Post Your Recent Purchases!

Sublimewls

New Challenger
The above is what I would recommend.If something goes wrong with your neosd in the future your basically SOL because they offer zero tech support..
Try to get a NEO MVS-MAGIC KEY converter in a baby blue turquoise like shell if you can. That converter will play Metal Slug X with no issues.
BB
Cool. I will definitely look into that. I wasn’t sure which converter was better so I’ll keep a look out for that one

Sublimewls

New Challenger
The above is what I would recommend.If something goes wrong with your neosd in the future your basically SOL because they offer zero tech support..
Try to get a NEO MVS-MAGIC KEY converter in a baby blue turquoise like shell if you can. That converter will play Metal Slug X with no issues.
BB

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32568...edirect=y&html=static&gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

Is this what you are talking about? Or is this a knockoff?

There is also this…

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Wanted to throw out a big thanks to Big Bear for the great deal on the SS manual.
My pleasure buddy.It totally slipped my mind to confirm your receipt of your e-mail but if you need anything else,drop me a line.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32568...edirect=y&html=static&gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

Is this what you are talking about? Or is this a knockoff?

There is also this…

The one I own is identical to model the Neo store is advertising but is similar in color to the one sold at Alibabba which I didn't know existed.
Just make sure you purchase a model that works with all games including Metal Slug X.
I can't recommend The Daedalus due to it's design....
BB

Last edited:

Sublimewls

New Challenger
The one I own is identical to model the Neo store is advertising but is similar in color to the one sold at Alibabba which I didn't know existed.
Just make sure you purchase a model that works with all games including Metal Slug X.
I can't recommend The Daedalus due to it's design....
BB

From what I read the neo store one (green) has some issues I guess? The blue one fixed a lot of those issues since it’s version 2. Would you recommend the green one?

Sublimewls

New Challenger
I wish I could tell you why. It’s just a game I played at the arcades and became good at it. I feel like the difficulty is challenging yet realistic. It’s just easy to pick up and play. Only other game I have that baseball stars professional. While I like that game it’s too friggen hard. I want to branch out and get more. I like nam and a few others. Any games I should look out for? What do you enjoy?

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I wish I could tell you why. It’s just a game I played at the arcades and became good at it. I feel like the difficulty is challenging yet realistic. It’s just easy to pick up and play. Only other game I have that baseball stars professional. While I like that game it’s too friggen hard. I want to branch out and get more. I like nam and a few others. Any games I should look out for? What do you enjoy?
There are plenty of top titles on the Neo, but here are some of my non fighting recommendations for you, ones that I personally enjoy. As always, be wary of ebay asking prices. Always reference actual sold listings. Also, be careful of "conversions" that you can find online. It's just a fancy term for fake or bootleg in most cases.

Magical Drop III (AES price is big tymer bux, MVS is reasonable)
Money Idol Exchanger (MVS only)
Zupapa! (MVS only)
2020 Super Baseball (I prefer this over Baseball Stars 2)
Neo Drift Out (MVS & CD only)
Pulstar (MVS and AES are big tymer bux respectively)
Sonic Wings 2 and Sonic Wings 3 (Sonic Wings 2 should be cheap on MVS)
League Bowling (shouldn't be too crazy priced on AES or MVS)
Spinmaster (still reasonable on MVS)
Street Hoop (again, still reasonable on MVS)
Viewpoint (MVS and AES are bux)
Twinkle Star Sprites (MVS and AES are big tymer bux++ respectively)

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
The obvious suggestion for me is Neo Turf Masters (MVS, unless you're willing to sell a kidney for the AES). Best arcade golf game ever, arguably the best arcade SPORTS game ever, and my favorite title on the Neo.

Sublimewls

New Challenger
The obvious suggestion for me is Neo Turf Masters (MVS, unless you're willing to sell a kidney for the AES). Best arcade golf game ever, arguably the best arcade SPORTS game ever, and my favorite title on the Neo.

Digimac and catoblepa,

That’s a good starting point on games to look out for. I’ll have to see if I have them on the neo geo x. I’m waiting for the neosd but I want a few carts as well. For some reason I can see my collection being sports heavy. I read about turf masters for the first time here on this forum. I never knew it existed. I definitely want to check it out. Best golf game though? It is gonna be hard to top links 2004 on the og Xbox. I highly suggest you check that one out if you can. That league bowling intrigues me though. Never played it but it caught my eye. Thank you for your recommendations!

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Digimac and catoblepa,

Best golf game though? It is gonna be hard to top links 2004 on the og Xbox. I highly suggest you check that one out if you can.
I think I've played Links 2004 back in the day, but that's why I specified: best arcade golf game ever ;) There's a huge difference between realistic simulations and the fun, fast pick-up-and-play style of Neo Turf Masters. Try it, you won't be disappointed. By the way, NTM was developed by Nazca, the same guys who made Metal Slug (so you know there's some serious talent at work).

Sublimewls

New Challenger
I think I've played Links 2004 back in the day, but that's why I specified: best arcade golf game ever ;) There's a huge difference between realistic simulations and the fun, fast pick-up-and-play style of Neo Turf Masters. Try it, you won't be disappointed. By the way, NTM was developed by Nazca, the same guys who made Metal Slug (so you know there's some serious talent at work).

Oh cool! I didn’t not know that. That intrigues me even more! Maybe I will have to pop for it when I can find a copy. But I’ll definitely try it on my neo geo x if it’s on there.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I bought a home system to play Metal Slug. I bought a converter next. Then I bought what I should have in the first place, a cmvs.

Sublimewls

New Challenger
I bought a home system to play Metal Slug. I bought a converter next. Then I bought what I should have in the first place, a cmvs.
Cmvs? Consolized mvs? I’m still not down with all the lingo. Ya I’m learning I should have prolly gone with that. I didn’t know they made them all nice and clean now. When I originally looked it was just superguns that’s why I wanted an aes. But after I bought mine I saw that they came out with all these new fancy ones…

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Cmvs? Consolized mvs? I’m still not down with all the lingo. Ya I’m learning I should have prolly gone with that. I didn’t know they made them all nice and clean now. When I originally looked it was just superguns that’s why I wanted an aes. But after I bought mine I saw that they came out with all these new fancy ones…
Yep, consolized mvs.

You may just want to look into superguns that you can plug any jamma board into. I say any but Chinese jamma and multi slot mvs are slightly different.

Sublimewls

New Challenger
Yep, consolized mvs.

You may just want to look into superguns that you can plug any jamma board into. I say any but Chinese jamma and multi slot mvs are slightly different.

I don’t know if there is a big difference between superguns and cmvs or not but the super gun confuses me. Trying to find the power supply and all that… I would want to get something as plug and play as possible. That’s my impression of what the cmvs would be. I’m sure I’m wrong. Plus I’ve seen some that look like the aes. Pretty fn cool

Sublimewls

New Challenger
If you can get a NeoSD AES, that'll take some of the sting away from the prices of real carts, being able to play the library for a comparatively cheap cost.

Welcome aboard, don't be a stranger, and don't stick to the marketplace. :)

I scored a NeoSd off Facebook! We’ll see if I get it and it works!