Vaping THC

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Question from someone well out of the loop.

A mate is selling THC vapes, like these:

Screen-Shot-2022-03-03-at-1.50.28-PM.png

He wants a fair few quid each for them.

Now I look online and can find them here:

Here they cost fuck all. It's a UK company selling them.

Few questions.

1) THC is illegal here as far as I know, what do you think is going on, do the 4.99 ones have no THC in them? Empty vapes maybe?
2) Are they any good anyway?
3) Do they keep? By that, I mean if I want to take a few hits one night then leave it in a drawer for a month, will it die in the meantime?

Old man over and out.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
if it's anything like the US, people pretend CBD and delta-8-THC have similar outcomes. the difference is they are legal. They don't do anything, but they are called THC derivatives so suckers think it's something.

The small vapes themselves work just fine if you have actual THC oil.

edit: yes, the ones you are linking are just the vape pens with nothing in them.

Last edited:

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Don’t fuck around with bullshit, man. If you have to ask questions about something on a forum you shouldn’t be smoking it. You’re just going to get ripped off or poisoned. Find the oldest stoner you know and talk to him about this stuff instead.

FWIW, 1g of the highest grade oil in a disposable vape will be $20-50 here. Lower grades don’t even make the rounds anymore.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
CBD is legal but THC isn’t, unless it’s a tiny amount. Those sticks are either illegal or made out of someones pubes.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
if it's anything like the US, people pretend CBD and delta-8-THC have similar outcomes. the difference is they are legal. They don't do anything, but they are called THC derivatives so suckers think it's something.
D-8 can fuck you up bad :/

I remember issues here with synthetic cannabinoids before weed was legal. Never had a friend get ill etc from actual weed, only the fake / synthesized bullshit.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Do yourself a favor and get a Pax3 loose leaf vaporizer. It’s clean, the flavor is great and you can use the remnants to bake with and get high again.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Looking over the site I think those are indeed empty vapes, but come with packaging to help people peddle them. I'd be quite wary.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
D-8 can fuck you up bad :/

I remember issues here with synthetic cannabinoids before weed was legal. Never had a friend get ill etc from actual weed, only the fake / synthesized bullshit.
There's a lot of shady ass D8 stuff out there. Anything you see sold in mass quantities and pre-packaged is total garbage. There's a dispensary down the street from me that actually cares about what they sell and they offer D8 flower made in small batches by an independent company and it's extremely high quality. I've used it before as a mixer with actual weed that's way too strong. Obviously it's not very strong on it's own but a couple hits are still is enough to get you nicely buzzed and it has an extremely high CBD content.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
It's fair to say the comments in here have put me off. Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Try the CBD soft drinks on Amazon.

Pro tip - mix them with gin.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
They aren't that good, they will get you high but it's weird and not quite the same as the smokeable kind. Honestly more trouble than they're worth even without considering the chinese mystery juice that will coat your lungs. 10/10 avoid.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Tbh I'm not really interested in cbd. Sounds like a con to me.

They (CBD drinks) chill you out / reduce a bit of anxiety which can help get a good nights sleep, but it’s a crap effect compared to real pot or even booze. So I’ve used them as mixers to cut back on alcohol during the week.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I vape two kinds of flower. 1 is CBD flower because like madman said, it does chill you out a bit, helps you focus, etc. I use it when Im stressed at work. I also vape D8 flower, or THCP/HHC flower depending on if I have any of the others. Those can get you "high" but it is a very low to moderate high. More low than moderate 99.9% of the time.

If you want to compare being high on standard weed to being drunk, (its not but humor me) the D8 high is like having enough beer/liquor to get you to relax. You still don't want to drive or operate heavy machinery on the low end of tipsy, but you're also not completely smashed.

Its more of a "tipsy" high than a true high. And it only lasts maybe 10 minutes or so.

edit: redundancy

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
they're some culty ass people.
This is very true, they claim CBD can help with all kinds of ridiculous bullshit and try to get you on board. I will say I've noticed that if I smoke weed with lots of THC very little CBD the high is usually not very pleasant. It tends to be almost speedy and you get racing thoughts and sometimes a little panicy.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I bought a vape a couple years ago and still haven't finished it.
It hits real rough and it's always clogged when I first go to use it.
That's somewhat OK because it doesn't take much to rock your world.
I've tried all kinds of different batteries at different settings, same results.

I've had other peoples and they hit smoother.
I like the concept though, it's small... portable, doesn't stink.
It's like tobacco vaping, it has a smell but dissipates quickly and doesn't leave a lingering stench like smoking does.
Or at least I can't smell it.

Weed these days is real dank and you can smell it 100 miles away versus 2 back in the day.
Parking lots always smell like everyone just smoked in it.

Next time I go to a shop in Michigan I'll try of a few more different kinds.

Just watch out, the stuff's strong.
It would be perfect for keeping in the glove box and having a quick light hit at the beginning of the day or on lunch break if it didn't mess you up so much.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Here's your reference on price. I was out in rural California about 2 hours away from a major city this week.
1g THC disposable vapes were $25. Reputable brand.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Michigan is amazing right now if you're in the right spot. My town zoned off a weed district and there's so much competition prices have plummeted for the most part. Quality is decent, but I mostly use extracts.