Firearm enthusiast thread

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yeah no semi-auto's unless you have a professional need for it or in other words unobtanium.

Gotta do a firearm safety test, get a reference and have that same reference be legally able to certify copies of your ID. The list of those people is unfortunately quite esoteric.

Then there are the storage requirements, law enforcement randomly checking in on their storage being to regs etc.

It's all worth it but you gotta follow the rules or bye bye guns.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I'm going out on a limb here and guessing he can't get a semi-auto.

Illinois is the only state I know that requires a license to purchase firearms with their FOID system though there are certain jurisdictions (NYC, Washington D.C.) where it's stupid hard to get a firearm.

You do need to pass a "firearm safety" test to purchase in California. I suppose that could technically be considered a license, but any FFL can administer it so it's less burdensome than say getting an actual state approved ID.
I don't know if you were still living here but you used to have to go get a permission slip from the state to buy a pistol.
Not quite the same thing as requiring a license to possess but still egregious.

R.I.P. braced pistol: you stole my heart like you skirted the sbr and conceal carry laws. Forever will I miss the gentle comforting recoil scratch of your velcro strap, rest in peace. :help:

Last edited:
Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The amount of interpretation left to regulatory agencies is bonkers. We know how wild it is in the realm of firearms, I can only imagine it's this bad in other sectors of the government true. That is to say, what the law says doesn't matter, what matters is what some bureaucrat says. Oh well.

Fuck ATF, fuck the Police, fuck this gay Earth.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I saw this homegrown thang, looks interesting! We have lever release and variants of and pump action rifles. They're kinda recent additions from what I can gather. Anything to get a little more edge over bolt actions in ROF.

R.I.P. braced pistol: you stole my heart like you skirted the sbr and conceal carry laws. Forever will I miss the gentle recoil scratch of your velcro strap.

Forever will I long for the horror on other peoples faces in the pistol range as my 762 muzzle brake boom angers and unsettles the people shooting actual pistols at the pistol range near me.

No one will ever fill your navy blue jansport conceal carry backpack, rest in peace braced krinku waifu. :help:
Nice ak, I loved using the beaten and bruised ak I got to fire in Vietnam. What a pleasure to use, could empty the bank account firing that thing all afternoon that is for sure.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’ve been watching videos on how to rifle barrels without a large.

Lach what about lever action? I imagine anything pump or lever is fun. I really enjoyed the henry I tried.

And thanks, the AK’s really tug at my soul, I like AR’s too but an AK just has such bad guy swagger. In the states we are going through a bit of an ak renaissance. I really dont want to change a detail on that zastava, ive shot it a bunch, gone through a long list of parts and optics to end up with it like that. Damn you ATF!

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Lach what about lever action? I imagine anything pump or lever is fun. I really enjoyed the henry I tried.

And thanks, the AK’s really tug at my soul, I like AR’s too but an AK just has such bad guy swagger. In the states we are going through a bit of an ak renaissance.

I really dont want to change a detail on that zastava, ive shot it a bunch, gone through a long list of parts and optics to end up with it like that. Damn you ATF!
Yeah lever action no probs, they look really fun. I just don't know what I really want as a first rifle. I know I want 22lr just based on ammo pricing but action? Ugh I keep feeling bolt action just due to ease of maintenance. This hobby is up there with aes!!

HellioN

20 Year Member
I saw a second hand one of these available, apparently you can't get them here anymore. Do you load that one by one or what?
Most non Kingsgate tube mags are loaded like this,

Lach I also wouldnt overthink the purchase too much, you will have plenty of fun no matter what you go with. You will learn a bunch from it and probably want to change up that first rifle or add another later down the line.

——————-

Reddit and youtube providing some good drama since the braced pistol ban was announced yesterday. Meltdowns coming in nicely. I changed my post showing and talking about my m92 into an in memoriam type post. Cracks me up the same afternoon I decide to share it, the brace drama drops.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
As part of 'getting ready to give uncle putin a warm welcome should he decide to visit' I picked up today something I wanted for a very long time - original Colt M16A1:

M16A1.jpeg

Mechanically in very good condition, aesthetically it needs a little bit of work (but not all that much) - delta ring is broken, handguards plastics are cracked, the finish on the upper and lower is pretty worn, but I guess this is part of the appeal and to be expected.

All in all - today was a good day 🔫😎

HellioN

20 Year Member
Is that a real deal 3d hole I spy there?
It's hard to see.
If so you could have bought a nice midrange car for the price of that.

Last edited:

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Is that a real deal 3d hole I spy there?
If so you could have bought a nice midrange car for the price of that.

I am in Poland - so firearms rules are different (i.e. still stupid but in different ways 😉). Autosear hole does not light up any red lights in terms of regulations over here.

HellioN

20 Year Member
I am in Poland - so firearms rules are different (i.e. still stupid but in different ways 😉). Autosear hole does not light up any red lights in terms of regulations over here.
Interdasting...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member