The Kung-Fu Flick Thread: Your Recent Pickups and Favorites.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Big fan of the Original Drunken Master from the 70's and movies of that time like the Shaw Bros and all the Once upon a time in china. Big fan of the big guns on Chinese martial arts flicks just like everyone else here, you know, Gordon Liu, Jet Li, Donnie Yen, Sammo Yung, yada yada yada, don't own a ton of it but thankfully Netflix and Hulu have tons and I watch lots of it. Sometimes I'm on a kick for a marathon...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Yet another desperate attempt by myself to get the Kung Fu Flick fans in here. Will never be as popular as the anime threads, ...

Well, let's expand it to Swords then, there are so many great films from Hong-Kong in this genre. Here are some of my favorites:

1. What Price Survival a/k/a One-Armed Swordsman '94

005WFQ37jw1eqp2hh1hkfj30k00eygnp.jpg

2. Bride with white Hair

3. Green Snake

There's so many more tho... Savior of the Soul, Chinese Ghost Story, Ashes of Time (Original not Redux) just to name a few. So many memories.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I checked out Heroes of the East and it delivered.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Some recent ones I ended up watching:

Chinese Connection - My favorite Bruce Lee film
The Street Fighter - Sonny-fucking-Chiba
Kung-Fu Gold - ridiculous, but SOOOO good
5 Shaolin Masters
Drunken Master
Flash Point

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Found some pickups at the mall today.

1. Five deadly venoms.
2. Crippled Avengers
3. 8 Diagram Pole Fighter

Pretty excited to watch these ones. Hopefully I can squeeze one in tonight.

Which should I watch first? Never seen any of them.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Found some pickups at the mall today.

1. Five deadly venoms.
2. Crippled Avengers
3. 8 Diagram Pole Fighter

Pretty excited to watch these ones. Hopefully I can squeeze one in tonight.

Which should I watch first? Never seen any of them.

5 Deadly Venoms is a true classic, has pretty cool story.
Crippled Avengers a.k.a. Mortal Kombat a.k.a. Return of the 5 Venoms, is my favorite Venom film, lots of action in this.
Eight Diagram Pole Fighter fights scenes are legit. Alexander Fu Sheng died before they finished this, so if you're wondering what happened to his character you know why. Gordon Liu ended up being the hero in the film, which he was awesome!

Crippled Avengers>5 Deadly Venoms>Eight Diagram Pole Fighter

For me i would watch 5 Deadly Venoms first then Eight Diagram Pole Fighter, & then save Crippled Avengers last.

Watched the Master a.k.a. Final Master. Decent film, borderline artsy fartsy but the director has a different distinctive style to his film. Some really cool weapon fights in this if you're into that. I haven't been able to find subtitles yet, i would recommend waiting as the story is a bit confusing without it.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Sweet! Sounds like I choose wisely this time. I was almost fooled into picking up Flying Guillotine, instead of Master OTFG. Which I have yet to see.

I might hit up Amazon later and get it, along with Police Story, Hard Boiled, Wheels on Meals, and maybe a few others.

For some reason after picking up IP MAN, I just can't get enough Kung Fu movies.

Do you all know anything about the Shogun Assassin bluray release? I don't think it's all five movies. The DVD is crazy expensive. I really want to check these movies out.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Yeah Master of the Flying Gulotine is the crazy one which inspired dhalsim. The original is more of a drama with hardly any good fights.

Police Story, Hard Boiled, & Wheels on Meals are essential films to watch.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I picked up 50 Kung Fu films on VHS recently, from a local eBay listing. Now I just need to get a VHS player and have some Kung Fu fun. It was so cheap I just couldn't resist.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
OMG I did NOT know there was a thread like this....I watch way too many Asian films.

Who's down for 8 Diagram Pole Fighter????

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
So i just got an Oppo 103d & can now do all region...Bumped up/upgraded on some Shaw Bro celestials!
20160521_134337_zpsmoevtdnx.jpg

20160527_182418_zpsutyodupv.jpg

20160601_160837_zpsx021n8cl.jpg

Anybody trying to get rid of theirs on the cheap let me know haha...

Looking for Dirty Ho, Masked Avengers, Legendary Weapons of China, The Master, Kid With the Golden Arm & 5 Elements Ninja

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Got a shit ton to get rid of I'll send you a PM.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Finally saw One-Arm Swordsman starring Wang Yu. It was actually pretty good. Probably going to check out Return of the one-arm next.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I have legendary weapons of china. Let me watch it again and see if i like it. Cause i dont remember it at all.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Neco bump:

Looks like Vinegar Syndrome is rereleasing Above the Law, AKA Righting Wrongs. Less than 1k in stock right now of the standard ed.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Neco bump:

Looks like Vinegar Syndrome is rereleasing Above the Law, AKA Righting Wrongs. Less than 1k in stock right now of the standard ed.

Sweet! I wonder if it has the original English dub. I have the Dragon Dynasty DVD release which they recorded a new dub for and it's terrible.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Any of you dinguses seen The Boxers Omen? It's legit fucking crazy. I think it recently got a BD release, I used to have the DVD but sold it when it went OOP and was going for silly money.