SOLD: Ninja Master's Japanese AES Loose Copy with Repro Case and Manual

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
SOLD - Just for the records. Sold for $900 - struck a deal with a repeat customer on Ebay I've worked with in the past but had plenty of offers around the $800 to $850 mark. I think it would have sold for more had I been a bit more patient, but who has time for patience these days? lol I broke even on the deal.

20220924_082229.jpg20220924_132110.jpg
20220924_132431.jpg

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Have the prices really risen this steeply, $1400 for a loose jpn cart?
:spock:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My friend paid $10k for a nice US CIB. This was like 3 years ago, wouldn't surprise me if a JP loose was this much, not at all.

Jon

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Have the prices really risen this steeply, $1400 for a loose jpn cart?
:spock:
I mean, there isn't exactly a "loose AES price guide" out there. You can find early era loose Neo games easily on YAJ (like King of Monsters, FFS, etc.), but I've never seen a loose NM for sale. Same with that Metal Slug X I found a couple years back. You just don't see loose "big tymer" games like this to make any sort of price guide.

This price is based on going less than half the going average in the US of a CIB Japanese copy - which are hovering between the 2800-4000 mark. It may or may not hit at this price. Might need to go lower if it doesn't sell after a while.

The loose MSX I sold last year when I got my CIB copy went for $1800 or so.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Yeah, but don't forget it was US/Euro cart tho. That makes a big difference.
While that's true for 95% of AES games, when I sold that cart late last year US and Japanese CIB prices for MSX were pretty much on par with each other. ;) They still aren't far off from each other even with the recent uptick in US/Euro version sales in the US.

Ordering direct from Japan, you can snag a CIB Japanese MSX for less than $2500. BUT if ordering from US Ebay - the lowest price right now is almost $5k with two others over $7k. When selling items in the US, I agregate US sales (based on the region of the game I'm selling) averages to set prices then list for a bit below that. Personally, I order 99% of my games direct from Japan and never buy Neo games from Ebay.

Last edited:

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
This price is based on going less than half the going average in the US of a CIB Japanese copy

But you're also selling to a much a smaller audience. I would imagine the number of AES collectors who would accept a loose cart is very small. But to be fair, I'm honestly quite surprised your loose MSX sold for what it did.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
But you're also selling to a much a smaller audience. I would imagine the number of AES collectors who would accept a loose cart is very small. But to be fair, I'm honestly quite surprised your loose MSX sold for what it did.
I hear you. At the same time, when selling anything, you have to base your sales on what Data is available to you. That MSX sold in 2 days, but I had offers coming in within an hour of posting on Ebay. This NM will probably take a bit longer and I might have to cut the price. That's just the cost of reselling. I might take a loss, I might make a profit.

Just like real retail, if a price on a product isn't getting traction you lower it until it does, even if it becomes a loss for you to move the product.

I'm constantly watching and anlyzing the market. I find this stuff fascinating. I'm also tracking all loose cart sales in the US and Japan for a future price guide for this segment as none exist.