Buying/Selling/Trading on the forums?

Iconoclast12

New Challenger
What all needs to happen in order for a newer member to buy/sell/trade on the forums? I have a couple games I'm looking to either sell or trade for other games, and i'd much rather they go to people on here than some random on ebay, or where they'll sit on ebay for several months with people just looking at them.. I don't want to seem impatient, but I really want to sell or trade these games and time is a factor.. Let me know, and thanks!

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Hmmmmnnnn.... lets see now..... Join date of 2015..... 30 posts to date...... :unsure:

Nope. Sorry. Can't fathom what the issue could be.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Locking the market down was a bad call.
I have mixed feelings about this. If it was an open free for all it would be a cesspool of shitty resellers and collectors like the FB groups, instead of a spot for people who are here for other reasons to trade with each other. I might be up for opening it back up under the condition that regulars can shit all over posters and threads that are straight up retarded in the genuine NG.com way.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I have mixed feelings about this. If it was an open free for all it would be a cesspool of shitty resellers and collectors like the FB groups, instead of a spot for people who are here for other reasons to trade with each other. I might be up for opening it back up under the condition that regulars can shit all over posters and threads that are straight up retarded in the genuine NG.com way.
If it gave us some fresh blood to drink it would be worth every flip

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I dunno, I seem to remember a bit of drama back in the olden days.

If anything it would just require a tad more vigilance.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
What was wrong with the way it was before? It was lively and, frankly, a big reason why a lot of people came here. Of course the membership here always did moderate what happened in the market to an extent. Of course there was a bit of drama, but has any section of this forum ever been drama free?

At this point though, the damage is probably done for good.

Iconoclast12

New Challenger
Hmmmmnnnn.... lets see now..... Join date of 2015..... 30 posts to date...... :unsure:

Nope. Sorry. Can't fathom what the issue could be.
:ROFLMAO::LOL: It's mostly just because of how busy I am.. Full time parent, overtime job and my hobbies as well as other things.. Life can be hectic.. I typically only post if I have a question or a real issue that I think needs brought up.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
We should do a poll about this.
If you're making changes, can you fix the feedback system? All the feedback scores have been frozen since the forum software change. Roker finally got a positive feedback after 20 years and the poor bastard still has a zero feedback score.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
:ROFLMAO::LOL: It's mostly just because of how busy I am.. Full time parent, overtime job and my hobbies as well as other things.. Life can be hectic.. I typically only post if I have a question or a real issue that I think needs brought up.

Much of which I can appreciate, really I can. However, it was decided a long time a go that in the interests of preserving some integrity to the marketplace (which had become something of a wild west) only active community memebers would have the privlidge of using the marketplace.

You may well be a stand up guy, but you're not an active community member, so no market access for you. That's not me being funny, that's a fact. Sorry.

You'll need to use either eBay or FB - or if you're close to an active member who has a good sellers rep, use them as a third party.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Im not a huge user of the market...
that's just threads you started going back a couple pages, not necessarily ones you've bought from...:kekeke:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
7 threads in 2 years? Damn ebay, watch out. My sales are going through teh ROOF