NeoGeo CD SD Loader

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Yes, I explained what I did to fix the issue in my post that you quoted. I.E. Try putting fewer games on your card to see if it fixes the issue. You can even try 1 game to see what happens.

codetvirus

n00b
Thanks a lot. Yesterday ill try to remove the majongs games as you subject but nothing change. The weird thing is that already have more games but when i update to patch some games the problem begins. Ill try to reformat and include less games. I let ypu know if that works.

Cowabunga

n00b
Hit an issue with it? Holy shit!!!
Seen your other post, so you tested the games and everything works? Righteous! That makes at least one of us.

Used firmware wiper, updated to latest firmware. The audio is still problematic. I suppose I wound up with a faulty Loader

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Sorry I am lazy and haven’t read all 12 pages of this thread yet, but I have recently purchased a NGCD Front Loader and I plan to get one of these SD Loader chips installed when it arrives.

I read that the SD Loader is incompatible with the Unibios as it does patch work directly to the NGCD Bios.

Does the SD Loader offer some Unibios like features on its own? Region select, cheats, that sorta thing?

neoVLAD

n00b
Sorry I am lazy and haven’t read all 12 pages of this thread yet, but I have recently purchased a NGCD Front Loader and I plan to get one of these SD Loader chips installed when it arrives.

I read that the SD Loader is incompatible with the Unibios as it does patch work directly to the NGCD Bios.

Does the SD Loader offer some Unibios like features on its own? Region select, cheats, that sorta thing?
Yea it offers cheats blood in metal slug everything unibios 4.0 offers pretty much the sd loader is great only issue is neo geo cd does not have all the AES MVS games so your missing a few great games other then that is a really nice improvement to the neo geo cd

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Since you're getting a frontloader, please check if you're having a similar video issue to the one here (look to the right of objects on solid colors). Both front loaders I had have this issue. Both toploaders and the CDZ were fine.

I wonder if it's an issue with the board design, or just the age of the system and caps.

@daytonausa you said you re-capped yours. How does the video look?

Cowabunga

n00b
Can't speak to the ghosting issue. All of my NeoCDs are tops with zero ghosting

I bought a 2nd and 3rd premodded NeoCD and they're working so I guess I'll sell the broken one. Some things just can't be fixed.

That's right the SD Loader and Unibios do not mix. You can only have one or the other.

I don't know if the SDL has ALL of the same cheats (that would be ideal) however I tried some SDL cheats with Art of Fighting and they worked. Can anyone confirm if the Loader offers all cheats like Unibios 4.0 does?

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
This was not a hard install, but certainly a fiddly one. If anyone has no digital/redbook audio, double check your CDDA cable. Once I realized mine was not connected correctly the music worked just fine.

And also cue/bin dumps where the audio tracks are also bins work just fine. No need to convert them to wav.

Basically just throwing into the googles what I wish I found yesterday.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I couldn't figure out how the card slot is meant to fit in the top loader vents. As it is, if I remove the card it's going to fall back into the system. Moving it to the next vent slot isn't going to work either because I've already maxed out the angle I can bend the hinge while keeping the PCB flat.

Hi NEO-G's,

This thread is old af but I needed to ask if anyone's been having issues getting past stage 1 in Sonic Wings 3 ~ Aero Fighters 3.

I already experimented with three different rip versions and two different microSD cards as well.

I can trigged the "PAUSE" on-screen using the SELECT button on the frozen background after the monologue appears when defeating the boss at the end of stage one.

All other games work fine, and I even completed a full play-through of Ironclad ~ Super Iron Brikinger just now FYI

Cheers,

Metro City

n00b
Hi everyone fan SNK! Can you tell me if I can download new menu themes (custom background)? Thank you

I've used the search but didn't find anything on the topic.

http://furrtek.free.fr/sdloader/

They are releasing an sd loader for the NGCD, allegedly in a month or so. For me it's great news if the load times are OK, we'll wait and see but I plan on buying one from the first batch just to give it a try.

Thoughts about this?

And speaking of NGCD, I have a top loader with a JP PSU and I have to go through the hassle of voltage converter and everything. Is there a way to get a EU/220V PSU without having to buy a expensive original one?
Have you managed to find the PSU?

Try scanning eBay for that, and you should find a black brick with the red letters "JGO" on it.
Otherwise, just visit Stone Age Gamer and buy it from there. JGO = Japan Game Online (They're marvellous people!).

Metro City

n00b
Hi NEO-G's,

This thread is old af but I needed to ask if anyone's been having issues getting past stage 1 in Sonic Wings 3 ~ Aero Fighters 3.

I already experimented with three different rip versions and two different microSD cards as well.

I can trigged the "PAUSE" on-screen using the SELECT button on the frozen background after the monologue appears when defeating the boss at the end of stage one.

All other games work fine, and I even completed a full play-through of Ironclad ~ Super Iron Brikinger just now FYI

Cheers,
Try cdromance, games works perfectly! I tried downloading homebrews from the web as columns but they don't work.

Try cdromance, games works perfectly! I tried downloading homebrews from the web as columns but they don't work.
Random game question:

- Can you play Aero Wings 3 (past level 1) without issues? If yes, then where did you get the image from & which region BIOS do you choose?

NeoSeeD

n00b
New firmware 0.11b released.

(Updated 16th October 2023 - For top and front loaders)
After updating, versions must be: MENU:0.11 MCU:00.11 CPLD:00.03

Changes from v0.10:

• Bugfix: Samurai Spirits RPG is now playable (thanks Justin !)
  • Bugfix: In-game menu now works in Nam 1975
  • Bugfix: Loader now blinks red properly when firmware is corrupt and no update file is found
  • Cheats: Kabuki Klash, 3 Count Bout
Known bugs:

• CDDA tracks sometimes start playing a bit too late.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
SSRPG was one of the games I bought it for, so I didn't know the game wasn't supported before.

Thanks Justin Gibbins and Furrtek for all your effort!