Scan Neo Geo Aes Games?

Gunlord

n00b
I remember long time ago, there was youtube that man was scanning Neo Geo Aes games to see if they are Real or Fake.

I cant seem find the youtube of man who did scan Neo Geo Aes Games.

I guess it is harder to Spot fake Neo Geo Aes games as You have open them inside(it is harder to open it and more hassle too!#

What the Scan Device Called(I seem think it is Vu Meter scan)?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
A screwdriver is a lot easier to operate than an x ray machine. I guess if the game was sealed you’d have a need for such technology but if you’re just looking for fake chips it’s kinda overkill. Most fake AES game are pretty easy to spot once they are opened, chips-wise.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
If you're buying expensive AES games, the only true test to tell if the cart is fake is to open it up. They're easy to open with a couple plastic spudgers and you can pickup a loose samurai spirits to practice on.

Gunlord

n00b
Thanks guys and I will try that(They're easy to open with a couple plastic spudgers and you can pickup a loose samurai spirits to practice on.)

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I don’t know how reliable the scan method is for checking a games authenticity.

I’ve always used the float test. For those of you not familiar with it, the float test is very easy and very reliable.

All you have to do is put your homecart in water.
- If it sinks, it is authentic.
- If it floats, it is a counterfeit.

Hope this helps!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
A better way is to dip the upper left corner of the insert in acetone, if it's genuine the insert will develop a nice sheen whereas counterfeit inserts will be matte.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I’ve also trained my dog to identify bootlegs.

I give him a cart and he just needs to take 1 bite in order to tell

- 1 bark = authentic
- 2 barks = bootleg

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Other, non-destructive ways, to identify AES bootlegs:

If the seller is French - it's fake.
If the game smells of onions - it's fake.
If the game regularly goes on strike and refuses to boot up - it's fake.

Otherwise the member Peter War is our resident expert in all things AES, but it can be very difficult to get him out of the closet.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I remember long time ago, there was youtube that man was scanning Neo Geo Aes games to see if they are Real or Fake.
Because of his bloody life, it's no accident that he was involved in the troubles.