damn how much I wanted this to be funded back in the days
We tried but not enough interest due to the unexpected high cost. I think everyone was expecting prices from $5-10 each which was probably doable if it was made in China but that would have sacrificed the quality of the product hard.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Wait…didn’t you preorder one of these dumb Aliexpress collectard whalers on the moon abominations? What’s the difference? It’s a pretend shell.
Can you please read the thread before commenting? Preorder? Abomination?
The whole point of these is to look better than putting a mvs board in a pizza box, I just happened to think what he linked was ugly. No one is pretending this is anything more than plastic here champ.

btw this still hasn't arrived, I had extremely bad luck with it but at least it already cleared customs. Should be here this week.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Can you please read the thread before commenting? Preorder? Abomination?
The whole point of these is to look better than putting a mvs board in a pizza box, I just happened to think what he linked was ugly. No one is pretending this is anything more than plastic here champ.

btw this still hasn't arrived, I had extremely bad luck with it but at least it already cleared customs. Should be here this week.

Yeah yeah…but why is the dumb fake plastic shell you ordered better than another dumb fake plastic shell with a tray? They are both pretend cosplay bullshit.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
yes, because it's more visually pleasant, thanks for dropping by

Yeah in the pics the fake AES consoles don’t look too shitty. Be interested to hear/see what yours turns out like.

Only benefit I can see with the MVS to CD console box kit shit thing is that it comes with a hdmi cable for a modern TV. That will probably have crap picture quality anyway.

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
Yeah in the pics the fake AES consoles don’t look too shitty. Be interested to hear/see what yours turns out like.

Only benefit I can see with the MVS to CD console box kit shit thing is that it comes with a hdmi cable for a modern TV. That will probably have crap picture quality anyway.
The shell is quality, the only worry is having some crap junk mvs pcb in it or shit video quality from the jamma harness + converters. If it's broken I can get a refund, but if it works and its "just" crap, no luck. Hard to fit a custom setup in that cramped shell so it has to be what comes with it.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Yeah, I ordered one, I like the look.

Kinda bummed since I heard 4 of them have needed repairs already.

20230309_203712.jpg

EDIT I played 3 1/2 hours with no problems. Anything comes up I'll mention it. Time to dig out real Slugs.

Last edited:

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
It’s great that people are so in love with a fake-ass bootleg shell that they destroy PCBs shoving them in there as an afterthought. Nothing matters more than the board and electronics, seriously!

WTF is that pile of knock-off bullshit? Fake cart, fake case, a thing that looks like a USB thumb drive, and the top of what looks like a (probably bootleg) skeleton Saturn pad. Where the fucking hood at?

This is the game system for someone who steals cable and decorates their car. It’s more dumb than the dumbest modern day SNK package.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, I ordered one, I like the look.

Kinda bummed since I heard 4 of them have needed repairs already.

EDIT I played 3 1/2 hours with no problems. Anything comes up I'll mention it. Time to dig out real Slugs.

To be fair, I think mine having issues was my own damn fault. The repaired unit works fine.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
It’s great that people are so in love with a fake-ass bootleg shell that they destroy PCBs shoving them in there as an afterthought. Nothing matters more than the board and electronics, seriously!

WTF is that pile of knock-off bullshit? Fake cart, fake case, a thing that looks like a USB thumb drive, and the top of what looks like a (probably bootleg) skeleton Saturn pad. Where the fucking hood at?

This is the game system for someone who steals cable and decorates their car. It’s more dumb than the dumbest modern day SNK package.

Who hurt you?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

Okay, so let's break it down.

These mobos are laying around in piles of old arcade equipment everywhere, looking for homes. Home users generally love them and want them. They obviously can't all go in cabs, so people need a way to play them, which means a supergun or consolized. Either way, these MVS boards are getting loved instead of lying rotting in a pile somewhere. I've seen some janky-ass CMVS designs, but at least this one is true enough to the original Neo Geo aesthetic, and has some QOL improvements like video connections and USB controller ports. Some day the stock of old mobos laying around will be depleted, but tell me you have a better plan?

The jank-ass multi cart is ugly trash, but it's understandable why people buy them. Real games cost money, flash carts are very expensive and currently impossible to come by. You can play the whole library on an emulator or Mister -- At least this gets you real hardware.

The USB thumb drive thing is a wireless controller. Not my cup of tea, but it's convenient for people to hold something that's not tethered to the console. Some people have kids or pets that mess with the cables. Again, at least you're playing on a real system, if that's your goal.

We can't all be fanatical pursists like you, sorry. I'm happy to see people still enjoying real Neo Geo hardware, regardless.

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
They obviously can't all go in cabs, so people need a way to play them, which means a supergun or consolized. Either way, these MVS boards are getting loved instead of lying rotting in a pile somewhere. I've seen some janky-ass CMVS designs, but at least this one is true enough to the original Neo Geo aesthetic, and has some QOL improvements like video connections and USB controller ports. Some day the stock of old mobos laying around will be depleted, but tell me you have a better plan?
"but tell me you have a better plan?"

A MVS board plugged into a harness, on a cab or a control box/supergun is going to be used, isn't that the best way of preserving these motherboards? Failing components get noticed and replaced, and they get to serve their purpose once more, it can't get any better than this for your preservationist angle.

The multicarts are fine despite the usual chinese tackiness, even better for the bananacart because of Unibios 4.0's Pick-n-mix feature. They're fine unless someone wants to pretend they weren't used and liked at some point by virtually everyone in this forum.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The Saturn controller is like the Neo. A = A, B =B, X = C, Y = D.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
that feeling when you realize a bare mvs board on a supergun is "knock-off bulshit" since they were meant to reside in arcade cabinets

this man is angry about a wireless saturn pad, let that sink in.

…do you know what a knock-off is?

An SNK-made PCB isn’t knock-off regardless of where it is. SNK made it…it’s real. It’s real in a cab, it’s real on the moon.

With that thing up there I’m looking at literally not a single SNK made thing. It’s knock-off no matter where it is. Only the PCB is real and it’s hidden.

I’m not “angry” about a Saturn controller…but the avoidance of anything that looks or feels or is real SNK seems almost religious, deliberately steered towards trashy. Like one of those old VW Beetles with the fake Rolls grill grafted on. It’s total Frankenstein freak show garbage. I’m surprised it doesn’t have a smoke machine built in.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
…do you know what a knock-off is?

An SNK-made PCB isn’t knock-off regardless of where it is. SNK made it…it’s real. It’s real in a cab, it’s real on the moon.

With that thing up there I’m looking at literally not a single SNK made thing. It’s knock-off no matter where it is. Only the PCB is real and it’s hidden.

I’m not “angry” about a Saturn controller…but the avoidance of anything that looks or feels or is real SNK seems almost religious, deliberately steered towards trashy. Like one of those old VW Beetles with the fake Rolls grill grafted on. It’s total Frankenstein freak show garbage. I’m surprised it doesn’t have a smoke machine built in.
Whatever factory made you needs to take you back.

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
IMG_0378.jpg

hey signofzeta