Which Rockstar Autobiography?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I want to read an autobiography. I want sex, drugs and rock 'n roll.

I don't read many autobiographies, I will likely only read one on this subject, so which should it be?

Funny would be a big bonus. Someone I've heard of (I'm not much of a music buff) would also be good.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Ozzy Osborne a contender?

A-Train

Quiz Detective
20 Year Member
I read Anthony Kiedis’ (from the Red Hot Chili Peppers) years back (I was reading a ton the time and heard it was good). So I picked it up from the library even though I’m not a huge fan. The entire time, all I could think is it’s miraculous the guy isn’t dead (the chapters almost alternate between being about drug addiction and going to rehab) or in prison (he had some unconventional parents, to put it lightly, which clearly did some psychological damage).

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Ace Frehley's, of KISS, was okay, as was Motley Crue's (the entire band, not just one member). An unofficial Elvis one, by his bodyguards, was pretty good too. He had a fooking chimpanzee, like MJ, I never knew that. And he refused to ever have sex with Priscilla again after she had their daughter because he said he just couldn't have sex with a woman after she'd given birth...I don't know if he was afraid she'd be too stretched out and he'd fall in or what his problem was...🤣

NexusX

Astra Superstar
The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band
Motley Crue band autobiography. You want Sex, Drugs, and Rock'n Roll? This will have it.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Ace Frehley's, of KISS, was okay, as was Motley Crue's (the entire band, not just one member). An unofficial Elvis one, by his bodyguards, was pretty good too. He had a fooking chimpanzee, like MJ, I never knew that. And he refused to ever have sex with Priscilla again after she had their daughter because he said he just couldn't have sex with a woman after she'd given birth...I don't know if he was afraid she'd be too stretched out and he'd fall in or what his problem was...🤣

If you want sex drugs and rock & roll any of the KISS ones are going to do it. I think Paul’s is the grossest. If you want anything at least tangentially related to decent music though I’d look elsewhere.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
My two favorites here are already mentioned (CONFESS - Rob Halford, The Dirt - Motley Crue)

Not dirty, but David Byrne's How Music Works is excellent

A must read:

Lords of Chaos: The Bloody Rise of the Satanic Metal Underground New Edition​

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
oh i thought this thread was gonna be like "which rockstar autobiography would describe you?"

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Plus one for Halford or Mercury, leaning toward the former.

If he ever does one though my vote goes 100% over to Till Lindemann.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I liked the Morrissey one. Not much for sex and drugs though. Recommend me a good Bowie one?