Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
My brother had to once again rent DVD's by mail in Japan for the upcoming Bakatonosama video, which will be available on Sunday. He ripped and translated his own subtitles for the video, as there are no online sources for the shows.
FmU8rolX0AAjuqb.jpg

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Bakatonosama Mahjong Manyuki is up.

Since it's mahjong, this will be a chance to learn about a game that most have probably never played through before. Hopefully Youtube will be able to keep up with the demand and their servers won't crash from this one. Please be respectful of Youtube's bandwidth and take turns watching it! I don't want to get an angry message from Youtube when this goes too viral.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
God those sketch clips were painful... I was actually enjoying the arrow one until they got to the bird poop part lol.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
God those sketch clips were painful... I was actually enjoying the arrow one until they got to the bird poop part lol.
The toilet humor is a good representation of Bakatonosama. In the Game Boy Advance game he farts and flushes a toilet to roll the dice each turn.

My brother watched two entire DVD's and he said those were aa good as it got. I do think some of the actors' expressions are very funny.

Last edited:

Quandale

n00b
I've always been a big fan of game review content on YouTube, I'll take a look at your channel

venchia3

n00b
I know I’m late to the party but…wow the content you are uploading is so very good!

Since yesterday I’m hooked watching your Neo reviews playlist and enjoying the hell out of it! Very in depth and some anecdotes were totally unknown to me :)

Thanks for this really, hope to see more in the future

KGRAMR

Another Striker

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Here's Thrash Rally/Rally Chase:

It's not a bad top down racer for the Neo Geo, and i wished more of them came out on Neo Geo. It's just that Neo Drift Out is fucking godlike XD. Good video, by the way!

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I still thought the Genesis version was pretty fun, Alec. I liked it more than you did back in the day anyway. I missed out on the Snes version though. Looks decent, but since it's more of a direct port, not really much point nowadays when you can just play the original. Would've been great at the time though. The Genesis version is actually fairly unique in comparison the neo original gameplay-wise. So it's still worth checking out.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Why wasnt there King of Monsters 3? Because 2 was such a turd. I know arcade games are supposed to use cheap shots, but #2 was just egregious with the grapple system.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I still thought the Genesis version was pretty fun, Alec. I liked it more than you did back in the day anyway. I missed out on the Snes version though. Looks decent, but since it's more of a direct port, not really much point nowadays when you can just play the original. Would've been great at the time though. The Genesis version is actually fairly unique in comparison the neo original gameplay-wise. So it's still worth checking out.
Glad you like the Genesis one, but give me back my 1.99 for the rental please.

The SNES one a direct port? The difficulty is completely different, making the game actually playable. Plus the new charge meter gives it a whole new dynamic. It may follow the whole game (minus the bonus stages) but it's a very different experience.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
It's good to know you and your son still watch! I'm sorry the videos aren't more frequent. I'm sure it must seem like an eternity in kid time.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
A little late to the party, but another great video Neo Alec. Looking forward to Sengoku 2.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Are we still doing this? Here's Sengoku 2.

Part two a definite improvement over the first one even if the game is over before you know it.I consider myself rather lucky to have a loose copy of it at least.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Sengoku 2 - the best SNK brawler. Great review @Neo Alec

When friends come over who are unfamiliar with SNK/Neo stuff or don't like fighting games, Sengoku 2 is my go to. It's just so wacky, weird, and charming. It's always a favorite.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Yeah, i don't see much redeeming in the Sengoku series. It feels like a cheap console port of an arcade game when you compare it to the Capcom brawlers of the day.