Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Oh man, is that the estimate they gave?

Edit: Yep, I see it. Sheesh...

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
My Super NT is my go-to SNES solution, but I still prefer a legit MD to the Mega SG - although it's a great buy if you don't want to fuss with actual retro consoles. But these wait times...over a year. Good lord.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I have a friend who has a 1 chip and 5x retrotink and is still buying the super nt, makes no sense. I've seen the 1chip side-by-side to the Super NT and the 1chip with a 5x is nearly the same, indiscernible. At this point I think people just like to buy "limited runs" and shit.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I was tempted to buy a Pocket dock but they haven't even sent my actual unit yet, so I don't even know if I like the damn thing. Not gonna drop another $100 (plus $30 shipping or whatever) on something that may be a dud IMO.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I was tempted to buy a Pocket dock but they haven't even sent my actual unit yet, so I don't even know if I like the damn thing. Not gonna drop another $100 (plus $30 shipping or whatever) on something that may be a dud IMO.

I'm still not a fan of the pocket I only regret selling it before prices jumped up :kekeke:

I don't think passes the "portable" test. I felt like one slip up somewhere and that thing was going to shatter. I feel it's more fragile than my phone/switch.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
I'm still not a fan of the pocket I only regret selling it before prices jumped up :kekeke:

I don't think passes the "portable" test. I felt like one slip up somewhere and that thing was going to shatter. I feel it's more fragile than my phone/switch.
One small drop from 3ft (or my pocket to the floor) and mine DID shatter. ;) It's the most fragile *portable* piece of hardware I've ever encountered.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
I wonder what their reason is for doing a "final" run? Obviously they move a lot of both units and the demand outweighs the supply. This is a product they could sell for quite some time and be a reliable revenue source.

I could understand wanting to generate preorder hype by saying it would be the last production run for the next year or something, but the last one ever? Seems odd unless you have something like a dual-purpose replacement in the works that would directly compete with an older product.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Wonder how many more final runs of these they'll do

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Waiting for the 2024 back stock of inventory or certified preowned/product return sale…

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I picked up the mega SG, simply because I'm tired of adapters, converters, upscalers, etc. I just want a simple system that i plug in and play my games on, and I'm a big fan of the super NT i bought years ago. And I'm in absolutely no rush, as i have a Genesis already to play these on, so it works for me.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I like my Super NT and Mega SG. They are nice elegant solutions for playing old games on a modern television. But I still have held on to my original hardware, for now.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I wonder what their reason is for doing a "final" run? Obviously they move a lot of both units and the demand outweighs the supply. This is a product they could sell for quite some time and be a reliable revenue source.

I could understand wanting to generate preorder hype by saying it would be the last production run for the next year or something, but the last one ever? Seems odd unless you have something like a dual-purpose replacement in the works that would directly compete with an older product.
My wild guess is that they’re so small that they can’t handle more infrastructure and can’t support more than a few supply chains. They probably have other stuff to release and had to drop the older stuff.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
My wild guess is that they’re so small that they can’t handle more infrastructure and can’t support more than a few supply chains. They probably have other stuff to release and had to drop the older stuff.
So, they already did a final run on the Mini NT. They still have the Pocket you can buy (if you're willing to wait at least a year) and, they took their new project, the Turbo NT, off their website.

To me, it sounds like Cristoph is looking to retire, not announce new hardware/projects. He has to be a millionaire by now.

Jon

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I've read on other forms that people believe the chip shortage and it's long term effects could be the cause. If so, I wonder if they made a larger than normal order to have plenty of stock for the final run (or just necessity to get any chips made at all.) Everything is still in stock, and that has never happened before.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Nothing is in stock: It's available for pre-order.

You want a Pocket or a Mega SG, you're waiting 6 months to a year.

Jon