Vanity Stools

Karumakun

New Challenger
I've been eyeing some alternative options to stools for my gameroom solutions sit down set up. Knowing that original SEGA and TAITO stools for candy cabs are super expensive, I think I found a great solution if someone hasn't already reviewed these. I believe Vanity stools or chairs are that option. Many styles to choose from for under $50 and the heights are around 16"-18" which are close to candy cab stools.

I'm considering buying one of these below. I kind of like the simplicity of the rectangular stool but the adjustable short bar stool style is cool too.

https://flic.kr/p/2ocnFxx
https://flic.kr/p/2ockdgF

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Best stools I’ve found in the states for candies are the 18” tall with optional back National Public Seating Z stool. They’re reasonably priced, comfortable and can be stacked 3 high.

B593892C-9CC6-43EB-9B98-967DFD28020F.jpeg

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
The second one's base looks just like the one on a stool I bought. It was cheap junk that broke almost immediately. If that is the same base (of course, hard to know...) I'd stay away.

Karumakun

New Challenger
The second one's base looks just like the one on a stool I bought. It was cheap junk that broke almost immediately. If that is the same base (of course, hard to know...) I'd stay away.
Thanks for the heads up. That stool is priced at $39 bucks so I can believe how cheaply made it must be. I was thinking the hydraulic would be fist to go.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I use these Yamaha piano/keyboard benches. They're adjustable, padded well and less ugly in person especially once they are lowered. You can usually find them on sale for about $30 at local music stores.
41KNpZ6AJXL._AC_.jpg

Karumakun

New Challenger
I use these Yamaha piano/keyboard benches. They're adjustable, padded well and less ugly in person especially once they are lowered. You can usually find them on sale for about $30 at local music stores.
View attachment 62177
Trust me, I looked at piano chairs as well. Very affordable option and I'm sure they are the most comfortable on the hams!

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The problem with a lot of those vanity stools is there isn't any good place to put you feet/lower legs because of bars/supports. Or the base is too big so moving them around to get comfortable while you're playing is awkward, especially with 2 people.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
My desk chair is the right height for my cabs, and bonus my cabs are right next to my desk. Probably not great for two players though.

Karumakun

New Challenger
Well at the moment I'm using my kids toddler chair and I'm 6ft tall 😅 it's all an upgrade from here. I do need to think about space if I get a second stool which is probably why the foldable piano chairs seem a good option. Thanks for the replies everyone.