TMNT Cowabunga Collection

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I only played the first three stages. Third stage, admittedly, sucked with Don.

Liking the game so far, just played about 20 min today.

Does this have 8 player co-op???

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I only played the first three stages. Third stage, admittedly, sucked with Don.

Liking the game so far, just played about 20 min today.

Does this have 8 player co-op???
I dont believe so, just up to 6. Still pretty cool tho!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah with wireless controllers these days can you imagine 30 years ago playing this with five buddies on the same screen? I would have been a happy kid.

You would have been what, @HornheaDD, 32 years old then? :emb:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Sure you were ;)

Also having the taunt just immediately fill your super seems broken good.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Really loving the gameplay and the music. I tried to not beat it in one sitting, so I'm currently on the 6th stage IIRC.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Coming to a home console near you.... NEXT MONTH!!!!

Going to be worth it just for the arcade ports to me... assuming they've not been fucked with. Anyone know who has handled the ports for this (sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread)??

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Coming to a home console near you.... NEXT MONTH!!!!

Going to be worth it just for the arcade ports to me... assuming they've not been fucked with. Anyone know who has handled the ports for this (sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread)??
Emulation for the collection is being handle by digital eclipse.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Bump most reviews for it have been very positive i'll be buying this asap.For ps4 digital first and then physical for switch.By the way i've heard online for the tmnt,beat'em ups is weak but the snes,tmnt tournament is good since it has rollback.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Picked this up yesterday and it's really nice. I'm not always huge on these retro collections but this is a good value and lets be honest for a lot of us it's a huge chunk of our childhood gaming in one package.They obviously put a lot of care into it, the bonus features and options are really robust. One thing I haven't heard the reviews mention is that it includes the Japanese versions of everything, which is nice.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Anyone see the penis head in one of the GB games yet

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Thoroughly enjoying it so far. Just like the other Konami Collections, the choices of filters, regional versions, and console and arcade ports is awesome.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Been playing it on the ps4 and it's not bad so far it's just a shame,four players for tmnt arcade and turtles in time is useless for online.Anymore then 4ps and the game will lag if it's just two players then it's fine.Also am i missing some thing here eu put up his review and he says this collection is a ripoff due to the input lag !? I guess if you're about 1cc the game this will anger you but if it's just casual play it's fine.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I hate lag as much as the next person, but 4 frames of lag on a current gen emu port ain’t bad. As long as you’re not playing on a shitty tv it’s fine. Nothing will make someone like that happy outside of Mister or a m2 port.

In the real work world, I played through the three NES games last weekend, if lag was too bad i would have shut it off and used another method. The only real issue i have with the collection is audio. The arcade games are a bit off, and there is a touch of audio lag in all the games, but it’s not a big deal.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I hate lag as much as the next person, but 4 frames of lag on a current gen emu port ain’t bad. As long as you’re not playing on a shitty tv it’s fine. Nothing will make someone like that happy outside of Mister or a m2 port.

In the real work world, I played through the three NES games last weekend, if lag was too bad i would have shut it off and used another method. The only real issue i have with the collection is audio. The arcade games are a bit off, and there is a touch of audio lag in all the games, but it’s not a big deal.
Bruh did you actually beat the first NES game

Tron

Test
15 Year Member

Aye then again i'm not so anal for it to be perfect for inputs or frame rates.Still you got people that loose there shit when it isn't right to begin with,they expect perfection.I don't know i've enjoy the collection so far still when it comes to digital eclipse i all ways keep my expectations low.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
IDK about beating but that game has a great over world jam. Usually worth playing for it… until the dam. You have my support!